rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
minkee

Recommend Me...

The Resistance is good. Easy to learn, games last about 30 mins, it's basically Werewolf, but with no power roles, but also no-one gets killed, which is pretty important if you're playing with a big group (eg it can be a bit boring in Werewolf if you get killed early doors). I think the max players is 10 for the vanilla set.

Dixit is a great party game, again it's v. quick to explain, max players is only 6 though IIRC. It's quite simple, but stretches the imagination part of your brain. Good for playing with "non-gamers".

On the Forbidden Island tip, Flash Point: Fire Rescue is a similar type of game (co-op, race against time), but has a bit more depth than Forbidden Island imo. It can also go wrong hilariously quickly, if you get very unlucky with rolls etc. NB- I'd suggest not playing with the fire hose character, as he makes it a bit too easy.

I finally got round to buying one of these - we got Forbidden Island (£15, who could resist) for my OH's birthday. Played some this morning and it has gone down a treat :D It's nice because the first few goes we were all thinking 'Uhh.. this seems REALLY easy' then all of a sudden you're flooded to oblivion. Nice balance.

Definitely will be investing in others in the future too, so thanks for all the recommendations

• Upvote 2