Ultra Street Fighter IV

stayed up to watch it. The two players I wanted to win the most in grand finals. So hype to see PR Rog beat Justin and Infiltration, and even more hype to see Ryan Hart come back from a 3-0 reset. I was begging him to start matching PR Rog's aggression and start uppercutting all those TAPs and he did both. Godlike top 8 and the most exceptionally hype top 3. Amazing.

New character musings;

It's a shame she looks like a fairly low effort Cammy PC mod, as the set of tools she has makes her look quite fun. Teleports, shenanigans, a yoga catastrophe ultra, hands into super, air drills. Lots of things. Love that Psycho Stream ultra. Install/put things on the screen abilities are the best. Didn't get to see the overhead that ultrachen were excited about yet but it sounds rather good. Interesting.

As well as her general appearance, the trailer makes her gameplay look more like Cammy's than the actual matches did, so I expect some reactions to be a bit more negative than is perhaps deserved.

It's weird that they've chosen Decapre. I guess they went with her because as a clone of Cammy they could reuse the character model but give her a different moveset, which if she's a charge character I guess they have done. But they've kept tonnes of her animations similar, so it's like they went to the farthest lengths possible to not make her a shit Cammy reskin, then completely hid that stuff behind what looks like a lazy Cammy reskin.

They also seem to have replaced the dual Vega claws with a single psycho power blade thing (which looks exactly like Psylocke's one) and ruined her mask. Not really sure who is supposed to be excited by this, because as a Cammy player with knowledge of the comics you'd think I'd be front and center, but the changes make her look less like Decapre and more like a PC mod of Cammy.

I can't imagine anyone watched that trailer and was actually excited. It's like a tightly-edited montage of a reskinned character doing Cammy stuff!

This one is from IGN so is kind of annoying in tone but it shows more of her stuff:

"Dicapri"? That's not the pronunciation I was expecting. Woman in the iron mask, romeo and juni-et, my super art will go on, etc etc.

I'm excited. First one of the new characters that I am properly excited to play. I'll be on her day one.

Yeah, looks like a reskin of Cammy. But, she is a charge character... and the only new charge character!

Charge characters have been woefully underrepresented since ST. It was pretty much an even spread between charge and command characters until Alpha...

Still...excited now!

Was woken up with my phone going mental with announcements about 3am. Complete and utter disappointment.

I went to work this morning without thinking to check the internets but I later saw the social update from you on my mobile and my heart sank. :( One Cammy is more than enough already :P but I'll reserve judgement until we can actually play the thing...

I think she looks a lot more promising that Evil Ryu and Oni did before AE came out, and more promising than either Elena or Hugo do, but not as exciting as Hakan and Juri looked - probably on par with Yang and Poison in terms of my personal pre-release excitement levels. But to be honest I think the whole anticipation/announcement/trailer thing is somewhat ridiculous for new characters unless they're going to be crazy like Hakan - the fun comes from playing with the new character, not seeing what colour outfit they wear or which directions they fly about during their ultra animation.

Really? I've not heard anyone mention her as a possibility.

I don't know that anyone picked her specifically as their guess, but I think pretty much everyone thought it was going to be a doll.

The Great Sagatsby.