West Ham United

djbhammer

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blimey, not posted in here for ages! Took a long break but happy to be back in the thread.

Perfect European performance. Zouma oozes class and brings a top quality mentality to the back line, he was constantly talking and pointing and taking the lead at the back. He even brought the best out of Diop.

Full credit to Moyes. The team has an identity and even fringe players coming in know their roles. We look a decent side!

Such a shame we have Antonio suspended for the weekend though.

I'm not that fussed that Mike is suspended. He was blowing toward the end last night as he does so much running and it'll be nice to see how the Bowen/Vlasic replacement strategy that Moyles has (he does have one, right? :unsure: ) holds up.

I'm feeling a 1-1 draw with the Red Mancs.  

My wife and I went to the Leicester City game, first time in years and years and first time at the new stadium, and it has ruined the season for us in terms of expectations, feel like we must win something this season especially with Rice almost certainly on his way out in the summer.

We were sitting there, pinching ourselves, going "is this how West Ham play football now??" And watching last night it cemented the fact that we have a solid identity, philosophy, and plan. I find it hard to say that about virtually any other West Ham side in my lifetime tbh.

Just got home. What the actual fuck. If it was a film script it would be binned for being too far fetched. The Noble business will lose Moyes credit as people start to reflect. The Lingard goal was always going to happen. But Ronaldo….. The guy has nothing left to prove to anyone, but still thinks diving all over the shop is how to play ? Really ? Some fucking example there. Very disappointing. Today might have been the game RIce says, fuck this , I’m off. I rate his pens about as much as Moyes obviously does, but there were others out there who i would allow to take one. Yarma for one. I will be blogging but need to get my rational head on first. Enjoyed my new t-shirt though.

0173ECFA-DC85-460B-9EB8-CD7255220196.jpeg

Don't know what you're complaining about LJ. Didn't you read? Ronaldo never dives and all three were stonewall pens. Or so the Man U fans say anyway. 

First one Coufal wasn't committing to the tackle and Ronaldo did what Vardy made his name doing and initiating contact. Second one, if they're talking about the tiny little tug from Cresswell was an absolute nothing and the third would have been a penalty as Zouma didn't touch the ball but Ronnie was already on his way down so that probably made Atkinson's mind up for him.

Beaten by the better team and a draw would have been harsh on them, despite us having chances but jeez, don't they run neck and neck with a lot of Liverpool fans in the 'most entitled' stakes.

I've always rated Rice, but couldn't believe how he was blowing out of his arse after that one run into the corner. Is he still a bit short of fitness?

West Ham were good today. Wouldn't have deserved a point but a lot to like about them. If that new Czech they've bought in can live up to the other two I reckon they'll be a shoo in for European football.

Never a fan of seeing a player come on cold to take a penalty, just don’t see the logic. Moyes got that horribly wrong sadly. If he does not trust Rice with pens, will he make a sub in a game when we get a pen after 5 mins?! Makes no sense. The lack of back up striker is going to cost us as was shown today. We missed Antonio terribly.

In other news, Zouma was superb again.

26 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I've always rated Rice, but couldn't believe how he was blowing out of his arse after that one run into the corner. Is he still a bit short of fitness?

West Ham were good today. Wouldn't have deserved a point but a lot to like about them. If that new Czech they've bought in can live up to the other two I reckon they'll be a shoo in for European football.

You know we are playing European football already right?

24 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

He's fucked. After his Herculean efforts last season, rushing back to fitness for the Euro's and playing 90 mins every week with barely a break, plus having played in Croatia on Thursday evening I'm not surprised his was hanging. Soucek was fucked from the first min. He's played 90 mins every week since the start of last season and badly needs a break but we don't have adequate replacements for him and Rice. I hope neither plays in the Carabao Cup game on Weds.