Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

The Sarge

Also, why are the instructions so fucking shit? It tells you how to jump and run fair dos but fuck all else. Half arsed toss balls.

If you play any of the others you'd be asking the opposite. Those games never fucking stop popping up prompts and tooltips over the screen when you're playing it, even when you're 30 hours in and have stabbed like hundreds of dudes already thank you very much, game.

• 1 month later...

Can I just say Desmond sequences

!!! AAARGH !!!!!

I like them! About the only thing I HAVE enjoyed about the game, so far. Well, except multiplayer, and even that has its issues. Not so much in the gameplay department (although reversing the detection meter has made silent kills difficult, even for those who know how to play the game), but having picked up the DLC (got Ottoman Edition of Revelations for £15), I was pretty disappointed with how sparsely populated the DLC playlist is.

But yeah, single player feels like going through the motions. I think it more or less boils down to Constantinople not being anywhere near as intoxicating as Rome, but I dare say I'll have more to say about it once I actually get round to playing it again.

Also, everyone should play multiplayer - there really is nothing else like it.

If you play any of the others you'd be asking the opposite. Those games never fucking stop popping up prompts and tooltips over the screen when you're playing it, even when you're 30 hours in and have stabbed like hundreds of dudes already thank you very much, game.

One thing I do like about the game (at least from 2 iirc) is the way you can switch off a lot of the display. More games should have that as an option.

I like them! About the only thing I HAVE enjoyed about the game, so far. Well, except multiplayer, and even that has its issues. Not so much in the gameplay department (although reversing the detection meter has made silent kills difficult, even for those who know how to play the game), but having picked up the DLC (got Ottoman Edition of Revelations for £15), I was pretty disappointed with how sparsely populated the DLC playlist is.

But yeah, single player feels like going through the motions. I think it more or less boils down to Constantinople not being anywhere near as intoxicating as Rome, but I dare say I'll have more to say about it once I actually get round to playing it again.

Also, everyone should play multiplayer - there really is nothing else like it.

I ignored the multi-player I only play the AC games for the main campaigns, I enjoyed the back story in the Desmond sequences it was all the trippy jump, duck build block sections I hated.

One thing I do like about the game (at least from 2 iirc) is the way you can switch off a lot of the display. More games should have that as an option.

Except they've not designed the game around the HUD elements being switched off. You want stuff like the health bar and weapon select fading in/out at the right moments.

Actually, the instructions to the AC games are excellent - you just have to realise that they are in the game menus and not in the DVD case. There is a lot of detail covering all the different gameplay elements.

See I thought the ending was fantastic Moo, but I read the 'The Secret Crusade' book before playing it and that added so much context to everything that is going on, especially with Altair. If you fancy it then its well worth a read and really adds to the experience of Revelations.

I'll have to give that a read then. I didn't think the ending was bad, just a bit 'meh'. Maybe because I didn't enjoy this game as much as the previous ones.

Best part of this game was seeing the name Willy Wong pop up on the credits.

Its def worth picking up mate, some really great stuff in it and it adds a lot of flesh to Altair's story, which for me is the best thing about the game.

I agree Revelations wasnt as good as previous ones. They just dragged too much out of the Ezio character IMO and the game suffered as a result. They look set to make up for it with AC3 though. Last of the Mohican style battles and chases, amazing :)

• 3 years later...

Might as well start laying out our hopes and predictions. I want more life breathed into the cities. I want civilians to do incredibly complicated things, I want a lot of buildings to be explorable and just add extra layers of immersion to the game. Less copy pasted civilians. I want guards to be less stupid. I also want the setting to be Victorian London, or France in the revolution.

Good predictions!