IGNORED

Resident Evil: Retribution - New 2 Minute Trailer - Post #141

Goose

Very little known apart from Milla returning -

Resident Evil 5 Release Date Set

Source: ComingSoon.net

March 4, 2011

Sony's Screen Gems has set a release date for Resident Evil 5. The fifth installment, again starring Milla Jovovich, will hit theaters on September 14, 2012. The last three films in the franchise were all released in September as well.

The fourth film, Resident Evil: Afterlife, was released in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D theaters on September 10, 2010 and earned $296.2 million at the worldwide box office.

We expect Paul W.S. Anderson will be involved again, though in which capacity is unknown right now.

Afterlife was atrocious, and this is from someone who actually didn't mind the first three. It reminded me of that episode of Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, where they realised they hadn't filmed enough so had to put every scene without dialogue in slo-mo. Seriously, there must be half hour worth of film in it stretched out to 90 minutes.

Afterlife was atrocious, and this is from someone who actually didn't mind the first three. It reminded me of that episode of Garth Marenghi's Dark Place, where they realised they hadn't filmed enough so had to put every scene without dialogue in slo-mo. Seriously, there must be half hour worth of film in it stretched out to 90 minutes.

Afterlife was much better than the shitty third film. although thats not saying much i guess....

this review say otherwise.

I hope they go on a killing rampage in an African village full of peasant villagers who have been infected with a deadly virus.

One of them needs to be a sexy white woman who is frantically blacked-up at the last minute to contend with allegations of racism. You know, like the game.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a prequel!

Bloody-Disgusting has now learned that the fifth "Resident Evil" movie will actually be a prequel which will take the franchise back to its roots. The site also got its hands on the film's logo, which reveals that the title of the new movie is "Resident Evil: Begins." Check out the logo below.

The prequel will be set in 1998, before the events of the first film. Sienna Guillor (pictured), who has already confirmed that she's returning to play Jill Valentine, will play the main character. Alice (Milla Jovovich) will still be in the movie, but will not be the main focus.

The story follows Valentine as she finds herself in the midst of the major viral outbreak caused by Umbrella corporation. The prequel is set to hit conventional and 3D theaters on September 14th, 2012.

post-242-063629800 1301820419_thumb.jpg

Huh, seems odd to move onto a prequel when they went to the trouble of going with a cliffhanger ending in Afterlife. Unless they are setting up the sequel to Afterlife by giving Jill some much needed character development.

Having Alice in the film in a limited capacity makes me think she might be bookending the film, with Jill perhaps telling her of her involvement via flashback. Perhaps it'll open with the team some how escaping that cliffhanger and rescuing Jill in the process, who then tells her story.

Are we assuming that the 1998 outbreak was/is Racoon City?