Edge Scores, March 2011

The Sarge

I know - they all look and play sooooooo differently - any dev other than twisted pixel in this lineup should be ashamed of themselves.

Have you actually played any of them, or seen any footage that isn't a two-year-old pre-vis render like above? Explodemon is quite different. I don't blame you for thinking it's a clone but there's a ton of information out there about how it isn't if you looked.

That's me yesterday when I finally discovered you can pronounce it explo-demon instead of explode-mon.

Can you? We don't! We've always said it like it was a Pokemon, but that's because we're THIEVES!

Anyway, I'm not going to derail this thread any more, but given that the hard work of my colleagues has been brought into question I'll include this link and then bid you adieu. Adieu. To yeu and yeu and yeu.

I'm guessing I've annoyed a developer of the game here - unfortunately it's a main character that explodes - uses that to traverse the landscape and destroy enemies and has a name that's very similar. I expect 99.9% of people will think the exact same thing.

I'm guessing I've annoyed a developer of the game here - unfortunately it's a main character that explodes - uses that to traverse the landscape and destroy enemies and has a name that's very similar. I expect 99.9% of people will think the exact same thing.

which is what I did...

They were developed at the same time. You guys should really look at the blog explaining the games history that Ed-E posted, it makes for very interesting reading.

Edit: The post I was responding to about it being a Splosion Man rip has been deleted. But still, read it anyway.

This is correct. Its a massive ripoff of Splosionman.

Is this not even mentioned in the review? :unsure:

To be fair to Explodemon, it was revealed earlier than Splosion Man. Unfortunately, it was in development for so long and there were precious few updates that most people forgot about it until recently and as Splosion Man was such a success and already has a sequel in the works, it was inevitable that people would start to call it a Splosion Man rip-off.

Hopefully people won't write it off completely and will give it a chance as it seems to be very different from Splosion Man.

:)

e225cover.jpg

Issue 225 of Edge will be touching down on subscriber's doormats soon and arriving in UK newsagents on February 15. In our cover feature this month, we take an in-depth look at Nintendo's 3DS, its glasses-free 3D handheld, as well as the games you'll be playing on it.

Elsewhere in the issue, we visit Valve's Washington headquarters to reacquaint ourselves with GlaDOS and experience Portal 2, the sequel to one of 2007's most surprising games.

Sony's PS Camp has revived the bedroom coding spirit of Net Yaroze, and we look at how it's turning amateur designers into game developers.

Finally, in Digital Underground we shine a light on some of the most creative modern videogame companies you've probably never hear of, and explore the world of commissioned games.