IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

Rockstar confirm the microtransactions in this here article on their own site. Plus all sorts of other excellent information. I want the co-operative heists so, so much. Designing custom races will be amazing too.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51422/some-more-details-on-grand-theft-auto-online.html

EDIT: Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it but "From launch, up to 16 players..." implies that maybe down the line there will be support for a whole lot more, all rampaging around the same city?

I was watching the new episode of Person of Interest when suddenly Trevor (Steven Ogg) strolled into shot! Unfortunately he was only on screen long enough for me to do a double take, although in that time he did manage to instigate a bar room brawl.

How much do you have to do? I'm in the middle and I find no way to initiate the heist. Should I just call T.?

I'd already done most of the flight school as Trevor before the requirement for Michael popped up. I did the take-off mission then quit and that was good enough for the game to let Michael proceed.

Anyone know how the stock market works? Because on the Social Club site it gives "online" figures.. but wondering how that works with in game activity (ie. completing missions in game that affect share prices). Are there two stock markets, an in game and online one?

Edit: Nevermind, just read the Wiki. LCN is in game, BAWSAQ is online. Strange though, because the first in game mission that affects the stock market involves a company in BAWSAQ...

Had one of my favourite chillout experiences in a game ever there. Doing the scuba diving side quest/activity, exploring a ridiculously massive and complex shipwreck, then getting back into my dinghy to head up the east coast. Put on Worldwide FM as a mighty storm rolls in. 30 ft waves battering off all the rocky outcrops and islands in that part of the sea, lightning striking, making huge jumps off the tops of big waves and narrowly avoiding rocks... so good.

I have to say, this game has some of the best side quest/activity/collectable stuff I've ever seen in an open world game. Puts to shame the Ubisoft Montreal style of busywork sidequest, for example. Considering GTA IV basically had none of that, it's amazing. The scuba diving stuff wouldn't need much fleshing out to be releasable as an excellent XBLA game in its own right.

I gotta say I really don't like the radio music in this. Compared to past games it's a pretty poor selection imo, with only one or two highlights. I mostly just drive round with the radio off now.

You're not alone, I don't think it's great either tbh. Apart from the Rock and Pop channel and the ocastional rap song I'm not overly impressed. It's no Vice City.

Anyway, I finally managed to get this beauty. Took me about 6 goes. Shame it conked out on me when I landed it, so I blew it up with a grenade launcher.

967895ED-3821-4698-AFB1-5B353E95628F-661

Just had a wonderful time stealing a bus and trying to pick up passengers at the airport. Nobody wanted to board, so I headed into the metro, but they were all waiting for the train. Jumped out, and loads of npcs started on me! Actually, wherever I go npcs try to pick fights, what's up with that?

So I beat one up, then ran down the tunnels away from the police. It's a long walk from here.

I'd already done most of the flight school as Trevor before the requirement for Michael popped up. I did the take-off mission then quit and that was good enough for the game to let Michael proceed.

So that means that I have to proceed with the flight school? That is shitty. It's fucking boring and I can't do an inside loop+turn shit! :(

Any other way to proceed? If I go to flight school with Trevor, will the handling be easier?

Just had a wonderful time stealing a bus and trying to pick up passengers at the airport. Nobody wanted to board, so I headed into the metro, but they were all waiting for the train. Jumped out, and loads of npcs started on me! Actually, wherever I go npcs try to pick fights, what's up with that?

I'm guessing you're playing as Trevor? :lol:

edit: you don't have to do flight school to do that heist, you just need to get your flying skill up and doing a few of those challenges is the best way to do so. I recommend maxing it as you have to do some fine manoeuvering. And I wouldn't bother doing it at all with Trevor, his flight skill is already high!

Very well. There was a moment where I came to a junction, looked up one road and thought, if I go up that hill for two blocks and turn right, I should be on Hollywood. Did it, and I was. Then I decided to try to find the Sunset Tower hotel. Drove to roughly where I thought it should be, and scanned the skyline. There it was. Complete with correct pool and sun beds layout behind it. All the shops, diners and scenery opposite were accurate and the Chateau Marmont was just up the road.

Also found City Hall to be pretty much dead on.

The Beverly Hills equivalent is very similar, lots of familiar buildings and the iconic steps at the bottom of Rodeo Drive were something I crashed into by accident escaping the police. (Shown here in Clueless)

Stairs.JPG

Obviously stuff like the observatory too. And at one point I drove into the bottom of a shopping centre car park (Beverly Centre or the Rockford Plaza I think it was called here), there's no way you'd think that was based on anything but I instantly recognised the layout of it. It's amazing.

I keep finding more and more things but it's not just locations, it's the atmosphere. In real life Sunset doesn't turn into Hollywood but it feels right that it does here.

The early missions when your driving around as Franklin reminded me a lot of Midnight Club Los Angeles. Which whilst not super accurate took in most of LA. I've never been to LA but that was the closest and the layout here in GTA V is not far off but more compact.

The area outside the city reminded me of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Essentially what I'm saying is despite never having been to LA or California I had a strange sense of familiarity.

So that means that I have to proceed with the flight school? That is shitty. It's fucking boring and I can't do an inside loop+turn shit! :(

Any other way to proceed? If I go to flight school with Trevor, will the handling be easier?

I asked this question a few pages back, and the answer is no, you don't have to do all of the flight school. I can't remember exactly how it happened, whether I got a call or not, but it seems you have to complete whatever FIB missions are on the map first (highlighted with a letter B). The last flight school mission is a bit of a bitch, so I was glad I didn't have to do it.

Franklin will also get a message suggesting he get some practice at the shooting range too, but you don't have to do any of that either.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it but "From launch, up to 16 players..." implies that maybe down the line there will be support for a whole lot more, all rampaging around the same city?

The maximum that the code allows for is 32 apparently.

Hey kids! Look what Uncle Trevor found!

0_0.jpg

I just found that too.

noose hq, right? Beats the hell out of fort zancudo.

Been using it to do the under the bridge challenge. Half of the ones I've done were barely bigger than the heli, and didnt even count!

Did the knife flight challenge before that, in practically zero visibility weather. Turns out the stuntplane still flies pretty well with the rudder sheared off. :)

Even the trip to the hanger was eventful. I was crossing the runway in a shitty stolen mini, and tried to dash past a landing jumbo. Thankfully I didnt die, but it did pretty much rip the front end off the car.