Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

The Sarge

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this video has been posted or not:

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2011/11/08/assassins-creed-revelations/

(disclosure - I get a few pence if you watch that, but I can't find a way of embedding it or viewing it any other way)

Really hyped for this now I've just finished AC2, and have Brotherhood incoming. SOrt of wish the first game hadn't left me quite so meh, or I wouldn't be 3 years behind everyone else.

Still, cheap gaming, innit.

The ACR thread on NeoGAF.

I have literally no idea what to say.

What the actual fuck

Don't know if this video has been posted or not:

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2011/11/08/assassins-creed-revelations/

(disclosure - I get a few pence if you watch that, but I can't find a way of embedding it or viewing it any other way)

Really hyped for this now I've just finished AC2, and have Brotherhood incoming. SOrt of wish the first game hadn't left me quite so meh, or I wouldn't be 3 years behind everyone else.

Still, cheap gaming, innit.

Welcome to the club! Have fun with Brotherhood :)

We're going to have to have words with the sarge.

I wish I had the time to put something like together. It really is quite impressive, but the free time I have doesn't really allow for me to do something as comprehensive and detailed as that.

It's only going to get worse next week as we're moving, so I'll be off the forum until we're settled, which could be a good few weeks. :(

I would if the cunts at Ubi hadn't cancelled my order a few hours ago, for seemingly no reason, after charging me.

For some reason my order of the Animus edition has vanished from the Ubisoft store. Very odd.

I sent them an email earlier and they just replied, apparently it's just waiting to be posted now. Doesn't explain why it's not listed in my orders though.

Edit: It's been sent, thursday midday.

With all the talk of this having tower defence missions and first person perspective levels, I'm getting a bit worried that this is going to be a collection of half-baked ideas thrown in for the sake of it rather than a few strong ones forming a cohesive whole :(

The Historical Inaccuracies of Assassin's Creed

Four reasons you might not want to cite the Assassin's series in your next term paper.
Then again, this entire scenario is awesome, so I'm prepared to cut it an awful lot of slack, even though we're dipping into "historically accurate giant enemy crab" territory. There's still no way to account for James Bond's belt-buckle grappling hook or a bad guy with an orbital solar powered laser cannon (even now, much less in the 60s.) But if you think about the repercussions of this for half a second, you start wondering why every other guard Ezio loots has ammunition for his anachronistic handgun, long before the invention of cartridges, percussion caps, or even rifled barrels. I don't care what kind of weird ideas the Templar conspiracy has, this is technology they could have used to have long since taken over the entire world, and they've been handing it out to their lowliest mooks on the streets of Rome. The fact that they're still not the unquestioned masters of all humanity is right up there with the Hopi inventing the wheel and using it for toys, or the Chinese figuring out gunpowder and making fireworks with it. There's precedence for this kind of oversight, but these guys are supposed to be scary because we're supposed to believe they know what they're doing.

Case in point: Explain why at the end of Assassin's Creed II the evil head honcho tries to halt your escape attempt by unleashing several waves of rent-a-cops wielding billy clubs. These jerks have apparently had absurdly advanced handguns for almost half a millennium and apparently they all just left them at home that day. The Templar conspiracy is pretty ridiculously convoluted in places and maybe not just shooting Desmond's ass is all part of their intricate plot, but you'd think at least one of the good guys would have wondered "Hey, why didn't anyone try shooting us in the face?" The only possible conclusions are that the conspiracy is just dumb as hell, or the Scooby Doo protagonists are.

Really? What did they change in the MP?

Haven't played the beta (only started playing ACB after the Revelations beta finished), so can't comment on how effective the following changes are...

For one, they've reversed the detection meter so you begin on silent (or discreet, can't remember) and you have to build upto incognito by remaining in line of sight of your target. I think this is a good idea in principle, but I have reservations about whether it'll really encourage people to stop running around like headless chickens (particularly on rooftops). Furthermore, I don't really see that as a problem: fact is good players can work their way into 1st place and dictate the pace of the game thereafter, which makes complaints about rooftop runners and the likes somewhat redundant.

Then there's honourable death, which awards players points if they stun their pursuer in the process of being killed. I'm sort of indifferent to this, since I tend to use stun in tandem with smoke bombs anyway. When I do attempt a naked stun, I'm perfectly fine with it not working out. Besides, I'm under the impression you can now stun anybody, including NPCs. Not sure how I feel about that, either.

Don't think I'll pick the game up till its a little cheaper, but I'm still looking forward to multi. ACB was the best multiplayer component of any game I've played since Halo 2, and so I'm hoping they've fixed stuff like parties and needlessly breaking up the community with version types.