IGNORED

GTA:V Single-Player Thread - next-gen versions out now!

murray

57 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

This kinda makes it sound like I won't be able to play with my PS4 chums when I'm on my PS5 version

You won't, they already hinted at character transfers and enough behind the scenes changes that the versions would be incompatible.

That update is great and uncharacteristically informative for Rockstar!

• 1 month later...

It's up for pre-order now on the Xbox store with a 50% discount at £17.49 yet only £8.75 on the PS5. That's for the story mode of course. Cheaper than I was expecting to be honest, even at the Xbox discount price. 

2 minutes ago, SteveH said:

It's up for pre-order now on the Xbox store with a 50% discount at £17.49 yet only £8.75 on the PS5. That's for the story mode of course. Cheaper than I was expecting to be honest, even at the Xbox discount price. 

On PS5 you're not paying for GTA Online, for the first three months.

£8.75 on PS5 seems like a steal, I was expecting they'd charge at least £30 for it. Granted it won't include online after the first 3 months but I'll never play that anyway.

13 minutes ago, Majora said:

£8.75 on PS5 seems like a steal, I was expecting they'd charge at least £30 for it. Granted it won't include online after the first 3 months but I'll never play that anyway.

You get Online as well, it's a bundle. As that's free to claim on Plus for the first three months they appear to have subtracted it from the launch offer price, though.

1 hour ago, Ferine said:

You get Online as well, it's a bundle. As that's free to claim on Plus for the first three months they appear to have subtracted it from the launch offer price, though.

Ah ok I misunderstood the offer. Well even better then, can't believe they're practically giving it away given how much they would probably still sell at a much higher price.

I think I'll bother getting the full ps5 version if it's all reduced just to save using the ps4 disc any more.

I just now need to keep pestering my heist friend to upgrade to a ps5 as well so we can both try it out. 

42 minutes ago, Pob said:

Will be I able to try out GTAOnline on Xbox Series? Or will that involve paying? 

For Xbox you're paying £17.49 for both story and online. That would be the price on PS5 too but Rockstar done a deal with Sony to give the online away free for the first 3 months on PS+ which is why it's launching at only £8.75 for the story mode.

So bottom line, your only option is £17.49 for both on Xbox.

At £8.75 it's very very tempting -- I was expecting full £50 Rockstar audacity. I have played through GTA5 story mode several times over the years and it's always enjoyable.

It would be funny if the Digital Foundry analysis shows the XSX version is superior though.

I have never - and will never - have an interest in GTA Online. I know that people will be able to get GTA Online without Story Mode... but will it also work the other way around? Will it be possible to only download Story Mode, and not be forced to needlessly download regular big updates for Online?

4 hours ago, Majora said:

Ah ok I misunderstood the offer. Well even better then, can't believe they're practically giving it away given how much they would probably still sell at a much higher price.

They make bugger all from people buying the game now. They just want people online to buy shark cards. Which I will never, ever do. 

I can understand why some people do buy them as after playing many, many, many hours online you can see how they’ve minutely balanced things to eek out the grind, pushing people to nope out and spend.

After 650 odd levels I’ve never been tempted.

5 hours ago, Majora said:

For Xbox you're paying £17.49 for both story and online. That would be the price on PS5 too but Rockstar done a deal with Sony to give the online away free for the first 3 months on PS+ which is why it's launching at only £8.75 for the story mode.

So bottom line, your only option is £17.49 for both on Xbox.

So what happens on PS5 after 3 months?

2 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

They make bugger all from people buying the game now. They just want people online to buy shark cards. Which I will never, ever do. 

I can understand why some people do buy them as after playing many, many, many hours online you can see how they’ve minutely balanced things to eek out the grind, pushing people to nope out and spend.

After 650 odd levels I’ve never been tempted.

With the Cayo perico heist you can pretty easily make money, half a million or more depending on the type of target for about an hour of play we've got it down to. 

Doing the low mtu trick to get a session with none of the griefing arseholes also makes it actually quite a good online game (even if it arguably negates quite a bit of the potentially clever online city/ gang idea but I've never played it with lots of people I really know that are playing "properly")

But yeah I'll be giving it a go as a co-op game with my mate if he upgrades :)

Happy to show anyone the very quick way of doing the cayo perico heist if anyone gives it a go though and wants some fairly easy money. 

2 hours ago, b00dles said:

With the Cayo perico heist you can pretty easily make money, half a million or more depending on the type of target for about an hour of play we've got it down to. 

Doing the low mtu trick to get a session with none of the griefing arseholes also makes it actually quite a good online game (even if it arguably negates quite a bit of the potentially clever online city/ gang idea but I've never played it with lots of people I really know that are playing "properly")

But yeah I'll be giving it a go as a co-op game with my mate if he upgrades :)

Happy to show anyone the very quick way of doing the cayo perico heist if anyone gives it a go though and wants some fairly easy money. 

yeh Cato Perico is a doddle and surprised they haven’t nerfed it.

5 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

At £8.75 it's very very tempting -- I was expecting full £50 Rockstar audacity. I have played through GTA5 story mode several times over the years and it's always enjoyable.

It would be funny if the Digital Foundry analysis shows the XSX version is superior though.

I have never - and will never - have an interest in GTA Online. I know that people will be able to get GTA Online without Story Mode... but will it also work the other way around? Will it be possible to only download Story Mode, and not be forced to needlessly download regular big updates for Online?

It’s a bundle with both the single player GTA V and GTA Online. I *think* you can download them separately.

3 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

yeh Cato Perico is a doddle and surprised they haven’t nerfed it.

I've not tried it with more than one person as mentioned, so it's almost a shame that with only two of you, it's not even possible to carry out anything from the harbour areas etc. I've never totally cleared the whole island (or whatever you could carry with 4 of you) but with two, you can in and out the mansion stupidly quickly. 

I still want 6 to have the setup stuff (well,  and everything ideally) more systemic. As in, you need to get the glass cutter but it isn't just at the one building site when you trigger the mission, it's 'always out there' in a sense as soon as you start a heist even. 

But I still think I'll be waiting a lot longer for that kind of gta-meets- hitman type game. 

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I assumed the 3 months is if you redeem it like a game on Ps+ you get to keep it as long as you have a subscription.

Yep. If you 'purchase' it for nothing within the first three months you get to keep it forever, so GTA Online is basically free for anyone on PS5.

I'm so fucking hyped, I can't wait. It comes out the day after my internet gets installed!