Ultra Street Fighter IV

JLM

I love SSFIV, most games are done after a few weeks and everyone moves on... not this little fecker.

New players, old veterans, old rivals and new lobbies.

The game that keeps on giving and turning you into a raging mentalist.

Fixed that for you.

Get a fucking job ya layabout ya.

Actually, because I am anal, I very rarely play story based games in the day as I feel like the natural light ruins the mood. I think yesterday was the first day I have ever done it and I only did it then because I was getting insane cabin fever waiting for the UPS man who arrived, as I should have expected, at 1700h on the dot.

I also insist on watching films in pitch black and absolute silence.

And do the wierd sex thing with the sheet with hole in it.

In addition I am actually working very hard on a SECRET PROJECT.

I love SSFIV, most games are done after a few weeks and everyone moves on... not this little fecker.

New players, old veterans, old rivals and new lobbies.

The game that keeps on giving and turning you into a raging mentalist.

FUCK OFF.

What?

To clarify, I've had this week off work to have a bit of relaxy time and it has been anything but. For the past three days at 4pm approx the veins on my neck have been practically popping at with sheer rage. At my shitness mostly.

I have it on good authority that Carlito's secret project is the 'access tube' he's drilling in the wall separating his and his neighbour's bathroom. The reason it's taking so long is because, due to the secret nature of the project, he can only use a hand-drill between 12:45pm and 1:00pm (this being when the neighbour takes her jack russell for a shit in the park).

You know what, I am not sure I hate Filipino Champ as much as I normally do today.

Balance restored. Die in a fire you hissy little cunt.

blogs_punch_in_face_3519_716016_xlarge.jpeg

Don't know how anyone can play with all that going on around them. I get nervous in a lobby.

Is there lobbies tonight then? Will there be lobbying? Gathered in a lobby will people be?

JLM plays Ryu these days, BTW. Just telling everyone.

I lost 122 BP in one battle yesterday. I was gutted. Some hustling 150 BP Sakura took my Gouken down. I beat the ever-loving piss out of them for the majority of the first round and then backed off 'cause I thought it was all a bit much only to end up eating some heavyweight combos and resets and losing badly. I felt a bit cheated if I’m honest. Didn’t chip them out, tried to be a gentleman – all for nothing. I’m going strictly Carlito from now on: chippier than Harry Ramsden.

Congrats on the achievement, the shoes and for the salty abuse! Don't tell me - were you abusing Fuerte's wakeup game?

:-) i did the obvious in response - replied basically saying "it's called a mixup" and offering some friendly advice on blocking crossups, then submitted negative feedback and reported the message for abusive language.

it's definitely the best message i've got from anyone on xbox live. i can't blame the chap really though. my fuerte is devastating. i think he has like a 30% win rate and everything.

Fucking hell Alistarr. You'd think the joffo hat post would be the greatest thing in the thread for at least a 48 hour period, and then you bring that brilliance. Sterling effort sir, and I want them shoes.

I had a guy call me a cheating Paki because he kept getting hit by the second punch of Chun's jumping double fierce. I explained very politely that the second hit is effectively an overhead and that he needs to block high for both. He said "LOLLLLL I KNOW HOW THE GAME WURKS I DNT BLOCK IT LOW". I told him that his inputs disagreed with that claim. He did not reply. I expect to be murdered some time soon.

Also:

JLM plays Ryu these days, BTW. Just telling everyone.

Man, I was so pissed about that game cale. So pissed.

I've been trying to level up my Dryu with the little series against imp's Akuma and busting him out in ranked from time to time. I have a fun corner mix-up game with him now and I'm even getting used to having a DP and hitting nice deep MP shoryus on jump-ins. Also footsies and stuff. So I was in ranked and I was like "ah, cale, I can show him some of my new stuff I done learned" only to experience the laggiest bunch of lag that ever lagged.

It was at my end, as usual. Housemate told me he'd paused his torrents and whatnot, so I thought it was cool, but it turns out he didn't know that uploading would also adversely affect my gaming experience. He's actually being extremely considerate and will gladly stop bandwidth-heavy activities if I'm Streetfighting, so I'm not complaining, I just need to remember to check what's going on with the other computers in the house before I start.

Walking into red fireballs because I couldn't react to them was making me rage pretty hard.

What order did you do C2C in to finsih on Elf, alistarr? I went for an unimaginative row by row approach... I thought that if I'd picked them one-by-one I'd have left all the ones I didn't fancy much till the end and never got round to finishing it.

i did rufus, hakan, makoto and dudley first when the game came out, then went left to right on the top row and right to left on the middle row. then i started going tight to left on the bottom but after hawk i decided to hit zangief while i was in grapple mode, then went back to balrog intending to resume the right to left approach, but then figured i may as well do blanka and guile as they'd be nice and quick too, which left me with vega and fuerte. it was pretty sad when i got to that point, but i'd come so far i knew i couldn't give in now!

Yes there are lobbies tonight. Don't you people read when I post pictures of red wine hitting a glass at 9 in the morning? FFS.

Also, I dunno if I posted this already but here's ShinAkuma's best of playerjun52:

Mad science at about 2 minutes - is that first hit of an axe kick cancelled into Ultra 1? WTF and why have I never heard about this before? Nick, did you know this? Joffo? Other Kenz? To the lab!

E: Also at 2.30, the corner LP SRK linked to Super linked to Ultra? I'm doing that tonight to someone fo'reals.

You have posted it, but not since yesterday so it's OK.

The combo into ultra is one of PlayerJun's many disgusting counter hit set ups. He baited a crouch tech out of Rufus by pretending he was going for a tick throw/kara throw set up at 2:00 and frame trapping him good and proper with close standing MK. That combo only works on counter hit, and I don't think any other Ken can fish for counter hits better than him.

Also lol at the Eventhubs commenters calling him a flowchart Ken for doing "random" uppercuts. I presume they're referring to the option select SRKs that hit without fail against the Abel player because he's reading him like a book. I tell myself I won't read comments on these videos any more but I just can't help myself. :facepalm:

Mad science at about 2 minutes - is that first hit of an axe kick cancelled into Ultra 1? WTF and why have I never heard about this before? Nick, did you know this? Joffo? Other Kenz? To the lab!

E: Also at 2.30, the corner LP SRK linked to Super linked to Ultra? I'm doing that tonight to someone fo'reals.

I saw that vid a while back, close St. medium kick to ultra <3 Have practiced it in training but not done it for real. It's a hard timing link but oh so satisfying (especially imagining Chris Hu doing his 'holaholahola' impression with the ultra).

Speaking of beautiful Ken tricks, does anyone know if his hit-dash under reset is in Super? I got absolutely brutalised by someone doing it in vanilla but have never seen it in this version.

Trials are, curiously, somewhat the preserve of the experienced player, though doing the first few for anyone you're interested in will be helpful. I can't imagine what kind of experience you'd have learning and doing all the trials without playing the game properly. I find it much easier to do things in training mode (as I'm sure is the point) than throwing them into an actual match.

Play online against people of a low level, or alternatively find a mate who wants to learn and play together, that's by far the most fun I've had with the game.

Outstanding ragemail AL157@Rzz!!1

I have adopted a new joystick grip which has given me a blister.

I guess I just have to try and be philosophical about it and accept that injuries are part of life for professional athletes.

Let me guess: wineglass grip.

How easy is it to become half decent at this game? Is the challenge mode a good way to do it or is it not really helpful in game?

In terms of improving your execution it's certainly useful, but most of it is unnecessary and impractical in general play.

It really depends on your level of experience with fighting games in general. You only really need one or two basic combos to start with and then you can build from then.

JLM for example, will very rarely use combos, and is still a very "winning" player whereas I am probably the finest combo technician that has ever lived, yet I regularly lose.

I'm sure I wrote a lengthy and tedious post for absolute beginners a while back - I'll see if I can dig it up.

Also check the Vesperarcade series of videos on Youtube.

Let me guess: wineglass grip.

Nah. Thats for Diago fanboys.

I just moved one finger down under the balltop a bit as I think (hope), eventually, it will let me chugg out 2xQCFs faster.

I'm trying to pick up Viper and her exposure of my execution shortfall has been crushing.