IGNORED

RPL Wanderers

Well done guys, you may have scored a couple of 'Fifa goals' but your crosses were always dangerous and Hull reject Altidore was a handful up front.

It was nice to see Witty back in form too as I glad his horror season at City has been put behind him and it was good to see him back to his best.

Wanderers take the points from two close encounters.

bap_6.gifRPL Wanderers 3 - 1 RPL City bap_3.gif

#Pilot - A. Mack

#Mack - A. Pilot

#Dan - A. Tris

This game was very end to end, both teams could of had more goals, with City having more chances overall. In the end a mixture of taking chances and a bit of luck proved to be the difference.

Players MOTM

58.pngPilotwings

This guy is really proving himself as the utility player of the team, playing in midfield this week, giving a solid perfomance getting on the scoresheet, and setting one up. Everyone performed well, this is shown by pilot taking the award with two votes. Pilot has been outstanding for us this season, already playing in all three areas of the pitch, hope this form continues.

Good performers: i could list the whole team here, but i wanted to point out the great defensive work to keep city's goals down. Bungle gave one of his best perfomances in a Wanderers shirt over the two games, and Somethingwitty showed why he was brought in this season, he was solid for the whole game.

Awards

90.png Somethingwitty

58.png Pilotwings

51.png dan_tm

bap_3.gifRPL City 1 - 3 RPL Wanderers bap_6.gif

#Tris - A. Dan

#Mack - A. Tris

#Mack - A. Tris

We performed better as a team in the second game, especially getting our passes off before losing the ball, a deserved win that was sealed with a late goal.

Players MOTM

4.pngMackenie

Cheers for the award lads, once again we all could of had a piece of this, with me getting the award with two votes. Personally i would of given this to Tris, who gave me two easy headers for my goals. I did have three players on the pitch to control, and couldn't of done it without the rest of you.

Good performers: As above, Tris3d had a great game, settling in with his new attacking partners, he was involved in every goal, scoring one and setting two up. Buttons also had a very solid game, showing his quality as our midfield engine, helping out with attack and defence.

Awards

95.png Matthius

96.png sixbuttons

79.png tris3d

Running stats:

Outstanding DEF awards
----------------------
Witty : ##
Matthius : #
Rogue : #

Outstanding MID awards
----------------------
Buttons : ##
Mack : #
Pilot : #

Outstanding ATT awards
-----------------------
Dan : ##
Tris : #

Players MotM awards
---------------------
Mackenie : #
Pilotwings : #

Great performances tonight, lads.

The midfield made our lives a lot easier at the back with excellent cover, and the glory boys up front were in fine form. Shame we couldn't quite hold in for the second win, but 4 points and top of the table is not a bad night's work! :)

I didn't have much to do, except stand around and intercept passes. In the second game I almost headed the ball clear, but their attacker was much taller than my man and he subsequently scored.

I'm finding defending a lot harder in BAP, in 1v1 I use the LT+A thing which keeps your defender close to the attacker, letting go of A when they make a mistake. You can't seem to do it in BAP.

Heading is probably the toughest aspect to defending in BAP - as the game tends to favour the attacking team. Positioning is the main thing... but obviously if you're shorter & weaker than your opponent you're not going to win many headers. You'll get used it it the more games you play.... oh and btw... two great debut games tonight!

As for myself, always feels good to score against a former [favorite] team, particularly at the right end this time!!! Now I kinda know what Phil Neville feels like scoring against Utd. :lol:

Sorry Tobert! :hat:

Well played Wanderers. The US were beasts. Gutted I dropped first game but it was a struggle to keep the ball in second. Gonna be close at the top again this season. Who was playing as central attacker it was like playing against Elizabeth Lambert!

Gimme a U. Gimme an S. Gimme an A!

Quality stuff guys - we played some sexy football... the build up to the first goal in the second game was the stuff BAP dreams are made of - Think everyone had a touch at some point.

Great debut Stephen... good stuff.

Late goal takes the cherry off the cake, but Wanderers take themselves to the top of the table.

bap_6.gifRPL Wanderers 2 - 0 RPL Town bap_1.gif

#Pilot - A. Mack

#54MO - A. Mack

After last seasons 4 defeats to Town, and the chance of going top, we really wanted to come out and play well. We definatly did that, one of the best wanderers performances to date, 2-0 was least we deserves with 54MO handling Dans drop with a goal and an assist.

Players MOTM

88.png54MO

What can you say about this lad, missed the first two weeks and didn't make any practise games. Appeared for his first game with us this season and put in a great man of the match performance. Great goal and assist with Dan's player. well played 54MO.

Good performers:Pilot once again gave a solid performance, this time back in defence, Stephen had a great debut, winning the midfielder award by 3 clear votes.

Awards

58.png Pilotwings

108.png stephen129

88.png 54MO

bap_1.gifRPLTown 2 - 2 RPL Wanderers bap_6.gif

#Rogue - A. Dan

#Tris - A. Dan

This game was closer, though we still went out and put in a good performance, Town taking the lead slowed us down, but Rogue found himself on the score sheet with a quality header from a corner. Town really only got clear on the keeper once in the match, in the last minute, with Timmos effort rebounding nicely for Sean to earn them a draw.

Players MOTM

79.pngTris

Bringing this lad in nearly broke our bank, but he has now adjusted to life and Wanderers, and his performances are getting better every week. A great through past from Dan was expertly put away by Tris.

Good performers: Dan was my personal MOTM, setting up both goals and putting in a solid performance. Rogue also capped off an excellent CB performance with his first half goal.

Awards

6.png Rogue

96.png sixbuttons

79.png tris3d

Running stats:

Outstanding DEF awards
----------------------
Witty : ##
Rogue : ##
Matthius : #

Outstanding MID awards