The Miniatures and Scale model appreciation thread

JoeK

Looks awesome mate.  Getting a serious Dark Souls feel from it.... and i just realised DS probably stands for Dark Souls :D I was thinking Dungeon Saga.  Great work anyway.

I made a start on this second Infinity TAG.  This one comes froma  faction which is kinda jungly, so he gets some green.  

18268406_10154332190092047_7757916499796

7 hours ago, Mikes said:

Looks awesome mate.  Getting a serious Dark Souls feel from it.... and i just realised DS probably stands for Dark Souls :D I was thinking Dungeon Saga.  Great work anyway.

I made a start on this second Infinity TAG.  This one comes froma  faction which is kinda jungly, so he gets some green.  

18268406_10154332190092047_7757916499796

Haha yes they are from the Dark Souls board game :)

That Infinity model is great, looking forward to seeing some more shots of it when it's finished.

Life has kind of gotten in the way but here's a few I've managed to 'finish' 

I'm not delighted with the grobbits but scared of cocking them up if I do more to them 

Very good And. All of the components are cleanly defined which is one of the main objectives of painting, unless you're John Blanche (who's on instagram btw and posting great looking stuff).

I'm painting another set of the Dark Avengers, my favourite marvel models. Shame to sell them but I've got an old dog and an old car.

34522857346_dceb1c5c93_c.jpg

Battle bunnies!

This little gem is hitting retail later this month / next month.  I had to miss the KS due to it happening just before Christmas, but I've had a close look at the minis and they're awesome.  Can't wait to get my hands on them.

8b84714cc10536567e798e481b604fc7_origina

I'm tempted to get a crate or two as I'd quite like to take photos of my models in a setting rather than against a plain grey background. If only I hadn't spent a load of money recently buying materials to make my own scenery.

I'm good for fantasy scatter, but I jumped on a mate's pledge to get the sci fi stuff.  Great for Infinity objectives.

Speaking of,  thoughts and opinions, please.

I was planning on making this Cutter in a kinda Varuna scheme like the ORC dossier. I started on the shoulder pads but I'm unsure what (or even if) or where I should anything else to make it more Varuna-y.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

18489668_10154356895662047_8165212044976

18485377_10154356895692047_6173338563629

18451731_10154356896682047_3473550981973

Edit:  I am aware the Cutter basically has a fox head on its shoudler now.

Had another game of Infinity last night at my flgs, against the same guy who tabled me by turn two last time.  And I'm glad to report I survived until the end of turn three before being wiped out this time.

Two mistakes from me basically assured me defeat in my first turn.  The first was an honest one, I forgot that a particular model was a repeater (a node a hacker could attack though) and walked by big stompy and, more to the point, hackable robot right up to him.  The second was me walking one dude with a big gun out in the open in front of his won dudes with bigger guns.  I honestly have no idea why I did that.  I'm think I may still have been reeling from losing the big stompy (and now hacked) robot.  But from there on it was down hill.

Still, fun was had, and I don't want to detract from the fact he placed well.

For my part I took a list I saw played on a youtube channel where he one convincingly with it.  I didn't really like the list, as it invest almost half the points in two models.  But live and learn.  I now now I don't think  type of play.

IMG_20170517_180501_zpsnmewrfx9.jpg

My chances of ever playing with my toy soldiers has decreased with my walking dead set no longer in my possession to help pay for various unplanned expenses. I still have the marvel dudes which didn't sell since no one wants well painted out of print models at a reasonable price. 

So I'm thinking that I should focus on a good looking but easy and quick painting style for a cheap gaming standard that might be an easier sell. To that end I'm painting the remaining of my infinity collection to test out ideas. The models are about as complex as they get so if I can paint these within the time limit I should be good to go.

These were the first two I painted this morning. 

33883344914_f2df51a907_c.jpg

33883340864_3e674554d3_c.jpg

8 hours ago, Cocky said:

So I'm thinking that I should focus on a good looking but easy and quick painting style for a cheap gaming standard that might be an easier sell. To that end I'm painting the remaining of my infinity collection to test out ideas. The models are about as complex as they get so if I can paint these within the time limit I should be good to go.

These were the first two I painted this morning

In a morning? How? Do you bend time? 

that would take me a month! and still be rubbish!