FIFA 12

Bleeders

Enjoying it immensely. The clubs are a bit clumsy at the mo as pros as so poor and everyone is learning the game, but if the servers can keep up then I'll be happy.

The friendlies against friends that keep tally is a nice touch. Not tried UT yet, but I suspect it's much the same as last time.

It's not great, unfortunatly. The controls seem convoluted, there's just too much you have to do in order to control the team as you want.

I think you're overcomplicating it.

Contain in the midfield and beyond.

Combine that with some jockying in the final third, using square when the timing is right.

Bring in another playing with R1 when a real pisstaker of an opposition player gets the ball.

It does require a lot of concentration and good timing, admittedly, and when those aren't in sync, I tend to pay the price.

Popped into Gamestation today and had a lot more money on my gift-card and reward card than I though, so the game only cost me £3.22 (Yay me)

Anyway, played a game online and was soundly beaten... However. I did like the control and even though it will take a while to adjust, I liked the defending. It will rule out casual games I think, but if you have the time and patience to learn what does what, then it is a much better method than the old ways.

Will play some more later, but so far I am impressed.

Popped into Gamestation today and had a lot more money on my gift-card and reward card than I though, so the game only cost me £3.22 (Yay me)

Anyway, played a game online and was soundly beaten... However. I did like the control and even though it will take a while to adjust, I liked the defending. It will rule out casual games I think, but if you have the time and patience to learn what does what, then it is a much better method than the old ways.

Will play some more later, but so far I am impressed.

I will send you a invite to the Fifa branch Rllmuk Wings if you want mate.

I just played a game on professional and whilst it was reasonably enjoyable there are some shocking bugs. To be expected from EA though I guess.

I know there are the odd collisions and stuff but more worrying was the fact that I could "contain" a CPU player all the way back to his pen area from the half way line before he'd boot it behind for a corner. Very odd, and happened a few times.

Yeah that can be annoying, just shepparding the player backwards the length of the pitch :lol:

That said, better than FIFA 10 and 11 thus far.

Offer stands, if you are around this way give me a shout :)

i can't see why they won't let you play with legacy buttons against like-minded people, i'm sure theres a way somehow? maybe in the lobbies section or player match (i don't have it, just guessing)

is game doing any trade-in deals or anything on this, or is it a case of waiting a week or so?

You can use legacy defending for custom matches, well you could in the preview. For head to head seasons is the new system only.

As someone else said previously in the thread, it's like playing twister with your fingers at times. I think I'll customise the controls to make it easier. Maybe put contain on the old press button and likewise with team mate contain, though I want the standing tackle as a face button. I'll have a play later, playing the CPU bores me to death though so I guess I'll try different layouts online :-/

Brad, does this mean you'll be returning to the BAP scene? It's not really been the same since you and Meerman left.

Maybe, will need to see when we get back from hockey practice on a Thursday (My four year old plays) and see if I can make it on.

i can't see why they won't let you play with legacy buttons against like-minded people, i'm sure theres a way somehow? maybe in the lobbies section or player match (i don't have it, just guessing)

is game doing any trade-in deals or anything on this, or is it a case of waiting a week or so?

Only trade in deal I am aware of is FIFA 12 for £1.99 when you trade in F1 2011 at HMV.

rllmiukleaguebanner.gif

Just a heads up that the football league is moving over to FIFA 12 in the next month or so (well, duh).

We have two ongoing leagues that anyone is welcome to join. There are a few rules here and there, but nothing too drastic.

We've been going since 2004, so have quite a slick operation in place.

Click on the logo above to view the website and bask in the concentrated history of many shattered dreams and glorious achievements.

To get involved, take a look at the info and stick your name down:

Just a repost since the game is now out ;)