IGNORED

Resident Evil Revival Selection

Sergeant Squid

Played up to the end of the village. From what I have seen this is the definitive version to get. The lighting, fog are all intact - worries about missing effects don't seem justified. Im not sure what people were expecting, but this is gamecube resi in hd, some dodgy textures included - which is what I was after.

So this isn't 1600msp? (it's 1840msp)

While 240msp extra isn't a lot to ask for what is easily one of the best games of the last gen, it is pretty annoying that they couldn't even release them at the price point they themselves mentioned.

Oh well, being the RE whore that I am, I've bought it. Not happy though. (who am I kidding? I'll be jumping around like a giddy schoolgirl when I boot it up. :lol::unsure: )

Ugh! After all the fuss, turns out the visuals are just fine, its the controls that are a mess. Seriously, trying to aim with the same stick as I move with is just mental. Was the GC version really like this? Memory is worse than I thought.

Going to take some serious getting used to after years of dual stick move/look. Although, that's the problem, right stick is look and then suddenly when you aim if switches to left. Crazy Capcom.

It's a shame that it's not a proper remake but I honestly dont believe that Eurogamer reviewer has actually played the Wii/GC version of Resi 4 for a few years because I don't see how anyone could objectively say this looks worse. Some parts of it do look aged now (the leaf textures all over the ground are horrid), and it could do with a bit of AA but right now this is the only version of the game which is going to look even remotely acceptable on a HDTV. You could call it rewarding laziness but I'm more concerned about having a copy of one of the best games ever made that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Shame there is no demo for this. I've got the Wii version, which I was happy with after playing the GC version, but I've just got a new HD TV to hook it up to. My Wii looks fine on there, but I've not fired up RE4 yet. Would like to be able to compare tbh. Guess I'll have a go later on the Wii and see if I am happy with the way it looks.

No matter what you do the Wii mostly looks like pump on a big HD TV. There's exceptions (Metroid, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Super Mario Galaxy being the ones that spring to mind) but Resident Evil 4 isn't one of them. Whether that's justification to dump £15 on yet ANOTHER copy of the game I don't know.

The village section still sends me into a panic to this day, despite playing it countless times before and most recently on the higher difficulty. Going to the window to push the ladder down only to hear the chainsaw behind me, gasp, panic and turn around, only to be decapitated was still as shocking as the first time it happened. That minute or two after you go through the front door and he slides the bookcase across is just perfect.

Such an intense and unexpectedly hard start to the game.

Then I came to my senses and stopped having fun because the graphics aren't as good as Gears of War 3.