Tekken: Blood Vengeance

Smoothy

That live action Tekken movie isn't a complete disaster, there are actually some good action moments in it. If you want a truly bad fighting game movie check out the recent King of Fighters one. Holy shit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I watched the 'Blood Vengeance' CG movie that came with Tekken Hybrid today. Basically, if you like the look of Tekken cutscenes and appreciate the daftness of the storylines you'll probably enjoy it. It's not any kind of masterpiece but the CG work is great and the fights are very well put together. It's actually not as action-heavy as I expected it to be, and your patience may wear thin during the er... dramatic sections. Something of a dearth of characters, but it's got Nina in it so the only box I care about was ticked.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, is Tekken Hybrid out then? Would be interested to see Bloodlines.

There's supposed to be another Tekken game coming out soon - Tekken 3D Prime Edition - this also contains Bloodlines. Oh, just Googled it and it's a Nintendo 3DS game.

• 4 months later...

They're having another swing at it..

After the 'actually not that bad' live action film (that most of the fans hated), and Blood Vengeance (that the fans didn't like much either and baffled anyone else that saw it)... Hollywood Reporter are.. erm.. reporting that Ong Bak director Prachya Pinkaew is getting a swing at a prequel to the live action version. In which he'll concentrate on the fighting and casting actors who a) resemble the fighters and b) can fight..