rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
minkee

Recommend Me...

Hey guys - I know you lot are clever at this stuff. I want some kind of games that are good for a large gathering of 10-15 people. 80% of those people will be gamers, etc, the rest will be their better-but-less-well-versed-in-gaming halves. It could be a board game, but I don't know if there's too many people for that. I know my friend (who won't be present) used to play "Werewolves" at his uni; it could be something like that, with no board, but it would need to be fairly simplistic, without many rules to argue or fret over.

I don't know. But you might! What can you recommend me? :3

ps. this thread might be useful for others' specific requests too, who knows.

• Upvote 1

Pass the Bomb. The ticking bomb adds a good bit of tension as the timer is random and you can never quite be sure when it will go off. I'd actually go for the junior version as it means less thinking and more laughing.

• Upvote 1

That's a good idea! It's also reminded me of Aarghtect which I'm struggling to describe so go look it up on BGG. I'd link you up but i'm posting on my phone.

edit: Thanks Michael

• Upvote 1

This worked out wonderfully by the way, thank you for all the suggestions <3

Round 2: I'm having 3 people over to stay, making the total up to 5. Having played Munchkin with some success before, I'm tempted to buy that for myself, but are there any other suggestions? More caveats than just 5 people follow:

- When they go away again, I'd still like to be able to play it.

- I'd prefer that it could be a co-op game.

- It has to look cool, so everyone wants to play it from the get go.

- Our definition of cool is probably pretty geeky ;)

- (Apart from my little brother who is just genuinely cool, tssk).

- These aren't even caveats anymore, just useless facts.

Hi!

Pandemic is a great co-op game that can be played with just two, so you'd still be able to play it once your guests have gone. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the standard game can only accommodate four players so you'd have to pick up the 'On The Brink' expansion, which caters for up to five. I guess that would make it a fairly expensive proposition.

Just to add: if Pandemic does seem like your kind of thing, it seems that BoardGameGuru are doing both the original game and the expansion for £37.99. Still a significant outlay, but a lot better than the ~£50-odd you'd be paying elsewhere.

Thunderstone: Dragonspire. It's a deck builder that supports 1-5 players, relatively quick to pick up and is one of the better examples of the type of game it is.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/85897/thunderstone-dragonspire

That says 2-5 but I'm 99% sure it has single player rules in it,

Heh...I've just listened to something about that on Little Metal Dog Show 5 minutes ago.

Chris recommended Dragonspire but Daisy chipped in saying it was Wrath of the Elements. They didn't really clarify if it was both.

Thread from the past! Time for another recommendation :D

I want something that is:

- for 3 or 4 players (if we can play with 2, bonus, if not, nevermind)

- be CO-OP vs the game.

- have an actual board (ie. not just a card game)

the last part is just because I want the warm and fuzzy nostalgia of playing with an actual board and actual pieces on the board. Memories of Escape from Atlantis / Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs demand this.

Any good recommendations? :D A friend has the Elder Scrolls one and to be honest I'm not a HUGE fan... I don't think I've played any other co-op ones though.

TY much clever people

• Upvote 1

Any of the D&D modular system, i.e Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon or Legend of Drizzt? They are co-op down to two (there are even single player variants), it has tiles so creates a board?

Thanks guys :D I think I like the sound of Wrath of Ashardalon best.... the D&Dness makes it sound like 'epic adventure' rather than traversing a house (even if the house is on fire :P) and elves and vampires are lame. The others might be much better games for all I know, but the fantasy-ness of it sounds good. Should probably have some sort of ashamed smiley here for picking the game with a dragon on the box :x