IGNORED

Rocksmith

Bojangle

From what I understand if you already have a copy on any of the platforms this will come down as a free update, which is nice.

The improvements they've made sound pretty good too, so looking forward to giving them a go. This might give me the kick up the arse I need to actually getting round to re downloading all my DLC, as I still haven't done it after upgrading to the Xbone version when it was on sale months ago.

This thread bump prompted me to try this for the first time in at least a year earlier. Still finding it quite difficult to play loudly enough to get it to pick the notes up, just like last time I tried.

I'd also like to know how the customs work these days as I did a rebuild since I last played. Is it still a simple matter of dll file in the rocksmith directory and grabbing CDLC off that forum?

I tried the remaster this morning. It's still utterly unplayable on PS4 due to lag. It's absolutely horrible.

Good point about the custom version and the remastered. It can't possibly still work right?

This isn't a shameless plug ,but if you go to my website I remember putting some simple instructions plus download links about half way down the page.

My website

With regards to the PS4 is that because you are running the sound through HDMI? I find on the Xbone there is slight audio lag as opposed to the 360 which I find undetectable, even through I run both through optical and set them to stereo. It's still perfectly playable on the bone like that to be fair though.

12 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

With regards to the PS4 is that because you are running the sound through HDMI? I find on the Xbone there is slight audio lag as opposed to the 360 which I find undetectable, even through I run both through optical and set them to stereo. It's still perfectly playable on the bone like that to be fair though.

Are you running your Xbox One through an amp or just through your TV? I find there to be far too much lag from the Xbox One to the TV using optical. I have to use my 360 - which has the tiniest bit of lag when played in stereo though a sound bar - but more than playable. I would love to just move over the the Xbox One version though.

21 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Are you running your Xbox One through an amp or just through your TV? I find there to be far too much lag from the Xbox One to the TV using optical. I have to use my 360 - which has the tiniest bit of lag when played in stereo though a sound bar - but more than playable. I would love to just move over the the Xbox One version though.

Through an amp. I also go into the audio settings and set the output to stereo, and then set it to direct stereo on my amp. It's annoying as that is essentially the same settings as on the 360 but there is a detectable amount of lag, not so much when you are playing along, but it's possible to detect on the menu screens if you pick around.

I still play this on the xbox 360 and the latency is barely there if you can use an analog stereo cable instead of a digital cable like HDMI/optical.  It also helps if you turn all processing off if you're using an av amp, so if you have a 'source direct' mode for example, you should always use that.

• 2 weeks later...

Customs are working again so I decided to try and get back into this. However, I am getting echoing clicks when I play a note that only stop when I mute the strings. Tried adjusting latency and the audio engine number in settings but nothing seems to shift it. Ideas?

• 2 months later...

I've just bought the PC version of this so currently experimenting with custom songs.  Very impressed so far, so this may be the version for me going forward.  I'm running into a few issues with instrument volume on some of the custom tracks (bass way too loud on Tool stuff for example) but I've already sussed out how to edit the volumes using the song creator toolkit so I can tweak that stuff myself.

The only sticking point at the moment is latency.  I have a soundcard in my pc and my motherboard has onboard sound too.  I've read that soundcards can cause more latency so I'm going to try the onboard sound later to see if it helps at all.  I'll also be trying Mentazm's low latency tip!

Random thoughts:

- Latency sorted, analogue cable from pc to amp did the trick, along with some .ini file tweaks.  It's better than it ever was on xbox 360 now, sounds like playing through an amp.

- God, PDA by Interpol is proper fun to play on bass.  I've never understood why that song hasn't been official dlc.

- Really hoping dlc/RS1 go on sale tomorrow, I need to start building my collection back up.

I feel like I'm just shouting into the void here, but has anyone had issues with the PC version crashing regularly when going back to the song selection menu?  It happens to me once every 3 or 4 songs at the moment, which is pretty annoying.

I'm drawing a bit of a blank googling the issue so thought I'd ask.

Not had that issue personally but it might be down to the injector for the custom songs?

Some custom dlc is bugged also. Overall the quality of the custom stuff is very very sporadic.

one thing I thought I might pass on is that if you have an iOS device and the USB lightning  adapter the rock smith cable makes a convenient way for you to use iOS amp sims :)

Since posting my question I've found something that may be related; could be I'm just pushing my pc a bit too hard and dialing back the graphics may help.  Will try later.

However, I've just seen the response from Mentazm so the answer might be to temporarily remove all customs, then start to put them back in a few at a time.

The custom quality is indeed a bit all over the place.  The main issue I'm finding so far isn't to do with the charts though, they seem good.  It's more instrument volume; I think some people prefer to have their bass (I haven't tried guitar yet) much louder than me in relation to the track.  I like to be in with the music, not sitting on top of it.  I have also found the same problem with official dlc though, so in part might be related to the fact I have an active bass.

With regards to your own volume you can turn that down in options. Or is the issue it varies randomly between songs?

I'm on xbone (360 originally) and I always had the opposite issue with playing bass in that it was totally swamped by the track. I found myself turning the track volume down just so I could hear anything I was playing. However I always play finger style on a non active bass.

I've just bought this in the Steam sale - the 2014 version - on the basis that I should be getting a new electric guitar for Christmas and it'd be good to be able to play it.  My son's also getting one, so thought if I didn't get on with it at least he could play.

QQ - should I also get the original version in the sale and export the songs? Is it worth it or will the songs in the 2014 version do me for a while? I might pick up a couple of the packs in the sale too...

Anything else I need to know?  I've ordered a cable from Amazon...

23 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

With regards to your own volume you can turn that down in options. Or is the issue it varies randomly between songs?

I'm on xbone (360 originally) and I always had the opposite issue with playing bass in that it was totally swamped by the track. I found myself turning the track volume down just so I could hear anything I was playing. However I always play finger style on a non active bass.

It's the varying randomly between songs issue, I know I can adjust it but I can't be arsed going into the menus between songs.  Maybe it is the fact that my bass is active then?  Stingrays are famously loud and aggressive!  

Turning volume on my bass down doesn't really help as it just makes the game register fewer notes.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

This is a bit wise from the dead, but I had tried this in 2012 and got awful lag on a plasma and hdmi connection. Trying today on a LED + Display port cable and no problems at all - and its amazing! The auto adjusting difficulty is lovely, the songs are great and as soon as I reached the for the 'flip notation' option it was there - great design.

Anyone else still playing?