The Miniatures and Scale model appreciation thread

JoeK

On 10/11/2022 at 20:55, Stoppy2000 said:

Been slowly painting the new HeroQuest set... got about 70% of it done now. My first real miniature painting effort so I've been getting better as I go along (or my eyesight has started to fail!)

Screenshot_20221110-205135.png

Screenshot_20221110-205108.png

Oh do shush with this unnecessary modesty.

These are genuinely excellent.

You should be proud.

17 minutes ago, Aluco said:

Oh do shush with this unnecessary modesty.

These are genuinely excellent.

You should be proud.

Thanks! I am quite proud of them but I see some stuff on here that blows my efforts away. Hoping I'll get there eventually. Got 3 HeroQuest expansions to paint after I'm done with the base set. 

On 12/11/2022 at 00:31, Stoppy2000 said:

Only managed one of the player characters so far - he's probably the easiest one to paint...

Screenshot_20221112-002946.thumb.png.65b5734df0ecec754f62761e574214c6.png

Those all look great. Nothing better than a boardgame with painted minis! 

3 minutes ago, Kzo said:

Those all look great. Nothing better than a boardgame with painted minis! 

Thanks - yeah I had the original game as a kid but never even considered painting it. Now I'm playing this with my son and we are both loving it. Got plenty left to paint!

This is taking on a life of its own. The colours are taken from a mongoose, but it's kind of hard to believe it when you see what's happening! 

spriggwip1.thumb.jpg.27bbf327e5c7943e255ec1bc574e41b6.jpg

I am enjoying my painting again though. Making sure I do something every day has brought me back from the lethargy I was in for the last few months. 

55 minutes ago, Nicky said:

lovely work @iwan_canobi

Thanks, really happy how it turned out. I’ve added some more fibre optics on the front since I took those photos so it looks better now! The LEDs are animated also - 

Look forward to seeing your Bandai Falcon, that kit looks really nice! I cant image the amount of fibre you’ve put in there, got any progress pics? The Revell kit is pretty poor in terms of accuracy, it’s way too thick. Will probably build a Bandai perfect grade at some point but for now I have a passable Falcon shaped object. :) 

EDIT:

This thread is incredible, some of the detail work is mind blowing! I always build big so I can hide my mistakes with washes and blending, but some of the work here is amazing! 

My falcon is mostly built now. Well,,, when i say built, its in a bunch of giant assemblies awaiting more orders of fiber. When i get to my desk later, i'll grab a picture of where the cockpit is at. the interior is all painted, but ive still got another 100m or so of fiber optic to plumb into the overhead arch of the cockpit. i then need to get them all fully positioned and glued. its quite the nightmare. even mounted C3P0 in the back seat and drilled out the back of his head for 2 holes to run 0.25mm fiber to light his eyes up.

On 03/12/2022 at 20:13, iwan_canobi said:

Wow, that will be amazing! What size is C3PO to actually be able to run fibre into? Can’t wait to see that!

well the kit is 1/72 so its stupid small

20221205_133215.jpg

this pic with all the fiber so far (still loads left to rout around where my thumb is holding it) the two fibers that are running far left of the image are the ones for his eyes.

20221205_133221.jpg