IGNORED

3DS launch apathy

Major Britten

Yeah, I guess it must have been pretty hard to realize unique feature of the 3DS was glasses free 3D, sorry to be so cryptic about that. Looks like you've also solved the puzzle about a ~50x power increase being more than a "slight" power increase. As for your last paragraph above, dont try to play martyr--thats what you get for saying I'm taking something up my ass because I hold the opinion that the concept of the 3DS is neat. Further / farther, who gives a shit? Get off your condescending soap box. You're done? Good. Now you can give yourself a big hug and pat on the back, because you are so smart.

Liquid Myth is playing up, leave her to it.

Cheers :) Links to my most extensive posts on that game here, here and here.

Ridge Racer 3DS may be my sole reason to buy a 3DS at launch day. It's that good, unrivaled as a 3D racing game (so far).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvrhcX22ASI

I got my 3DS this morning. It's ridge racer I found had the problems with the 3D. When set to maximum the image will often split into 2 particularly on the driver ID badges over the cars. If you turn down the 3D just a fraction the problem goes away. Street fighter is good but they need to clear the playscreen of all the menu clutter as much as possible as it's a bit too busy to see what's going on on the smaller screen. The non animated background characters are a non issue as they are just 2D cutouts and not models, even animating them wont make it look better.

Nintendogs works well, but it's not something I'll play much. The AR card games are fun and have potential but really so far all they do it use the background the card is on to make a transformable texture map.

Overall it's a good console but I think you'll get used to the 3D quickly and not notice it as I did. Then all you have is a more powerful DS at a high price.

What's the deal with Ridge Racer 3D praise then? It looks like a crappy mobile phone game, like something you buy on the Android marketplace by mistake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvILc4Zygk

Real Racing 2:

£5.99

30 licensed cars

16 player online multiplayer

£5.99

Achievements etc

Vehicle Damage!

£5.99

More than twice the resolution of 3DS

Actually quite good

£5.99

Patented 'doesn't give you a headache' formula

What's the deal with Ridge Racer 3D praise then? It looks like a crappy mobile phone game, like something you buy on the Android marketplace by mistake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTvILc4Zygk

He's a Racing game fan, was given an early preview copy (That always makes you feel special) and It's a competent Ridge racer game but.... It's just like the PSP games as in it's another remake of all the tracks again. As a Ridge Racer fan I'm happy with it, but it's not the second coming.

Eh, Real Racing works extremely well. It's like a wheel.

Ridge Racer is kind of different though isn't it, you just tap the handbrake for a moment and then the car magically spins on an axis around the corner if I remember correctly.

Real Racing 2:

£5.99

30 licensed cars

16 player online multiplayer

£5.99

Achievements etc

Vehicle Damage!

£5.99

More than twice the resolution of 3DS

Actually quite good

£5.99

Patented 'doesn't give you a headache' formula

Real Racing is an uncontrollable mess of a game fawned over by folks because it looks nice...

It plays well, you guys must be terrible at it. I mean you just steer left and right, it's not exactly hard.

I've just thought, we'll probably get a nice version of Motorstorm for the NGP, won't we. Whoop.

yay - version 3 of an average racer.

ExciteTruck on the 3DS - now you're talkin'

yay - version 3 of an average racer.

ExciteTruck on the 3DS - now you're talkin'

:lol:

:omg:

It must be weird being a gigantic fanboy of something and feeling the need to defend it with crazy statements of the kind we hear from Scott every day.

I'm playing devil's advocate with Real Racing. It's alright.

bet you've never played it - crackin' racer it is.

Or maybe we'll finally get Excitebike?

Or a new 1080

or F-Zero

or waverace

all games with a few versions out and all better than motorstorm

AND THEY ALL JUST HAPPEN TO BE NINTENDO FIRST PARTY TITLES RIGHT SCOTT? :sherlock:

(I'm speaking in capitals to try and get through your thick skull)

We should get Rushy in here so Scott can debate Waverace 64 vs Motorstorm 3.

My entire apathy towards the 3DS is due to scottcr.

He actively makes me want to hate Nintendo with all my soul.

More than Jedward or the Redknapps? (forgive me if I spelt that incorrectly but I couldn't bring myself to Google it)

They should do augmented reality racing games where you play them whilst actually driving, attached to the dashboard like a sat-nav.