Gigs 2011

milko

Later this month I've the Japan Benefit with Squarepusher, LFO and Fuck Buttons at Kentish Town Forum.

May's got Sufjan Stevens in the Royal Festival Hall, Fucked Up at Village Underground

June has Low at the Barbican, Mono at Koko and Battles at Heaven.

Looking forward to that lot. Anyone got lots of fun stuff coming up?

Can't decide if I want to see Beirut in Brixton Academy. On my list of bands I like a lot but have not yet seen. Usually sold out before I get sorted. But not sure that venue will suit at all. Hmm.

I'm off to Sufjan Stevens too, I'm expecting great things. Other than Ryoji Ikeda at the Barbican and Battles at the ICA later this month, my two most anticipated gigs are Shangaan Electro and Congotronics vs Rockers in June and July respectively. Field Day is shaping up very nicely this year too.

Very tempted by the Mono show. Shame it's not at a seated venue like the RFH or the Barbican though.

Take That in June in Manchester and the Foo Fighters in July at the MK Bowl.

I'm looking forward to the latter infinitely more than than the former, while my wife is the complete opposite (actually worried about her at the Foo Fighters gig, but it's such an awesome venue and they have a great rep as a live band I couldn't resist).

Had a great gig a few day ago with Children Of Bodom- with great support by Amon Amarth, Ensiferum and Machinae Supremacy (Who I'd been waiting about 4 years to see live!)

Might go to the Katatonia gig in London too, where they're playing Last Fair Deal Gone Down in it's entirety.

I'm going to all 3 nights of the Suede gigs in Brixton next month, am so excited.

In June i'm going to Glee Live at the O2, July is Pulp at Hyde Park.

What i'm looking forward to most of all is a weekend in November. Friday the 11th I'm flying to Dublin for a Sisters of Mercy 30th anniverdary gig, back to London Saturday for my birthday party then KMFDM on the Sunday. :D :D :D Amazing weekend and managed to sort of the terrible confilct as SoM were playing the same night in London.

A few :omg: :OMG: :omg: needed. :D

Atomic Bitchwax on the 27th

Then in May, Lamb, Blackstar w/De La Soul & Rakim, Explosions in the Sky, Narrows, Earthtone 9 w/The Ocean

August – Underworld

June or July ( I forget now) Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree is doing a drum workshop I'd like to check out, Unsane, Benicassim (oh yeah, that's July), Godflesh w/Goatsnake

And breathe…

I saw The Hold Steady in Glasgow in February, and they were amazing. One of the best nights of my life.

I've made a pact with a friend here in Aberdeen to see more live music so we're starting with Tuesday's Johnny Foreigner gig. Hoping it's good.

Trail of Dead, Brixton Windmill next Wednesday. Only 89 others in the audience, man I can't wait.

Oh man, you lucky fucker. Wish I was there.

Saw Trail of Dead last night in Manchester - as when I saw them before they were super-super awesome! Their new bass player's the coolest mother.

Also saw Kyuss last week and am seeing QOTSA in a few. Then Pulp in July.

Keeping my eyes peeled for a local Blues Explosion gig too, as they've been doing the odd show again recently.

My gig agenda at present is:

1. Fishbone, end of the month, Brighton

2. Mulatu, mid May, Brighton

3. Lee Perry & Max Romeo with Adrian Sherwood, mid May, Brighton

4. I'll Be Your Mirror (for CoFlow, DOOM, PJ Harvey & Portishead)

Cant wait for shit to kick off at Fishbone. Been a long time since seeing a proper wild show. Feel lucky to have the Brighton Festival putting on a guaranteed event gig or two every year.

How on earth did you get tickets for this?!?!? :wacko:

Heard about it the night before; at 0830 started working out which pages I'd need open and which sites logged in, at about five to nine started with the refresh button and at approx 9am sharp did the business! Booyah.

Can't decide if I want to see Beirut in Brixton Academy. On my list of bands I like a lot but have not yet seen. Usually sold out before I get sorted. But not sure that venue will suit at all. Hmm.

Not sure if there are still any tickets left for Beirut but you should definitely go if so. Brixton should be fine; they're so good live that I don't think the venue will detract. Unfortunately I have to take a trip to Scotland that weekend, so will miss the show.

Got A Hawk And A Hacksaw at XOYO on Wednesday night, as well as Sufjan and Suede next month. Then we're off to Primavera Sound in Barcelona which is shaping up to be all kinds of awesome. Also got a trip booked to New York in early July, so we're keeping an eye on the listings to see if anything interesting comes up - last time we got lucky with Final Fantasy supporting Beirut (plus various members of Arcade Fire) at the Bowery Ballroom. Considering the End Of The Road festival too.

I thought this was quite a quiet year but it doesn't seem that way when I write it down.

I've just come away from the March Levellers & The Wonder Stuff Tour. Went to Glasgow Newcastle Brum and London.

For nostalgia's sake the Spin Doctors are playing in Leamington Spa in May, so i'll go to that.

Im going to see Kid British with some youngsters in May as well.

I was going to do Milton Keynes Bowl, but then I remembered that the first 6000 or so are the only ones that can get near the front -_- ( you have to get a wristband at Milton Keynes by arriving at 7am o'clock and queueing.)

so im going to see the Foo Fighters in Paris instead! :bye:

Not sure if there are still any tickets left for Beirut but you should definitely go if so. Brixton should be fine; they're so good live that I don't think the venue will detract. Unfortunately I have to take a trip to Scotland that weekend, so will miss the show.

Got A Hawk And A Hacksaw at XOYO on Wednesday night, as well as Sufjan and Suede next month. Then we're off to Primavera Sound in Barcelona which is shaping up to be all kinds of awesome.

Cheers, got Beirut booked just now then. I'd be jealous of Hawk and a Hacksaw if it wasn't clashing with my tiny Trail of Dead gig.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wearing my jealous face here elmo. Come back and tell us about it tomorrow would you? Whenever I've seen Queens they've not played enough from self titled, which is easily my favourite album.

As for gigging by yourself, sure it's cool - just go get lost in the music.

Glade, Field Day and ATP Jeff Magnum in December so I've got the big things booked. Just need to look for some little things.

I'm pretty gutted I missed explosions in the sky tickets.

Earthtone9 is next, this Sunday.

Godflesh/Goatsnake 16 June

After that, probably Benicassim in July.

Then Underworld on 27 August. Gigs seem to be bit thin on the ground. Oh fuck the ATP with PJ Harvey/Portishead/Grinderman/GSY!BE/Caribou, whenever that is.

Glade, Field Day and ATP Jeff Magnum in December so I've got the big things booked. Just need to look for some little things.

I'm pretty gutted I missed explosions in the sky tickets.

Explosions are playing at Brixton early next year, can send you a link to the presale if you're interested.

I worked out earlier I've been to 8 gigs in 10 days, with another two later this week :wacko: