IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

GTA5 hands-on preview on IGN, mission spoilers will be in there, obviously..

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/world-first-hands-on-with-grand-theft-auto-v

My favourite part is in the comments. Four pages of preview, going into detail about the missions and vehicles and the like, generally making the game sound pretty damn awesome. I look to the comments, and find this beauty:

2vahzd5.jpg

Who said journalism is dead?

Does anyone know what the "punishment" will be if you get caught by the police?

Did we lose any weapons at IV or did we keep them like in V? Did we lose money? Did we lose mission progress?

Is my mind so dizzy by the immiment release and I can't remember shit?? :wub:

You lost your weapons kept your cash, maybe pay a fine I can't remember. If you get caught say during a mission and fail it, when you spawn outside the cop shop, your mobile phone will ring for you if you want to replay that mission.

You lost your weapons kept your cash, maybe pay a fine I can't remember. If you get caught say during a mission and fail it, when you spawn outside the cop shop, your mobile phone will ring for you if you want to replay that mission.

First page says you keep guns forever, even if you run out of ammo.

Fuck, my will to wait for a PC version is crumbling. I just get a feeling I'm going to pick up the 360 version.

Ha, that's the 'new PC gamer' in you. You'll adjust. And pick it up on PC down the line. Your first experience of it will still be epic no matter the platform.

It's also lovely to return a year or so later, after having paid peanuts, and playing it in maximum bells-and-whistles mode :D

They sold out a long time ago

Edit: The only place that still actually has some in stock by the look of it is Rockstar Warehouse

http://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=GAME-GTAVCE&vName=360&actionsource=Product%20Grid

£120!! Thanks 'kitten, but hmmm...... might have to give it a miss. To be fair, I picked up the GTA4 LE months later for less than the game on it's own was at launch. Might try that approach again.

Rockstar has 'requested that no UK retailer dispatch GTA 5 before September 16'

Copies to remain in warehouses until day before release to ensure smooth launch, GAME says.

Rockstar has requested that online retailers hold off from dispatching copies of Grand Theft Auto 5 until September 16 in an effort to ensure early copies don't reach customers in advance of the official September 17 release date.

In an email sent to customers this evening, UK retailer GAME said that "GTA V is released on 17th September and Rockstar, who publish it, have worked very hard to make it the biggest gaming launch ever.

"They have requested that no UK retailer despatch GTA V before the 16th September and GAME, along with all reputable retailers, will respect this request."

GAME states that it will be processing orders earlier than normal "due to the epic size" of Rockstar's upcoming title, before reiterating that orders will not reach customers early.

The issue of online retailers dispatching copies well in advance of release date has led to one UK retailer - ShopTo.net - choosing not to stock copies of one of this year's biggest games.

Back in May, ShopTo announced that it would not be stocking this November's Call of Duty: Ghosts due to "contractual reasons and [a] delivery policy agreement".

The firm claimed that Activision's policy meant that it would not be able to "maintain [its] high standards of release date delivery".

Last year, UK retailer Simply Games openly advertised the fact that it would be dispatching copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 in advance of release date and offered a "guaranteed Monday delivery", promising delivery a day ahead of the official release.

Some customers - VideoGamer.com included - received the game three days ahead of its official release.

GTA 5 releases on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 17.

Source: GAME Customer Services Email.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/rockstar_has_requested_that_no_uk_retailer_dispatch_gta_5_before_september_16.html