Incredible Jap gamesplayers....

Rayn

After browsing the net, I've stumbled over quite a few video clips showing som insane skills in various games.... Check out the links below and compare your skills with whats on show here....

Super Mario Bros. 3 clocked in 11 minutes!!! http://home.no.net/apollox/moSMB3.wmv

Tetris World Championship... OMG :Dhttp://www.nordlan.org/~sfenne/phun/558_te...pan_finals.mpeg

Megaman 2 clocked in 29 minutes.... Very impressive skills on show here... http://batman.jypoly.fi/~c2236/mock.wmv

What do you think about what you see here? I'm impressed, thats for sure...

It has already been established that the SMB3 is not real.

By not real I mean it was done via an emulator/slow mode and save state.

Try getting hold of the Ikaruga Appreciate DVD for some real Japanese game playing gods :D.

EDIT: You can download some vids from the Appreciate DVD here

You need to see that clip of the chappy playing that mental rythm action game where he has to whack all those different wostsits in time to the music.

Yeah, I've seen that one. Notable for those two Japanese girls standing behind him absolutely pissing themselves at his wild limb-flailing.

You need to see that clip of the chappy playing that mental rythm action game where he has to whack all those different wostsits in time to the music.

Yeah, I've seen that one. Notable for those two Japanese girls standing behind him absolutely pissing themselves and his wild limb-flailing.

Link plz?!?

Really? Can you post a link to where this was established. I was well impressed by that video, and it feels a shame that it's not true.

Really? Can you post a link to where this was established. I was well impressed by that video, and it feels a shame that it's not true.

Unfortunately I cannot, since this discussion took place quite a while ago - the vid has been floating about for a long time.

The best evidence of this comes when he killes any of the bosses - if you look, as soon as he enters the fight he fires two fireballs very close to each other.

I dont believe it is possible to fire twice that close together using a regular pad, and thus it was done via slow motion.

This is all the info I could find on it (which of all places is from gamefaqs):

P.S. The 11 minute video was faked. It used Famtasia, which allows you to load states while recording. It also logs one load state as a re-record. Somebody loaded the file with Famtasia and there were 40,267 re-records.

I love these videos so much that I am downloading them on a dial-up modem. No, that's not some kind of bizarre mark of respect, I simply don't have broadband.

I have the Ikaruga Appreciate DVD and insanely impressive it is. But I suspect it uses a turbo fire since there is a single-line-of-bullets move which the player does requiring what I consider to be inhuman speed.

I love these videos so much that I am downloading them on a dial-up modem. No, that's not some kind of bizarre mark of respect, I simply don't have broadband.

I have the Ikaruga Appreciate DVD and insanely impressive it is. But I suspect it uses a turbo fire since there is a single-line-of-bullets move which the player does requiring what I consider to be inhuman speed.

It was me, honest.

Don't forget the Metroid Prime done quick.

The arcade version of Ikaruga in Japan generally has an autofire button, and it has been confirmed that WIZ does use autofire (as I suspect do the other players on the DVD) for their runs.

However the autofire doesnt give you anything that cannot be done without it.

Every single section where it is used in the Appreciate DVD, I, or others have achieved without autofire and without much added difficulty.

http://www.planetquake.com/sda/mp/

There you can find a metriod prime speed playthrough, done in 1:37 with 100% items.

Ive watched it and found the whole thing V. impressive. The guy uses all kinds of bugs and exploits to get the time, skipping out whole sections, and doing others the 'wrong way'. Check it out.

adam

I seen that, the worst has to be the way he fights the plant boss with only 1 energy tank. Even more insane is straight afterwards he rolls off the edge in the chamber with the spiderball track section, the only way back into the sun chamber after said boss. Lands on one of those mad wall beaties near the top then bomb jumps back up, fights the ghosts and collects the ruin piece.

That was one of the last ruin pieces i collected after 20hrs or so.

Mind melting!!

There you can find a metriod prime speed playthrough, done in 1:37 with 100% items.

Ive watched it and found the whole thing V. impressive. The guy uses all kinds of bugs and exploits to get the time, skipping out whole sections, and doing others the 'wrong way'. Check it out.

adam

It's already been snuffed as a fake on ntsc-uk.

I'll get the link in a sec...

adam

The Metroid Prime speed video is not a fake...

I dont remember seeing anything on ntsc-uk proving otherwise either...

How could it be fake? The whole thing is on video from start to finish...

adam

The Metroid Prime speed video is not a fake...

I dont remember seeing anything on ntsc-uk proving otherwise either...

How could it be fake? The whole thing is on video from start to finish...

Did he not use an action reply hybrid or something?