UK Games Expo

jonnyalpha

Going all 3 days again, anyone got any recommendations for must-try games this year? Will be in the lookout for the Century: Eastern Wonders and a couple of others, but it’d be good to know what are considered the potential games of the show this year.

7 minutes ago, Sureshot said:

Going all 3 days again, anyone got any recommendations for must-try games this year? Will be in the lookout for the Century: Eastern Wonders and a couple of others, but it’d be good to know what are considered the potential games of the show this year.

The really big new games tend to save themselves for Essen or Gen Con, but I've been putting together a couple of lists of games I've heard about and would like to get a chance to play if possible:

New games:

Renegade

Century: Eastern Wonders

Dice Hospital

The Mind

Azul

Ethnos

Not-so-new games:

When I Dream

Roll Player

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong

Flamme Rogue

First Class

Fabled Fruit

La Granja: No Siesta

Cry Havoc

I don't really know how many of them I'll see on display from their publishers, if previous years are anything to go by I'll probably be more interested in the things I've not heard of rather than anything I specifically want to try.

On 24/05/2018 at 02:49, michael said:

Thanks for the mention for Holding On! I hope you enjoy it :D

No problem, just need to make sure I get a slot. Should have a volunteer pass this year, so can be there outside usual hours.

Are you in the UKGamesExpo discord chat? Just mentioned it there and loads of people want to see what it is.

For those of you heading to the Expo I'm looking to shift a couple of things on:

Ascension: Immortal Heroes £10

Matcha (neat little bluffing game): £3

Kinder Bunnies: £3

Let me know if interested. Will chop all of them in for £14. Only going on Friday though!

I also plan to sell some stuff at the bring and buy:

Abluxxen £5

Banjooli Xeet £5

Belfort £20

The Builders: Antiquity £5

Card of the Dead £5

Glen More £15

Hanabi £5

Jackal & High £5

Mai-Star £5

Mythotopia £10

Neuroshima Hex! (version 3.0 includes Mississippi and Uranopolis army packs) £20

No Thanks! £5

Patchwork £10

Pick-a-Polar Bear £5

Rent a Hero £5

Star Wars: Imperial Assault (including Chewbacca, Han Solo, Rebel Troopers, Rebel Saboteurs, IG-88 and Royal Guard Champion character packs) £50

Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Twin Shadows (including Kayn Somos and Boba Fett character packs) £25

Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Return to Hoth (including Leia Organa, Echo Base Troopers, Dengar and General Sorin character packs) £40

The Staufer Dynasty £20

Sushi Go! (Zoch Verlag edition) £5

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization £10

Ulm £15

I'm going to be there Friday, Saturday and some of Sunday (probably leaving lunch time).

Hello lovlies.

Roll Player sold

Thunderstone job lot for sale. No splits, reasonable offers considered.

Thunderstone Base Set
Thunderstone Dragonspire
Thunderstone Wrath of the Elements 
Thunderstone Doomgate Legion 
Thunderstone Thornwood Siege

Some of the boxes have got shelf damage and a couple of dings but the cards are in good condition. The dividers in the base set box were a little bent because they don't fit with the lid on, but they've straightened out. The actual cards are fine. I've checked the contents and every card is present and accounted for.

£120.

BT is preferred on both, both collect at the expo Friday AM 

Maps

Event/Seminar Schedule that you can build you're own reminders/alerts 

Easy list of every stand.

Newspeak "trailer" and stuff

It's not revolutionary or owt, but solid for a nice freebie.

I might have a go at the Bring & Buy this year, got a few things to offload. If anyone feels like making me an offer to pick up any of the below before Saturday then feel free. Will I have to queue for ages to check stuff in on Saturday morning if I've registered everything online?

Schotten Totten

Arboretum

...and then, we held hands

Welcome to the Dungeon

Hengist

And fucking, fuckity fucksticks!

I'd just put all of my sale items into the Bring & Buy section on the webpage. All 50 of the bloody things, added up my potential loot and was feeling pretty pleased until I navigated back to the Bring and Buy list on my customer page and they had all vanished.

Is the system glitchy or did I miss something obvious? I'm going to have to enter everything again and don't want to repeat the mistake.

2 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

I'm not sure you can check stuff out on Saturday - think it's Sunday only if last year is anything to go by.

Anyway, PMd!

I only went on Saturday last year, and was able to check stuff in and out without any problems  

1 hour ago, strawdonkey said:

Thanks, I stand corrected :)

It looks like it's changed. Last year, you couldn't take them out until the tail end of Saturday at the earliest. Checking the site, this year you check them out from 1pm onwards each day.

12 hours ago, Padster said:

I might have a go at the Bring & Buy this year, got a few things to offload. If anyone feels like making me an offer to pick up any of the below before Saturday then feel free. Will I have to queue for ages to check stuff in on Saturday morning if I've registered everything online?

Schotten Totten

Arboretum

...and then, we held hands

Welcome to the Dungeon

Hengist

Is that the English language version of Arboretum? I have the German version, which doesn’t matter as it’s language independent,  but it would be nice to have the names of the trees in English! £10?

I haven’t been for a couple of years but previously I’ve queued for almost an hour to get stuff in the bring and buy in the morning. This time as I’m there all weekend I’m just going to put it all in Friday afternoon and avoid the queues.

Also, for the 7 wonder duel tournament, I assume they provide copies to play with? Or do we need to bring our own?

8 hours ago, SimonC said:

Is that the English language version of Arboretum? I have the German version, which doesn’t matter as it’s language independent,  but it would be nice to have the names of the trees in English! £10?

I haven’t been for a couple of years but previously I’ve queued for almost an hour to get stuff in the bring and buy in the morning. This time as I’m there all weekend I’m just going to put it all in Friday afternoon and avoid the queues.

Also, for the 7 wonder duel tournament, I assume they provide copies to play with? Or do we need to bring our own?

German version I'm afraid :(

And yes, they do provide copies to play with for the 7WD tournament! We brought our own last year as we weren't sure.

Just randomly spotted the back of my head (bald patch and all) playing Barenpark last year on the Expo website front page :omg:

Note in particular the "ah, bless her" expression of the woman on the right, watching my 12-year-old daughter quietly getting ready to thrash us all.

Capture.PNG

45 minutes ago, Padster said:

German version I'm afraid :(

And yes, they do provide copies to play with for the 7WD tournament! We brought our own last year as we weren't sure.

Ah ok. Never mind then. And thanks for confirming the tournament situation. I’ve managed to play 7WD once in the past few weeks so I’m feeling somewhat under prepared! Should be fun regardless though.