Ultra Street Fighter IV

JLM

I'm borrowing a friends copy of SSFIV and today I met my first forumite!

It's hard to post a video of beating someone who then requested not to mention it on the forum but I'm just so darn pleased about the win as I'm basically shit at SSFIV and this was the best win I've had and it just so happened to be against a fellow forumite. There's no way I'll make it past 1500 with my main Ken so thank you geldra for having a bad game against me, you made a noob shoto very happy :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-iKsS897O4

WHO THE FUCK GAVE THIS SHIT POSITIVE REP?! EH?! COME ON, ADMIT IT! WAS IT YOU? HMMMM?

MOTHERFUCKER!

:(

WHO WANTS TO PLAY STREETY FIGHTAH WITH THEIR STONE COLD BOY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLITO?!

What the actual fuck. Did you actually come online? I was in a rotten run of form about 1130ish and would have welcomed the distraction. I have not played you in months. Are you running from me??

In other news; Ryu is PP printing machine. Who knew!

this thread needs more Archer,

I came in wildly drunk tonight and decided to try a little challenge. I wanted to see if I could draw a round as akuma using NO offensive moves whatsoever, only focussing/blocking fireballs, jumping out of the way and teleporting. I came close a few times! But people on ranked (especially B rank or above) are way too serious. I do fucking LOVE focus absorbing 10 fireballs in a row, and then taunting into the final one to let them hit a perfect. It's so absurd. I also sent everyone who played me a message calling them a cheat for daring to use "moves".

Also I then played a bit of hakan and somehow beat loads of people and got him up to a C by accident.

i repped the chun stoppable (like ron stoppable, i guess) video, partly because i found myself sighing with relief along with you at about 1:52 - "yusss, not getting perfected!" - but also because, come on, agreeing not to mention the match on rllmuk and then posting the full video replay has got to be the new quitting just before you win.

It's Friday. I think we all know what this means.

RedWine_for_jp.jpg

Expect numerous full-screen fireballs cancelled into super for chip wins. Full-screen fireballs FADCed into dash forward into nothing. Air to air light punches with characters I have never used before. And throws. So many throws.

It's Friday. It's Friday and it's fucking ON.

i repped the chun stoppable (like ron stoppable, i guess) video, partly because i found myself sighing with relief along with you at about 1:52 - "yusss, not getting perfected!" - but also because, come on, agreeing not to mention the match on rllmuk and then posting the full video replay has got to be the new quitting just before you win.

Oh good lord, you watched the whole thing?! I can't bring myself to watch past the first round.

Nate!! Red wine for breakfast?!

Also I did some of the most amazing shit last night. Just went on a little twenty minute run with Ken where all my shenanigans worked.

In a full screen fireball battle with a Ryu. On the fourth fireball I FADCed, dashed forward, jumped over his fifth fireball and just caught him with HK, landed and hit cr.MK and threw out a fireball I knew would be blocked, so FADCed that, j.LK, cr.LK, cr. LP, cr.MK x HK Tatsu, HP SRK on landing despite having no meter, because he'd teched two or three throw attempts off Tatsu hit in the first couple of rounds so it hit and knocked him down. Blocked crossup LK into throw for the win, think I did for about 60 per cent of his life in under 10 seconds. Like some kind of god. This fucking game.

Oh good lord, you watched the whole thing?! I can't bring myself to watch past the first round.

Nate!! Red wine for breakfast?!

Lol. Why on earth not? I'm off to work in a minute.

(Don't be silly, it's a call to arms for the second weekly Red Wine Lobby at 11 or as soon as I can pack the ladywife off to bed)

Damn those ladywifes all to hell (or bed).

I'm jumping back on ranked this afternoon, I know I've been told not to by mr miagi (carlito) but I just neeeeeeed it at the moment. What I also need as a ranked partner is an invention first mentioned by Philly on here: a street fighter branded punching pillow. Also comes in handy for muffling my yelps of teary frustration.

I like to think that people who have never played the game at all read this thread every day. Like those groups of friends who say "they could totally put us watching TV on TV, our banter is THAT funny". We're like them, and they're AWESOME.

This thread's pretty much the Takeshi's Castle of rllmuk's Challenge TV.

Aaw, can we not be Ninja Warriors* instead?

*Every time i see this prog listed I think it's a full show dedicated to the Tecmo coin op that had a mint intro, had a mint conversion on the Amiga with smooth scrolling and stuff whereas the Atari ST version had flip screen and shit sound. I'm usually a little disappointed that it's a Total Wipeout clone.

I've got a fez , me and Joffo should wear our fezzez and form team Hakan. I could wear it to that MvC3 do in Glasgow to be recognisable. Coincidently I've also got a bowler hat. Is this headgear combination a national trait? I have many, many hats but most of them are wooly and full of sawdust.

This thread is the only reason I come back to rllmuk, all the other threads are full of moany fuckers.

Thing is, I'm scared to play the game again. You know, now that I get to bed reasonably early at night, don't spend my days sneaking peeks at combo videos and actually speak to my other half in the evenings. My name is Jason and I'm an instantairteleportaholic.

Daigo/Mago/Tokido Arcade edition top 10 best characters, courtesy of Air's blog:

1.) Fei Long

2.) Yun

3.) Yang

4.) Gouki/Akuma

5.) C.Viper

6.) Ken

7.) Sagat

8.) Cammy

9.) Makoto

10.) Zangief

Air's blog is great by the way. They were going on about it all through the Canada Cup last year and it really is worth a look.

http://airryu.blogspot.com

The main talk with regard to Makoto is that the Fukiage buff has made as big a difference as people hoped it would. Beats a number of meaty attacks and makes here extremely hard to cross up. I can see that (and her other buffs) pushing her up near the top, because some top players have already shown how digusting her rushdown can be in Super, and it was her lack of wake up/defensive options that really hampered her. It appears that this has been fixed. Air also reckons she has the second best forward dash in the game after Abel, which will bring her that little bit closer to 3S Makoto levels of scary.

I haven't played this game for two whole months and still read this thread every day. Something not quite right there.

I got back into the game because of this thread! However I don't have access to my Xbox till the weekend due to working in Milton Keynes during the week. I'd like to play some people on here, but quite frankly I'm scared. I'd get destroyed. Like, proper destroyed. Arse raped if you will. :(

JSMaster was hilarious for the whole weekend, and was sufficiently humble when all the Canadian reps had been beaten. He was talking a lot of shit, but it was all good natured and pretty much everyone took it in the right spirit. Except that one guy...

FChamp's dickhead status was cemented for me during that Road to SoCal regionals documentary. He beats Jorge the young Ryu prodigy in a very close match and is such a prick about it. No need at all.

FADC = Focus Attack dash cancel.

Do a focus attack during the animation of a move to interrupt it, then dash to get out of the focus attack animation. It costs two chunks of super meter but allows you to perform combos that wouldn't otherwise be possible, or bail out of a move when you see that it's been blocked.

When do you usually play?

Depends what you want. If you like combos and flair, you probably want to be in a lobby with me which generally take place at the more reasonable hours of the evening.

If you hate combos and want timeouts, pokes and spacing you probably want to play in one with JLM, he normally plays between midnight and eight in the morning. He then sleeps standing up in the shower for three and a half minutes before going to work.

This wouldn't be too much of an issue but JLM is surgeon by day and, because of his reckless attitude to sleep, people die. Those people die because he makes mistakes. He makes mistakes because he's tired and he doesn't care.

Obviously it's up to you who you lobby with.

FYI I always try to get a full eight hours sleep to ensure that I am fully prepared for whatever challenges each new day brings.

I also give to charity and have the singing voice of a nightingale.