Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury

Timmo

9 is not as bad as L17 or whatever the level is with the Ant spawn hidden away in a Virgins crack.

It's easy enough to get to the end of L17 - although it seems you have to kill every single bloody thing on the way or the boss doesn't trigger - but can I kill the spawner? Can I fuck. Even with 5 levels of meter I only got it halfway down, and you can't stack up for a 4x shot either. It's a great level other than that!

Just discovered something I managed to miss. Next to the map will be an explosion or an arrow. The first means you must destroy everything, the second means only the marked targets need taking out.

Very nice of the game to bother explaining that anywhere!

It's easy enough to get to the end of L17 - although it seems you have to kill every single bloody thing on the way or the boss doesn't trigger - but can I kill the spawner? Can I fuck. Even with 5 levels of meter I only got it halfway down, and you can't stack up for a 4x shot either. It's a great level other than that!

Somewhat typically, next go I did it and with a top 13 time :lol:

The only one I'm stumped on so far is L20 - I've actually had to skip it, for shame :( I can just about get past the tanks, but then there's nothing left for the baseball bat wielding bastards that turn up after that. Still, took the world #1 time spot on L21 to make up for it :)

This game is brilliant. I'm @ level 28 now and love how the game slowly teaches you advance techniques. Dash, freeze, counter attack, double dash, freeze, ultra-counter. Rinse repeat. For me this is a perfect game where I can just dip in for a quick gaming sessions and do one level or if I have the time get sucked in for hours. If you're thinking about getting it or have never played a Bangi-o game. Get this right now you'll love it!

Any tips for L30? The one with at least a dozen massive sonic-the-hedgehog things in a few tiny corridors, nowhere to hide? I hate those bastards at the best of times, the level help is useless as well - pick them off one at a time!? Yeah, OK then.

Go right into the centre and to the right a little, you want them gravitating towards the middle right corridor. Let them all get close then charge up a counter and wait until as many as possible have opened out of their ball shape. Release and then escape down the middle right. If you do it right there should be one or two on the bottom corridor. Take them out one by one and it should be easy from there to split them into fighting them one at a time.

I got through it, it does seem more luck than judgement on how good a start you get though in that if you get a few stopping spinning at the same time you can take them out, if not you may as well start again. Not being able to view to 10 replays 'til you've actually completed the level is a total pain in the arse, certainly on some of the trickier ones it'd be useful to at least try work out your own strategy from it rather than banging your head against the wall for ages.

Ahhhh yeah! I might actually be able to go back and do L20 now then. You'd think after using the 'net for at least 15 years I might have an idea about how to work a simple search :facepalm:

Edit: Even worse, I just realised I'm at work right now implementing, testing, and generally working with ... a search engine :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Excuses? None whatsoever.

• 3 weeks later...

ok

What drugs were they on when they created this? I've never seen Game Over in 3 seconds on my first go on any game before ever. Except maybe Witcher 2.

I read through the How to Play though and started to get it, I think. But then I encountered Demo level 3. Sweet Jesus, what the frack?

And surely they didn't have this much shit flying around on a DC?

The near vertical learning curve does seem to put people off....

If you think you might like it, it's certainly worth sticking with. It's something of an evolution of the DC game and a lot more vicious.

I cleared the Fury missions earlier this week, but I am now completely stumped by Puzzle Stage 2. I collect the first object on the top right of the map, then I'm stuck. I keep thinking about it but just feel stupid! If anyone knows how to do it, please put me out of my misery xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Sad this thread is languishing down on page whatever.

I've picked this up again as I've had a few spare moments and fuck it's just beautiful. I'm number 2 in the world on Stage 7.

Stage 9 or whatever which is the long one that I was stuck on for AGES, I just had another crack to try and get higher on my friends leaderboard and scored like 30 in the world, and I know I can go better!

I'd rank this up there with Geometry Wars 2 for timelessness and 'pure' gaming.

I haven't even finished all the levels. Not sure where I'm up to but I've been having mega fun replaying the earlier ones and inching up the leaderboards.

Shame this makes my eyes go all red if I play it at night.

Surprised there aren't more people playing it. I guess it isn't that accessible, especially at first. And the demo was incredibly shit. But man, it's Treasure, and it's awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with this is that I completely let my momentum disappear. I played it to death for a few days completing all but a few levels near the end, and now when I go back to them I get battered. I may need to retrain myself by replaying earlier stages to get tuned in.

Can't believe how many levels you unlock upon finishing the main ones.

I still haven't finished it. Having too much fun battering the earlier levels. Will get round to it eventually!

Find that I can pick back up with this quicker than with for example Bayonetta. After a long layoff I need half an hour maybe and a coffee and I'm back up to speed.