IGNORED

RPL Wanderers - Season 12

mackenie

Something should probably be done, but fuck knows what as we can't exactly restart every time someone drops. It makes a mockery of the league when things like that happen, especially when you get teams (like both of us tonight) getting the full 10v10 online and end up playing 5v8 or whatever it was, pretty much three games in a row.

It was the same for Rovers VS United guys.

10 VS 10 which ends 6v6 at best. The game has ruined my night despite getting a win.

I know it's in the rules that a match week can be postponed if the servers are playing up, but even with you showing that it was a global server issue (rather than just our games) it somehow still seems unfair to call for a replay of tonight's matches on a night when the servers are back to 'normal'.

I presume the rule was intended to be used before a match result has been completed with both manager's joint-support in wanting to play it another day - and tonight seems like it would have been the perfect opportunity to use it. I guess a combination of: 1. They (the managers) already knew the servers are shit, 2. They probably didn't want the hassle of missing a week and re-arranging the games some how and 3. No precedent of the rule being used before (to my knowledge) made them just decide to carry on regardless and probably not even consider the thought of postponing the games for a week.

I rarely miss BAP nights unless it's something fairly important, but tonight has seriously lowered my priorities of making sure I'll be free on Thursday nights any more. Thanks EA, you greedy cunts.

Athletic have consistently had problems all week - for praccy on Tues we had 3 out of 9 drop most games, Wed versus you lot 3 or 4 of our lot dropped and so did several of your guys, and last night we lost 2/3 people both games and City had similar problems.

I'm not sure what point I'm getting at except that last night wasn't a one-off, it's been shit all week, with no apparant reason.

The scorelines were never going to be important due to the opposition being at such an advantage with their low numbers, which makes the fairly comfortable victory we did get even more impressive.

Aye good games chaps, as dan said it can be a lot easier when one side has fewer so the results don't count for much. Epic lols at the o.g. and class finish btw dan with the curler from Saint's short GK throw. :)

Sorry Wanderers... Couldn't resist.

13829_275x189.jpg

Sorry Wanderers... Couldn't resist.

Somehow I knew that was going to be brought up when I posted it last night :)

Obviously no offence to Pilotwings, but Jamin is in a completely different league (literally) than him when controlling the any. Clearly with people dropping mid-game and Pilot presumably not knowing which players he was actually in control of or what positions they're supposed to be in doesn't help either.

When i meant literally unplayable it was down to them disconnecting :), though buttons had bad lag in the second.

Bad is an understatement.

Mack: "Pass it!". I press button. 2 seconds later the power bar appears. Then I done got tackled.

Repeat, at a time when we were 1 down, had 3 or 4 people left on our team and had to push.

I had more fun getting whipped by Chooch 7-0 in 1v1 than I did on Thursday night :/

Another thing - thanks to Samo for joining me in the running around holding down Y goal celebration. I tried to get that to cotton on all last season but it never happened :lol:

I'm more of an aeroplane guy myself.

Great performances guys, it rekindled my love of BAP after tonight, although once again the EA servers came so close to ruining it for everyone. Two clean sheets and a mass of goals/chances, can't argue with that.

Unlucky City, the bounces just weren't going your way tonight and we capitalised on it. Pity we didn't get a chance to properly show ourselves against Town last week or the league might look very different, this was the first time since the Athletico Cup win that we've had a proper team together.