Ultra Street Fighter IV

JLM

Nah. Thats for Diago fanboys.

I just moved one finger down under the balltop a bit as I think (hope), eventually, it will let me chugg out 2xQCFs faster.

One finger under the ball? Did you grip it like a tank commander before then, palm flat over the top of the ball? Or do you mean you now put your pinky the other side of the shaft from your other fingers, which is Daigo grip?

Jellum, I've set my alarm for an 8am morning lobby. It's on, right?

Alistarrrrrrrrrrrrrr, congraturation!

I'll be on tonight. Oh yes.

the last laugh is on him because my nan is locked in a care home because she has alzheimers and there's no way she's getting run over so HA.

This is an excellent thing to say.

I am tired and I'm going for little evening nap, but I shall be online for tonight's red wine lobby, oh yes. Also, I had a man beat my Akuma with his rubbish Cammy, all the while giving me abuse, til the point I laughed so loud and hard down the mic I think I shattered his eardrum. I then got called a faggot so I came onto him a little.

Street Fighter!

RE: Makoto, does she have the horrible, brilliant mixup after Hayate in AE? Where you're in range to command grab and really fuck up someones day...

Also, I feel so dirty, played about with Ken in ranked, wenyt up 300 points near instantly, ewwwwwww

God. I have so much Street Fighter shame. I've had Super since launch and across the entire cast of characters I still only know about 4 combos and can only do 2 of them on a good day.

In lobbies now I do lots of taunts and backdashing to make it look like I'm deliberately playing utterly shit for the lolz and acting like an idiot, and yet what you see is all true. ALL TRUE.

I'm banning myself from lobbies until I learn the game. At least another 3% of it or something, I can't take the dying inside everything I try and mash out a combo I've seen 1000 times but can't do myself.

SELF BAN INITIATED!

Until 11. See you guys then probably.

(srsly, I'm so fucking shit or super dry when I win though- I have SF depression :-( )

Anyone up for a pre-11pm redwine lobby lobby, possibly fuelled by spirits or possibly also red wine? I'm Bisonshock2ing currently, but, y'know, it's a bit shit. Killing Big Daddies & Sisters is all well and good at first, but blegh, it's getting tiresome. This is not good FPS & the quality of the story suffers directly because of.

Tips for a new player? Don't be like me; do not snatch at your specials. Execution is fundamental. I lost a match earlier because I couldn't do a QCB. I've been playing this game for a long time now. I should be able to do those.

FFS.

This is an excellent thing to say.

I am tired and I'm going for little evening nap, but I shall be online for tonight's red wine lobby, oh yes. Also, I had a man beat my Akuma with his rubbish Cammy, all the while giving me abuse, til the point I laughed so loud and hard down the mic I think I shattered his eardrum. I then got called a faggot so I came onto him a little.

Street Fighter!

Every story like this should end with:

Street Fighter

Like the 'Roadhouse' episode of Family Guy.

Props to Uzi, imp and alistarr for the games; sorry I had to dash early. Amazing scenes tonight - I didn't know I could cancel so many Seismic Hammers... :lol:

EDIT: oh and I mentioned it briefly whilst online, but I spent a while in training before the lobbies, discovering the wonders of Ibuki's F+MK short hoppy kick; with the right timing and distance it can clear a fireball without putting the player in dragon-punch range, so I might work on that for a while; it's already proven quite effective in some random matches... :D

i too am sorry i had to run stop fierce, i mean dash. i was trying to say "don't start the next game because i'm going to leave and it will kick you all back to the lobby when i do anyway" but you know what it's like trying to say actual words when so much exciting stuff is happening. in the end i don't think i bothered saying much of anything intelligible.

i feel like i should go back to my "best day ever post" and edit in a picture from our lobby, but i don't want to ruin the balance, so let this post stand as evidence that the lobbying made the whole thing way way betterer than was already the case.

taken shortly before impy and uzy and qazy arrived to ruin my day:

DSC00317.jpg

also, i fully intend to make my own random select spinny thing out of card and a crayon to replace the ? button after seeing uzi get chun li three times in a row and imp get seth three times in a row (and me get fuerte like six or seven times, though i obviously wasn't complaining - i won't go into details but let's just say i fully expect to see increased traffic on the srk fuerte forums following my displays last night).

i was hoping to reappear in the lobby like dhalsim after my brief foray into the outside world but when i got back it was close to midnight and i didn't want to risk you guys seeing my mad skillz turn back into a pumpkin. i hope you all had muchos fun for the rest of the night :-)

oh, and

Street Fighter

21 wins. Wow.

I'm still yet to get 10 in a row in either ranked or endless battle. It appears C To Shining C has granted you gdlk powers. Nice.

I had to dash just as Natey Pops appeared online for lobbying last night. Played a Cammy last night who fished for and caught counter hits like an expert angler. It was fucking annoying but very impressive. Think they were using cl.mp slightly delayed in the middle of blockstrings while I was mashing crouch tech like a loon, caught me every time. Despite my annoyance I felt compelled to send a v. nice message afterwards. Finished off my evening with a win over johnnyhallsworth's Abel with my ghetto Ryu. I believe people on here have previous with this chap? Thought I could hear mic complaints coming through my telly but I'm not sure. It's possible though considering I threw him about 10 times in total, which would certainly make me utter a cuss word or two.

Pavement Brawler

Alistarr I probably owe you an apology. I was v. drunk last night at the point we started playing and I got a hell of a lot drunker. I've woken up to a bona fide Fear & Loathing scene, scanning my front room and wondering what in god's name happened here. Why was half my headset in my bed? Why do I have two opened, full cans of beer sitting on the coffee table, right next to a pint glass two-thirds full of Captain Morgan? Why is my xbox horizontal, why is the TV sat on a ranked match 'you lose' screen and why oh why is the piece of fabric that covers my telly-stand, fabric that the TV physically stands on, now thrown over a door on the other side of the room? Why the shit do I have candles lit? Terrible things happened here. I don't even remember the last thing I remember. A Seth mirror? I dunno.

GGs.

3 wins. 16 losses. :lol:

Not my finest hour but as Jason so rightly pointed out, baiting him into fireball FADC anti air ultra meant I went to bed satisfied with my evening's work.

I had 2 wins the whole lobby I think :lol: I can't deal with any sort of pressure when playing Cody and I was messing up basic combos the whole night. I think I'll try and build on Fei Long again. I'm so much better with Honda, but thats because Honda takes fuck all skill to play in Super. You just have to hit someone a few times and turtle. I don't want to be a LAMER 4 LYFE. So will work on changing it up.

Thanks so much to imp for taking time out of my salty rant about random (deserved though- since launch random select has done nothing but DISSAPOINT ME) and giving me some training time. Really appreciated.

Apologies to Qazi and Alistarr for witnessing Evil Uzi- totally srs- when using Dan I refused to taunt in any way or form because I had declared war on random select for being so cruel to me.

Not my finest hour but as Jason so rightly pointed out, baiting him into fireball FADC anti air ultra meant I went to bed satisfied with my evening's work.

That was absolutely delicious. Cheers for the games.

Akuma is really a mystery to me. I seem to be doing very well against people who play the game in a sensible manner, but on ranked, I'm just bleeding points all over the shop. So many matches end before they've begun, or are cruelly snatched from me as I back off them when they've only a tiny bit of health left so as not to push my luck. I think I'm probably just showing the general ranked populous too much respect. Need more ridiculously unsafe demon flip shenanigans I think. I always do well when I've got the knockdown... Also, I'm so shit at teching these days. It's almost like crouch teching doesn't work on people just mashing throw at random times!

Alistarr I probably owe you an apology. I was v. drunk last night at the point we started playing and I got a hell of a lot drunker. I've woke up to a bona fide Fear & Loathing scene, scanning my front room and wondering what in god's name happened here. Why was half my headset in my bed? Why do I have two opened, full cans of beer sitting on the coffee table, right next to a pint glass two-thirds full of Captain Morgan? Why is my xbox horizontal, why is the TV sat on a ranked match 'you lose' screen and why oh why is the piece of fabric that covers my telly-stand, fabric the that TV physically stands on, now thrown over a door on the other side of the room? Why the shit do I have candles lit? Terrible things happened here. I don't even remember the last thing I remember. A Seth mirror? I dunno.

GGs.

ha! excellent stuff. just to add more mystery i'll say that you were fully coherent when you and i started playing, and some excellent games were had (and a great deal of enjoyable and informative street fighter discussion), and then by the time you left nobody knew whether you'd left on purpose or kind of just stumbled off into the darkness by mistake. for about ten minutes your mic was just making muffled "microphone being moved around" sounds and you didn't play any of your games, and then you reappeared for a moment, said some stuff nobody quite caught (we assumed because of the audio quality), and that was it.

in all seriousness though i would change my locks if i were you because it sounds like joffocakes snuck in while you were sleeping.

I'm running a complete blank at my end. Evidently at some point during the evening my brain decided to just get the hell out of there and come back in the morning to survey the damage.

I've found an email reply in my inbox from some completely random Etsy seller. It appears that at some point last night I sent her a question, expressing interest in one of her home-made women's fitted sweaters and asking her opinion on how stupid it would look worn by, and I quote, "someone who pisses standing up". I have no recollection of this.

Oh dear.

EDIT:

9f2bz.jpg

That's right. My message's subject title was 'Uncertainty abounds'.

Jesus.

He is on 19 wins now. How does the whole BP work in arcade - do people log in or something?

A chip, implanted under the wrist. Also handy for measuring salt levels.

It's a card system - one buys a card for 500Yen, and you choose one character to link to it. From then on it will track your stats every time you use it. If you link that with a mobile phone email address you can then use your points earnt to unlock costumes and have your name appear when you fight. Some times you will see NO NAME fighting - they will be people without a monthly phone contract and therefore unable to access all that jazz.

p.s. I played my first ever game of SFIV in that arcade they're streaming from, who wants to touch me?