New Star Soccer 5 (PC/Mac/iOS/Android/Flash)

If you take a moment pregame to check the strips, you can hit the arrows between them to cycle through more combos. I like to think of it as choosing the special money-spinning third kit, though I'm not sure Hayes really have one.

Aha! Nice one. The game is now perfect! ;)

How about a record of what you've achieved over your career, like cup and league title wins? Could do a little trophy cabinet to show them off or just have a stats screen.

A little trophie cabinet would be awesome if only to show ff to your friends, followed by shouts of "Get it up ye!" :quote:

Had a bit of a strange glitch last night, one of the icons for the NRG drinks disappeared, so had a white box instead of the graphic. Was annoying but a restart sorted it.

If I could add anything to this, it would be a referee and tackles. Getting carded could have all sorts of repurcussions on your position in the team, with your manager, but maybe make your fame increase... but perhaps lose you a sponsor... :)

Decided to wind my career down after ten years, so I dropped back to the Conference North in an attempt to win the Premier League with Halifax. Scored 116 goals in my first season, with my useless team not contributing many on top of that. Passing is pretty hard given how bloody slow my team is now, do they sort of level up as you rise through the leagues? Hope so or it's going to get really tricky.

I got this for iOS two weeks ago and played it pretty solidly, easily worth the 69p, made me feel like a bit of a legend.

Had a couple of difficult transfers where I just wasn't performing for the teams but quickly transferred out. Only played for four seasons and my only WTF moment was in my first (and final) season with Arsenal, I had scored more goals than I had appearances, performances were up and down but had a right few 8-10s, eventually pipped City to the title and yet twice they accepted an offer for me from a Conference North side who offered me more money than Arsenal. Bloody Wenger :D

Was also surprised in my season with Leyton Orient that I let my fan relationship get too low and when I got the ball the jeering made me lose it before I good do anything; it was nice to see those systems have effect. Also meant I left Orient quickly, fickle fans needs to support me I'd only been playing two seasons and needed time to adjust from my years in the NI Prem. Showed them.

But yeah really enjoyed it. Some more play-types (tackling, dribbling, positioning) might give it a little more depth, I enjoyed my few seasons but I felt like I was getting less from it (next i would have been maxing my pace, vision and free kick stats, which you can only afford to do a little a week without gambling so it felt a bit grinding) so I deleted it to avoid temptation. It'd be nice if the game maybe threw a skill test equivalent scenario into a game and gave you the opportunity to demonstrate it there, I didn't like the play-relationship-skill-NRG cycle after a while...

But in the future I could see me downloading it again for a week...

... and yet twice they accepted an offer for me from a Conference North side who offered me more money than Arsenal. Bloody Wenger :D

This happened to me at Arsenal too, one January I had to reject GUISEL three times because they kept coming back. They're still trying to buy me three seasons later.

Just knocked in 139 goals this season to take the conference (and the fa cup, 6-2 vs spurs!), and I've still also got Guiseley after me fairly regularly but how any team can afford my crippling salary of 68 match fee and 13 per goal is beyond me :lol:

Still very addicted to this, and enjoying it. Finding climbing the leagues with Weston Super Mare to be very easy, though. But, no matter, cos it's fun doing so. I'm going to pause my paly though, and wait for the internationals to be added in the next version, so I can finish my career by winning absolutely everything in one season, before I do finally get bored with the game.

Fab little game, but I think once I've "done it all", I won't feel a need to replay. Not a problem at all though, am happy having had my money's worth, and will be looking out for the next game.

Oh i thought the Internationals had been added... could have sworn I read that a few pages back.

I started in the Conf Nth with Eastwood Town, did alright I suppose but was homesick and so moved back daaan south to Eastbourne Borough. Stayed with them and finished tenth by the end of the season. The following season we were riding high, but then I was sold on to Darlington in the January. They were offering me much more money so I went... and found myself in a relagation dog-fight!

We scraoed through with multiple losses and a few wins to stay in the league. But the fans didn't like me, and neither did the boss after my crippling negotiations. I had the pick of League 2 and so went with my childhood team of Bristol Rovers.

First season we were in fourth all year, until the final ten games I lost six on the trot and dropped out of the playoffs. By the end of the season I'd made a name for myself and the big guns were calling, but I was indebted to Rovers and stuck with them. Next season we won League and had a semi-final appearance against Arsenal. Times, they were a changing for Rovers.

In our first season in League One i thought we were doomed, but a majestic run at the tail end saw us reach the playoffs, where we won 6-2 in the Final against Sheff Utd.

The Championship was similar, we struggled to start with but as the season progressed picked up speed. Beat Derby in the semi-final playoff and Ipswich in the final to realise our dream and enter the sacred land of the Premiership.

Am halfway through the season now and sitting pretty in 2nd place, with Man Utd above us and Spurs below! Hopefully we'll at least qualify for the Champions League... and maybe even wiin the premiership. All thanks to their Star Man! :)

**** Good game! Would buy again! ****

I just completed 13/13 passes for my beloved Arsenal and didn't unlock the 10 pass cheev, also had the manager moaning at me in the headlines for not shooting more - tough game, in real life if I were Xavi I'd be held in high esteem for that performance.

I just completed 13/13 passes for my beloved Arsenal and didn't unlock the 10 pass cheev, also had the manager moaning at me in the headlines for not shooting more - tough game, in real life if I were Xavi I'd be held in high esteem for that performance.

You need to get exactly 10 for it to unlock I found.

Version 1.1 has been delayed unfortunately. Some bugs cropped up with Europa fixtures so I need to fix that before re-submitting. This has coincided with becoming a new dad, so it will be a week at least before it sees the light of day.

The 10 pass achievement bug will also be fixed.

I hope your son/daughter goes on to have a promising career in football, regularly hitting 120 goals in a season wherever they go, and causing clubs the world over to forget their finances and offer them ludicrous amounts of bux.

Congratulations, dude.

I keep trying to do nice through balls, and failing obviously. That would be a nice feature.

Edit : I'm not sure what achievements you get for winning trophies and such, but I was bought by a team languishing at the bottom of the table. In the end I avoided relegation by the skin of my teeth. I was delighted, but the club and fans etc gave no reaction. It would have been nice just to get a mention.

It'd be nice if your teammates weren't utterly useless at shooting. 99 times out of 100 they shoot it straight at the keeper.

I like to think that if I give them the right pass, that is to say that the angle is perfect and I've forced them to move away from the defender into space, that they are more likely to score.

But I'm probably talking bollocks.

My strikers have definitely gotten better as I have progressed. I've also learnt when to pass and when to bypass with a shot...

Anyone tried the high socre mode on this? I've had a couple of goes, my high score is 16

Ok, I had two goes at the arcade mode and got 12, then 18.

Starting over in arcade mode each time will bore me quickly, though. maybe you could start at "round" 5, 10, 15 if you've got passed them before? Or does that make it too easy to progress because, essentially, you get more time to hone your skills on the harder "rounds"?

It'd be nice if your teammates weren't utterly useless at shooting. 99 times out of 100 they shoot it straight at the keeper.

I usually end up with 20 or so assists a season, I reckon as long as you're making the pass when they're in the right sort of space they score 1 in 4 at worst (that's in and around the conference) so generally you're better off taking it on yourself.