Neo retro:Unofficial remakes and new games with a retro look/feel

If old school arcade adventures are more your scene check out A Space for the Unbound:Prologue, a demo / proof of concept for the upcoming game.

Just look at that pixel art! 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1201280/A_Space_For_The_Unbound__Prologue/

ASFTU_Ronda.gif?t=1595665029

Prologue chapter of A Space For The Unbound, an upcoming slice-of-life adventure game with beautiful pixelart set in the late 90s rural Indonesia that tells a story about overcoming anxiety, depression, and the relationship between a boy and a girl with supernatural powers

And yes. You can pat the cats.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe I haven't mentioned this. Whenever I feel the need for an arcade racer and I can't cget to the Switch for a round of Outrun this game is my next pick.

Those Gouraud shaded cars! The Barry Leitch soundtrack. It's got the "feel" of the old Lotus games on the Amiga. They're still updating it now with new tracks and seasons.

And for something that was almost a disappointment Pang Adventures. The main game suffers from the same issues as Juanito Arcade Mayhem. Fussy levels that rely on certain tricks to defeat them.

And then I found Panic Mode which is classic Pang remade with everything turned up. Worth it for this mode.

8 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Can't believe I haven't mentioned this. Whenever I feel the need for an arcade racer and I can't cget to the Switch for a round of Outrun this game is my next pick.

Those Gouraud shaded cars! The Barry Leitch soundtrack. It's got the "feel" of the old Lotus games on the Amiga. They're still updating it now with new tracks and seasons.

If you didn't know, this is almost totally an HD remake of Top Gear 2 for the snes. Right down to the music choices, voice bubbles from the cars and boost mechanics.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, redballoon said:

We released a playable demo of our upcoming Atic Atac/Knight Lore inspired game, "Melkhior's Mansion" at the weekend, there...would anyone mind if I put the link up to download the PC demo?

OgBLzH.png

My friend is obsessed with the demo for this.

I absolutely LOVE the game "I am Level" for the iPad, iPhone and Android.  Written by Stuart Hetherington, sadly no longer with us, it's a Spectrum 128 game in graphics and sound but with pinball gameplay and tilt controls. That may not sound great but trust me, it's really brilliantly designed and very good. It's on the app stores.  Also on Windows but I don't know how the tilt works 

https://chicknstu.itch.io/i-am-level

Trailer 

56 minutes ago, simms said:

This looks absolutely great.  Are you looking at putting this on Steam sorry if its been already mentioned somewhere.

Thanks! 
Maybe not this game - it’s going to be given away for free on current platforms; PC, Spectrum Next and Spectrum 128K and we’re seeing if we can get it on Android and iOS. Any sequels wouldn’t be free, though - yip, we’re even considering a sequel! Madness! - so Steam is something we could look at then.