Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

The Sarge

v4bWx.jpg

xRsYF.jpg

V5fVL.jpg

You've heard the rumors; now get the facts. Ezio's final chapter will bring the answers that fans have been waiting four years to uncover.

The June issue of Game Informer is on its way, and Assassin's Creed Revelations will grace the cover. Our exclusive, first look, 12-page cover story reveals extensive details on the franchise's next major installment, due out this November.

You'll learn how each of the franchise's major characters -- Altaïr, Ezio, and Desmond -- play a part in the story, and how you'll control each of the three as playable characters. Uncover a brand new part of the world as Ezio travels abroad for the first time to explore the wonders of Constantinople at the height of the Ottoman Empire. Learn about all the new features that set Revelations apart, from a brand new weapon and tool that changes the way you'll fight and traverse the world, to extensive details on the newly customizable multiplayer game. And what exactly is going on with Desmond after the end of Brotherhood? Of course, we also have a wealth of new screens and art to accompany all the information. We unveil all this and more in our magazine cover story, and we'll have more in-depth information, interviews, and videos about the game's central features here on gameinformer.com throughout the month.

Teasers

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/teaser-assassins-creed/713440

It looks as though Ubisoft has possibly leaked the name of the next Assassin’s Creed game on Facebook, when a flash screen titled Assassin’s Creed: Revelations briefly popped before being taken down.

While the “oops” has since been removed from Facebook, NeoGAF was quick as can be with the old print-screen button on the keyboard, and has posted the shots.

According to GAF, a Flash file containing the logo and Altaïr’s name in Arabic script popped up, and a post on the page states for folks to click the link to help reveal an “exclusive look at the upcoming Assassin’s Creed game.” According to GAF, the Flash files are still present on Ubisoft’s server.

Ubisoft said previously that the next Assassin’s Creed game was to be revealed in May, so it’s possible that someone just pushed the button a bit too soon on the old Facebook.

The next game in the series is expected to be released during the company’s FY2012.

Ubisoft announced its E3 press conference for June 6 yesterday, so after the initial reveal in May, expect the presser to be Assassin’s Creed-centirc.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/29/rumor-assassins-creedrevelations-leaked-by-mistake/

Seems this was going to be next months GI cover game.

:)

Was never a fan of Altair, prefer them to stick to Ezio for as long as possible.

They gave Altair more character with the codex in AC2. With what they've learned since then, they'd be able to breathe life into the character.

But wildly speculating that Altair will be the main character just because of that tidbit of information is pretty stupid. He may just feature like he did in AC2, as a brief cameo and otherwise in writings left behind.

In any case, it may be too late, but I really hope ubisoft don't whore this out and ruin it with yearly releases call of duty style.

In any case, it may be too late, but I really hope ubisoft don't whore this out and ruin it with yearly releases call of duty style.

Well, as long as they keep improving the quality, I don't mind. The team working on it is absolutely massive, over 500 people I think, so resources won't be the problem.

Well, as long as they keep improving the quality, I don't mind. The team working on it is absolutely massive, over 500 people I think, so resources won't be the problem.

They have to keep it fresh though. They can't go on using the same time period, settings and the same game engine. And the only way they can do yearly titles is to keep the same setting and engine, unless they really are godly.

I wish they were making this with the PC in mind so they could massively improve the graphics and game engine.

Might as well start laying out our hopes and predictions. I want more life breathed into the cities. I want civilians to do incredibly complicated things, I want a lot of buildings to be explorable and just add extra layers of immersion to the game. Less copy pasted civilians. I want guards to be less stupid. I also want the setting to be Victorian London, or France in the revolution.

Well, the teaser would suggest Greece as a location by virtue of the Phaistos Disc, and presumably you play as Altair again; the hidden blade comes through the fist, which makes sense for him as he's missing a finger whilst Ezio splays his digits when unsheathed.

Of course this might not even be a console game, although I suspect it'll be Altair's Brotherhood, as it were, with Assassin's Creed 3 — and a new ancestor to play as — arriving in 2012.

It's a teaser of a teaser which teases an announcement of the announcement of the announcement trailer which will lead into the official reveal trailer. At E3.

Fuck me! And I thought Kojima was bad for this sort of thing. ;)

It's still a beautiful game but Brotherhood made me think that the Assassin's Creed series would benefit massively from a new generation of consoles. I don't know how much further they can push the engine on the current consoles.

It's still a beautiful game but Brotherhood made me think that the Assassin's Creed series would benefit massively from a new generation of consoles. I don't know how much further they can push the engine on the current consoles.

Agreed and Ubisoft agree as well based on their recent comments.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-11-ubisoft-wants-new-console-gen

I think the most we can expect are spin offs with Ass Creed 3 possibly not releasing until the next gen of consoles.

Not to do a Morrius but having played the console and PC versions of all the AC games to completion, I feel the AC games really benefit from smoother framerates and crisper textures, much more so than most games do. It really does the animation and world-building craft justice. There's a nagging muddiness and creakiness to the current-gen console versions. I think Sarge is probably right, more spinoffs and a wait until next-gen for AC3.

I disagree, AC3 will be released on this generation of consoles and be the end of Desmond's story.

The engine is very creaky, it's true, but I'm sure they could optimise it a fair bit. Brotherhood was more or less made in a year so wouldn't have offered much of a chance to rework things technically, although they did make several graphical additions whilst increasing the overall complexity of the world.

The ability to create a great looking game that also performs well on consoles is there, it's more a question of volition.