IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners here 2011

Indy @ S.E.

Is the PS3 region free for dvds? I did a quick search and found some people saying it does and others not. I would have guessed not personally though I know the games aren't region locked. I have a fat original 60gig ps3 with backwards compatibility if that makes a difference.

From the person who did the ITV player:

They're both web based so you don't need the update just bookmark them.

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/ps3

I think 4oD is http://ps3.channel4.com

Oh just links to the browser then. Still, as long as they maintain the website OK then fine. I'll also bookmark them just for completeness' sake.

Is the PS3 region free for dvds? I did a quick search and found some people saying it does and others not. I would have guessed not personally though I know the games aren't region locked. I have a fat original 60gig ps3 with backwards compatibility if that makes a difference.

No, it's not region-free for DVDs. It adheres to the region of the disc just like any other DVD player.

Anyone else getting a prob with 4OD?

After a minute or two of playing, it stops, saying 'not enough memory'. I had this happen on the only other occasion I tried 4OD through the browser a few months ago.

I can watch iplayer and YouTube without any probs.

I don't watch anything on ITV at the best of times, so suppose unfair to comment on content. Navigation felt a little clunky though.

Was gutted at the lack of content on 4oD though, bas hoping for the full back catalogue like the main site.

I don't watch anything on ITV at the best of times, so suppose unfair to comment on content. Navigation felt a little clunky though.

Was gutted at the lack of content on 4oD though, bas hoping for the full back catalogue like the main site.

Indeed. I'd been saving the last episode of The Inbetweeners and the the new series of Peep Show for this, and there's nary a sign of them. Very poor.

I turned my ps3 on the other day (for the first time in months) and the picture was flickering on and off and displaying static, now it's displaying nothing at all. Does this sound consistent with any known fault?

imYodcv9pnIeBtNEx0UTc2VQ==.jpg

I turned my ps3 on the other day (for the first time in months) and the picture was flickering on and off and displaying static, now it's displaying nothing at all. Does this sound consistent with any known fault?

I had a video display problem with my Xbox but haven't heard of anything with the PS3. Is it under warranty? As a massively long shot, hoover out the fans :unsure: .

I had a video display problem with my Xbox but haven't heard of anything with the PS3. Is it under warranty? As a massively long shot, hoover out the fans :unsure: .

Upon closer inspection it seems to be something temperamental with the hdmi sockets on ma telly. :(

yes. your TV is fucked

Looks like you're right, aye. And with only 2 weeks left on the 3 year warranty as well! Both good and bad news.

I'm just watching the John Pilger documentary on iTV player now. Pretty decent quality, the audio went out of sync for a while though. Will no doubt be the last time I watch it though but that's just because there is usually nothing but shite on ITV. Quite surprised it had a decent documentary on it actually.