IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

On the very second mission/intro I happened across an ambulance station with a couple of helicopters on a very easily accessible single storey roof. Nabbed one with no wanted level and headed off to survey the city. 2min later got "mission failed" as I'd strayed too far from the vehicle I was supposed to be delivering and was unceremoniously dumped back to redo the mission. Have not been able to find the ambulance stn again since!

I just walked into a place a couple of times and took one with no problems very early. It was towards the airport, at the start of a long straight road to a modding garage (Los Santos Customs) you get taken to after the mission chasing the stolen boat on the truck.

Just had a look and it's got a yellow sign with Extreme Sightseeing outside. Seems it's not there all the time, presumably going on sightseeing trips.

For those who have done Franklin's submarine missions:

Are there 2 barrels in the Alamo Sea? How do you get the sub there, there are two rivers that lead to it but the sub gets beached at the start of them, do I steal a Chinook with Franklin and winch it over there? I cannot find these last two barrels.

This is probably a daft question, but are the upgrades in LS Customs one offs? e.g. I can't buy more than one 100% armour upgrade, or stack the 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100% upgrades? Likewise with the engine upgrades - can you only pick one to "equip"? I don't really want to waste my $$$ finding out :P

I've done my first proper drive round, The map in this isnt very interesting, no Forest? The desert is very small and not remote enough, there's too much mountains but its a bit bland and boring, reminds me of driving around the motorway in England and there's just that Moorland with sheep, It doesn't compare to San Andreas in design

I've spotted a helicopter parked on top of the police station roof right next to the car compound/recovery truck park that Tanya(?) is always getting F to help her out at. Never had a go at stealing it though, so dunno how easy it is to get.

That one's really simple to get. I got it within about an hour of starting the game. The police ignored me completely as I climbed on their roof to get to it.

I've managed to push someone off Chilliad. WIN.

I've done my first proper drive round, The map in this isnt very interesting, no Forest? The desert is very small and not remote enough, there's too much mountains but its a bit bland and boring, reminds me of driving around the motorway in England and there's just that Moorland with sheep, It doesn't compare to San Andreas in design

Theres Forest in the North, hence why theres so much logging.

I've spotted a helicopter parked on top of the police station roof right next to the car compound/recovery truck park that Tanya(?) is always getting F to help her out at. Never had a go at stealing it though, so dunno how easy it is to get.

Easy to take, i went in there trying to get my impounded car back - obv not the way to do it as i found out. Took out a few cops when wated went up but flew away easily enough!

I'm finding this a little dull to be honest. I think it's the endless driving from place to place which isn't doing it for me. Need more action hopefully that comes later.

The driving is getting a bit dull at times - I don't want to have to drive all the way out to the dessert to get in a plane - can you get something at the LSIA?

At the moment I'm using taxis if I have to go really far and can't be bothered.

AH, so good.....Being chased by the cops, as Trevor, down to a sliver of health, and I pressed Y to jump into a tiny airport buggy thing parked next to a jumbo jet......but of course, it teleports me straight into the jumbo! Cue my view zooming out, making the cop cars look like toys! Mwwwwahahahahah. But, oh, shit, the jet's parked in a place where it can't actually taxi out without sheering off both its wings. And naturally, once you de-wing a plane, yeah, it explodes and kills your ever-so-short-lived-smug-arse.

The driving is getting a bit dull at times - I don't want to have to drive all the way out to the dessert to get in a plane - can you get something at the LSIA?

At the moment I'm using taxis if I have to go really far and can't be bothered.

Use planes, or boats, or jetskis, or helicopters. Use your imagination.

Why would anyone want to steal a helicopter!? They're a bastard to fly.

Nah, they just need a subtle hand. I've spent all morning flying them under bridges no larger than the heli themselves.

Good gunnery on the buzzard is another matter though.

Anyway, stock markets.

I spent a couple hours this evening just cruising around in a yacht while I watched the market, and I'm not sure it works the way you'd expect.

Initially I'd tried putting all my money into air-emu while I bombed the fuck out of everyone else.....my stocks raised about half a point. FlyUS actually went up more!

So I tried legitimate trading instead. I identified a mover that had very low lows (almost zero) and comparatively high highs (about 16). I sank all my money into it while it was fairly low (about 5), and spent a couple of weeks of ingame time watching it occasionally peak at around 6, 6.5 ish. With all my money in, that's stil a decent return of a couple million, but hardly the twofold profit I'd expected.

Thing is, the 'last week' graph doesnt seem to reflect actual performance. Firstly, I was actually watching what it did last week and it didnt look like the graph! Secondly the line stays static while the days along the axis move along, so it's impossible to identify when various peaks and troughs actually occurred, if they occurred at all. I dunno if the 'last' number to the right is meant to represent what the value was that time last week, but if so that's broken too.

Anyone had any more luck with this?

Nah, they just need a subtle hand. I've spent all morning flying them under bridges no larger than the heli themselves.

Good gunnery on the buzzard is another matter though.

Anyway, stock markets.

I spent a couple hours this evening just cruising around in a yacht while I watched the market, and I'm not sure it works the way you'd expect.

Initially I'd tried putting all my money into air-emu while I bombed the fuck out of everyone else.....my stocks raised about half a point. FlyUS actually went up more!

So I tried legitimate trading instead. I identified a mover that had very low lows (almost zero) and comparatively high highs (about 16). I sank all my money into it while it was fairly low (about 5), and spent a couple of weeks of ingame time watching it occasionally peak at around 6, 6.5 ish. With all my money in, that's stil a decent return of a couple million, but hardly the twofold profit I'd expected.

Thing is, the 'last week' graph doesnt seem to reflect actual performance. Firstly, I was actually watching what it did last week and it didnt look like the graph! Secondly the line stays static while the days along the axis move along, so it's impossible to identify when various peaks and troughs actually occurred, if they occurred at all. I dunno if the 'last' number to the right is meant to represent what the value was that time last week, but if so that's broken too.

Anyone had any more luck with this?

Nah I just shoot people.

Ah bastard cops. I went back to that jumbo, and managed to reverse it out, and onto the runway. However, speeding down the runway for take-off, I kept running over tiny cop cars, and the third one I smashed to pieces blew the fucking plane up. Hahahah.

If you're at the airport, and you trigger wanted stars automatically, is it still possible to hide and get rid of them, or will they remain the whole time you're trespassing? Or Trevorpassing as I shall now call it.