Madden 12

sinky72

Played Madden for years, but always kind of blundered through games on lower difficulty without paying proper attention to how things are set-up. Like to manipulate hot routes but lacked the insight to read Ds, and therefore knowing what to do as a result. So, with that in mind, thanks to Ren and Pockets for taking the time to explain things even a bit above. Now I'm tempted to pick this up, even though I bought '11.

Buy it, best American football game since 2k5. I'm loving it and you know how much i hated 10 and 11

So Ren did you bother to pick up NCAA 12 this year? i got a copy myself although have yet to stick it in my PS3 due to lack of time.

The best thing i love about that return is the way GreenBay's FB John Kuhn stops him from hitting the floor once he's tackled. Top Play! + I'm a Bears Fan!

I've found playing on 'Pro' difficulty not that tough as I put up big numbers, yet the jump to 'All Pro' being quite a leap, since it seems whichever play I choose, the opposing team seem to be psychic and knows exactly what I want to. Be it a play-action/ draw/ slants whatever, my D-line jumps crumbles and I get destroyed.

Currently I'm using these sliders from here http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/503195-my-madden-12-sliders-prove-game-solid.html to be quite good. As I've had a few good games with them.

If you play on the PRO level use

Human= 65. CPU= 100.

Very slow speed. 100 threshold speed

If you play on ALL PRO level use

Human= 55. CPU=100

Slow speed. 100 threshold speed

If you play on ALL MADDEN level use

Human= 50 CPU= 100

Normal speed. 100 threshold speed

(If your beast at madden lower your pass blocking to 45)

* personally, I like the pro level

Auto strafe and auto sprint are "off" for the pro level only!

I have all the penalties at 55 Except roughing the passer. I have that at 54.

I have auto subs for LB's, DT, DE, RB at 80/85. Cb's , Wr and TE are at 70/75

Use thes subs with a fatigue of 75 and injuries at 35.

Bear in mind, these settings are for guys like my who get beasted on by All-Pro difficulty, and want a halfway house between Pro/ All-Pro. So far I've had some good games, where I was the Ravens Vs. the Steelers (this was before the weekends game) and I put up some good-ish numbers with Flacco (throwing 3 TD's/ 3 INT's and getting sacked 4 times) and getting about 250 yards. Plus I had Ray Rice running for the Ravens from Rutgers having a good day with 120 yds. I eventually beat them 35 to 14 and I thought "hang on a sec... The Ravens don't win against the Steelers..." oh how it was a portent of things to come...

With these sliders it feels decent enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you play Madden as just a management game? (Sorry, I know nowt about the series)

So, how is the franchise management in Madden? Deep? Can you skip playing the games and still get useful management feedback about how the game went?

Last American Football management game I played was Headcoach on the C64, and I'm looking for something to fill the void :)

Cheers will probably try these sliders, as like you have i All Pro above my limit and Pro to easy as i am now 9 & 3 with Denver in my first season.

What quarter lenght are you playing?

I usually go with 7 or 8 minute quarters, and I keep the runoff time at default, which I think is 20 seconds.

I forgot to mention that in dealing with plays, I usually go 60/40 in choosing my own attacking plays as I usually have a good idea of what schemes I want to go with Though lately been leaving it to 'gameplan' and working the play with what I'm given, though If I don't like the look I'll audiable out. For defense I usually go about 30/70 - 20/80 in favour of the CPU choosing my plays as I'm not too hot on that. I know some basics but when it comes to different blitz/ cover schemes, it just goes over my head. Though for 3rd and long I always go with Dime cover 3 man.

I've had some great games with these settings where both teams are having a shootout.

Then I've had others which were dour games where for the first 3 quarters both teams having a field goal going in the last 5 minutes of the 4th, then suddenly it comes alive with interceptions, fumbles and blown coverages.

As for playing Madden 12 strictly as a management sim, sorry I haven't really delved into franchise that much this time round.

Will give those sliders a go I think. Played two pre-season games on Pro with the Bears and been reasonably comfortable in both wins, getting good gains with Draw plays. Was beating the Titans 10-0 in my third pre-season but fell asleep (don't drink and Madden!)

Early days but really like this version, it just 'feels' that much better than recent years.

Draw plays if you run them correctly are ridiculously effective, it's kinda surprising how little you see them online. They're great if your OL is to shit for a power running game as it gives you the ball deeper so you have more space to work with and also freezes the OLB. Specially great online if you play against someone who play MLB as a couple of early draws will have the moving up when they see the formations you like to run them out of opening up a huge hole in the middle of the D for some crossing routes, the beauty of it is that crossing routes will back them up again for more draw plays 8)

Yup, I play as the Jets and Singleback - Doubles - HB Pump Draw is ludicrously effective, more so against the CPU but also in multi-player if the set up is right. Looks great too.

Love that play, right next to it in most playbooks that have it is a bobble screen that sets up exactly the same way

(Meant to say I/MLB in my previous post)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying this. Not got a hold of the passing game at all though, as playing with the Jets I have Sanchez on a completion rating of 20%. :ph34r:

Luckily I'm fairing far better with my running game and the defense has been awesome so far. I came out the pre-season 3-1, and currently sit 2-0 in the regular season. They've got Romo down to a tee though. He fumbled on a sack to give the ball in the red zone allowing me to score in the fourth quarter, and then on his very next drive he gave up an interception. :lol:

There are still a few bugs in the game, but nothing game breaking. Some daft ones though like the "second and seven" commentry bug just about everytime it's second and ten!

Biggest madden thread ever!

Glad to see someone else enjoying the game, using the sliders mentioned above have made all the difference to my game as I was either finding it too easy or too hard.

Now I'm winning most of my games but still lose a few and the ones I'm winning are close affairs. Still taking Denver to the playoffs though! :facepalm:

Not tried MUT.

I ended up taking to the practice field in Franchise mode to learn the Jets passing plays better. It's worked as I've noew got my completion percentage up from about 20% to closer to 60%. It had to happen after getting beat by a late Patriots field goal and then the shame of drawing 3-3 with the Dolphins! :facepalm:

Got thing back on track with a win over the Chargers. Now sitting 4-2-1. Need to get a streak going to try secure a play-off place. Next up a divisional game against the Bills, time to win a bloody divisional game.

Phins draw! Phins draw! PHINS DRAW! That could be as good as our season gets in real life or Madden.

Man, 3-3 must have been epic, love tight games like that.

If Madden is close to life expect a heartbreaking 9-7 loss to the Patriots tonight with a final 50 yard hail mary caught at the five yard line just as the clock counts down and you're out of time outs. :angry:

Ouch, close but no cigar.

Finally played third pre-season Vs Titans. Chris Johnson is a beast, but thankfully Matt Forte is useful too and ran in a hat-trick of TDs for a 21-10 win. Still need to learn defensive play-calling as tend to go with the 'Gameplay' or 'Ask Madden' options.

Think I'll complete pre-season (Vs the 3-0 Browns) and then go into regular using the sliders posted above.

• 2 weeks later...