IGNORED

Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios) / NAMCO Bandai

Dimahoo

Jesus I'm not getting a sex change to play it

Here come the gaters...

:)

Wheel compatibility info here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html.

Quick buyers guide written in 2 minutes:

• I don't care about force feedback and I want to spend as little as possible: Thrustmaster T80 (not PC compatible according to the link)
  • I want a mid-range, PC & PS4 compatible, decent force feedback wheel with kinda cheap pedals: Thrustmaster T300
  • I want a super awesome wheel and pedals package that costs more money than some actual cars and is made in Germany because I'm worth it and driving games are really important: https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/. You could spend £500-£800 depending on build quality.

Anyone with the PC version wanna do some racing online at some point? If we could agree on a weekly meetup time that would be great so I can schedule it in....

Not even got the thing through the post yet through but if some more ept at sorting this stuff out could organise something... I'm up for it! :)

Let me know... :) - I might be a bit of a mobile chicane though.. :D

Time to drag out the 'ole driving force pro and dust it down. Oh and find somewhere to mount it.... :D Really getting quite stoked about this....

I have the Forza Motorsport CSR wheel (XBOX 360, PS3, PC and now PS4) with elite pedals and wheel stand, fantastic although it did take 3 wheels and 2 power supplies to get to this point.

Customer Service was excellent though, post them a video of problem, new wheel in post (Courier) before old one is returned.

@MattyP I've got PC version on the way, hopefully there'll be a few of us on here.

@Dave White - I bought a Fanatec CSRE back when I was playing racing games a LOT.. and then subsequently became a little jaded by them and it started collecting dust. Obviously will very happy to be getting some more use out of it with this!

I think I would spend less money if I could go back in time, the CSRE wheel and pedals and wheel stand came to about £800 I think. It was fine as I got a fair bit of money for morbid reasons that year, and I'm at a point in my life where I can just spend that kind of money as a one-off (whereas maybe one day I'll have to feed my kids etc) but I don't think I'm really good enough, or experienced enough, to appreciate its build quality and the level of FFB it provides. I probably should have just got the CSR or something. It is a really awesome bit of kit though, that's for sure. Hopefully PCars's FFB is better than the F1 games on the 360!

@MattyP I've got PC version on the way, hopefully there'll be a few of us on here.

:) Be great to maybe start of with a time trail initially.... get some practice on the tracks and nail some good times... then a race on said track maybe week after?? Not sure....

How does everyone usually connect on PC for voice etc? Through Steam? Or the in-game online modes? Guess we'll have to find out....

Anyone on Steam feel free to add me... gametag thingy as in signature! :)

The only way Logitech wheels will work on PS4 is if the developer puts generic USB support into their game and allows you to manually configure your device. Of course this comes with drawbacks, and those are no force feedback effects, the lack of shifter input with the G series wheels.

The developer of War Thunder did this but so far no racing game developers have shown any sign of wanting to follow. It's a shame because I won't be buying Project Cars for this reason, and it was the reason I didn't buy Driveclub.

The smooth input of a forcefeedback less wheel is miles better than using a control pad, so those that own a Logitech wheel need to hit up Twitter and ask Namco, Slightly Mad for generic USB support to be added in the PS4 version so we can use our Logitech wheels.

Earlier today Valve implemented an automated discount for the two lowest tiers of backers, so when you went to buy the game the discount was automatically applied.

Since then they have changed it to sending out coupons instead.

As I bought my copy earlier today, I now have a 50% off coupon available if anyone wants one?

got mine delivered today on xbox one, didn't even realise until just now as someone put it on the side under a load of boring looking letters and i didn't look properly! installing now :D

You jammy git! Who did you order from?

Just reading that Eurogamer preview and I was wondering can you make your own custom championships or playlists in single player - so create a string of events with different tracks etc... I'm asking because of this:

There's also the fact that the excellent career mode, in its fierce focus on contemporary motorsport, ignores half the game's modest car list - the road cars and historic racers - and a even a good portion of its more lavish track list.

gameseek, for 35 quid

Nice one man I hope you have fun! I'm awaiting an amazon delivery and I'm away at the weekend :(

So. What is the best budget wheel for PC. Something that can be easily attached and removed from the table.

Would the old 360 wireless wheel ( not the stupid thing without pedals and FF ) not work on PC? If so, it's quite a good wheel from my experience of it.