IGNORED

The top ten games for each platform

DJ Sack

I compiled this list from the GameFAQs game pages, and personally i feel it represents the ten best games for each system. Some shouldnt be there, and some are clearly wrong, but many i feel are right. These are the games that are timeless classics. I havent done the newer machines as they still have games coming out for them.

N64

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

3. Super Mario 64

4. Perfect Dark

5. Paper Mario

6. Super Smash Bros.

7. GoldenEye 007

8. Conker's Bad Fur Day

9. Harvest Moon 64

10. WWF No Mercy

Dreamcast

1. Sonic Adventure 2

2. Marvel vs. Capcom 2

3. Phantasy Star Online

4. Street Fighter III: Third Strike

5. Skies of Arcadia

6. Resident Evil Code: Veronica

7. Shenmue

8. Soul Calibur

9. Fire ProWrestling D

10. Sonic Adventure

Game Boy Color

1. Pokemon Gold

2. Pokemon Crystal

3. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

4. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

5. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

6. Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories

7. Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors

8. Dragon Warrior III

9. Pokemon Trading Card

10. Dragon Warrior I&II

Mega Drive

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3

2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

3. Shining Force II

4. Shaq-Fu

5. Shining Force

6. Sonic & Knuckles

7. Sonic the Hedgehog

8. Zero Wing

9. Phantasy Star IV

10. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Neo Geo

1. SNK vs Capcom

2. Samurai Shodown V

3. The King of Fighters 2002

4. Garou: Mark of the Wolves

5. The King of Fighters 2001

6. Samurai Shodown IV

7. Rage of the Dragons

8. The King of Fighters '99

9. The King of Fighters 2000

10. King of Fighters '98, The: Dream Match Never Ends

NES

1. The Legend of Zelda

2. Super Mario Bros. 3

3. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

4. Final Fantasy

5. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

6. Super Mario Bros.

7. Mega Man 2

8. Final Fantasy III

9. Metroid

10. Dragon Warrior

PlayStation

1. Final Fantasy VII

2. Final Fantasy IX

3. Final Fantasy VIII

4. Final Fantasy Tactics

5. Chrono Cross

6. Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories

7. Legend of Dragoon

8. Xenogears

9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

10. Harvest Moon: Back To Nature

Saturn

1. Nights

2. Burning Rangers

3. Panzer Dragoon Saga

4. Shining Force III

5. Dracula X

6. Dragon Force

7. Guardian Heroes

8. Dragon Ball Z: Shin Butouden

9. Magic Knight Rayearth

10. Shining Force III Scenario 3

Snes

1. Final Fantasy III

2. Chrono Trigger

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

4. Super Mario RPG

5. Seiken Densetsu 3

6. Super Mario World

7. Secret of Mana

8. Super Metroid

9. Final Fantasy V

10. EarthBound

you do realise that these GameFAQs lists are just lists of games most people have needed FAQs for, and have no correlation to game quality whatsoever, and further are heavily skewed towards newer games, RPGs and Wrestling games, and also games which are well known for ANY reason (see Zero *all your base are belong to us* Wing in the MD list)

A few disagreements from me:

1. there is NO WAY that the sci-fi setting of Perfect Dark is better than Goldeneye.

2. Sonic Adventure 2? Marvel vs. Capcom 2? PSO? I beg to differ.

3. there isn't too much variety in that Game Boy Color chart. Have they never heard of Tetris? Or should that not count?

4. Shaq-fu? Get the fuck out.

5. I doubt Zero Wing would be any where near the top 100 had it not been for the whole "All your base" phenomona.

6. Zelda 2 was never held in such high regard in it's day.

7. The Playstation had a lot more than Final Fantasy, as the Megadrive had more than Sonic, as the GBC had more than Zelda, as the Neo Geo had Metal Slug.

8. Dragonball Z is terrible on all formats in all iterations.

9. Shining Force 3: Scenario 3 is available only in the Japanese text format, which renders it unplayable to just about anyone who doesn't have the internet to read about it (tranlations-wise), or is fluent in Japanese.

10. Panzer Dragoon Saga is only there due to it's unknown qualities. The truth: it's too short to be a classic RPG.

Again disagreements

N64

Where is Diddy Kong Racing, 1080, F-Zero, Star Fox 64.. they are better than some listed there.

Dreamcast

While personally I would put Sonic Adventure 2 there, others maybe disagree. I certainly wouldnt have Sonic Adventure there. There are other better games too, than the ones listed.

Megadrive

Only about 2 of those games deserve being on that list - Sonic 2 being one of them. The rest are really not that great.

Playstation

A few goodies there, but some not so great titles either. Where is Resident Evil 2? Maybe Silent Hill?

9. Shining Force 3: Scenario 3 is available only in the Japanese text format, which renders it unplayable to just about anyone who doesn't have the internet to read about it (tranlations-wise), or is fluent in Japanese.

Hardly. You'd be missing out on the bulk of the story but the interface is still navigable.

(But yes, these lists are a load of crap)

you do realise that these GameFAQs lists are just lists of games most people have needed FAQs for, and have no correlation to game quality whatsoever, and further are heavily skewed towards newer games, RPGs and Wrestling games, and also games which are well known for ANY reason (see Zero *all your base are belong to us* Wing in the MD list)

Yeah im aware of this, but the n64 one for example and maybe the dreamcast one had many id consider in the top ten, and seemed more accurate of the better games out there than the likes of CVG's lists. Although i'll happily agree some are just plain wrong, such as the mega drive.

Thought i did the snes, i'll add that shortly.

and personally i feel it represents the ten best games for each system

Neo Geo

1. SNK vs Capcom

2. Samurai Shodown V

3. The King of Fighters 2002

4. Garou: Mark of the Wolves

5. The King of Fighters 2001

6. Samurai Shodown IV

7. Rage of the Dragons

8. The King of Fighters '99

9. The King of Fighters 2000

10. King of Fighters '98, The: Dream Match Never Ends

i was actually going to ignore this pointless shite thread which will only insight arguments but that is just plain WRONG.

a) there are no titles other than fighters in there you moron. what about strikers 1945 plus? what about ghost pilots? what about league bowling? what about METAL SLUG????

B) you used 5 KOF games and still managed to miss 97', which is easily one of the best. you also put the best one last.

c) you have put SvC top, i havent actually played it but i have played a lot of neo games and i refuse to believe that the high point of this consoles 12 year life is a capcom collaboration.

d) in your misjudged idiocy of only including fighting games, you have missed some of the very finest on the system (fatal fury special, samsho 2, KOF97)

e) where is METAL SLUG????

have you ever used a neo in your life? are these by any chance the only 10 games you've played? or maybe even less and your just presuming the other examples from the series are just as good?

twat

have you ever used a neo in your life? are these by any chance the only 10 games you've played? or maybe even less and your just presuming the other examples from the series are just as good?

twat

Your stupidity never fails to astound me.

You missed out MGS from the Gameboy Colour section. As arguably the second-best game in the series (yes, it's better than MGS2), this is ridiculous. If you've not played it, beg, borrow, or steal for it. Trust me, it's fucking timeless.

No, it isn't. MGS bores me to sleep now.

On the 'cast, where fuck you be Shenmue II 'n' Jet Set Radio? THERE IS NO GOD!!!oneone etc.

did no-one read my post? :D

Dont worry, they dont read mine either.

*NOTE*!!!!!! I did not create these list, i coped and pasted them from GAME FAQS top ten FAQS looked at, and i feel that some of the lists, such as the N64 represent some of the ten best games for the system. But as with lists, lists are debatable, and some of the consoles such as the mega drive have lists which are truely wrong.

You missed out MGS from the Gameboy Colour section. As arguably the second-best game in the series (yes, it's better than MGS2), this is ridiculous. If you've not played it, beg, borrow, or steal for it. Trust me, it's fucking timeless.

No, it isn't. MGS bores me to sleep now.

Surely you are mistaken? Stealth has rarely been done better, the story is simple and compelling, and the music is bleep-tacular. Even the controls are inspired.