Ocarina of Time Versus Wind Waker

ubob

I don't understand you crazy people who have got unfinished Zelda games.

When I get a new one, they virtually complete themselves, i.e. I play them voraciously, like an addict getting a fix, until every last bit is done. Then I usually play them again from the beginning.

Got my 4 game bonus disk last night. Majora's Mask looks lovely! Oh, and they've improved the speed with which the game pulls up the menu screen by the way. There was a small delay in OoT GC.

Everyone knows the LTTP is the best.

LTTP is too difficult for my paltry gaming skills.

I dearly love the first sections of WW. EVerything is almost perfect. I thought even more highly of it when I played it through with my 5 year old nephew. That was a delightful experience, although the forsaken fortress was a bit fiddly for him. Ultimately I felt let down by the dungeons and I've not surmounted the hurdle of the search fior the TriForce shards. As a game, it pales in comparison to the others, sadly, but its still a tremendous achievement

Oh, and they've improved the speed with which the game pulls up the menu screen by the way. There was a small delay in OoT GC.

Cool, that got on my nerves.

Despite importing them, I have not finished Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages lies unopened ... they just didn't grab me in the way Link's Awakening did. I can't exactly fault them either, it just felt like more of the same ...

Oh, and they've improved the speed with which the game pulls up the menu screen by the way. There was a small delay in OoT GC.

Cool, that got on my nerves.

Despite importing them, I have not finished Oracle of Seasons, and Oracle of Ages lies unopened ... they just didn't grab me in the way Link's Awakening did. I can't exactly fault them either, it just felt like more of the same ...

And where have you been, young man?

The Majora's Mask menu is pretty much instant now. And the higher res and framerate fix is just lovely.

The Oracle games are my least favourite Zelda titles, but they're still fantastic. I can't really remember that much about them though.

Tell a lie! I remember Twinrova! That was cool.

Just got to the Forest Temple on OoT - looks a bit spooky to me! It is striking that my first feeling going into dungeons in OoT is a slightly ominous, nervy one. The previous dungeon, the fishes stomach (Jaby Jabu?) was similar in this effect although that was a small little dungeon it must be said and became a doddle to navigate once I had the boomarang I don't think I had this feeling very much at all playing through TWW.

Just got to the Forest Temple on OoT - looks a bit spooky to me! It is striking that my first feeling going into dungeons in OoT is a slightly ominous, nervy one. The previous dungeon, the fishes stomach (Jaby Jabu?) was similar in this effect although that was a small little dungeon it must be said and became a doddle to navigate once I had the boomarang I don't think I had this feeling very much at all playing through TWW.

The 'adult' temples in Zelda are the best ever. Best bosses, best atmosphere, best puzzles, best everything.

The Forest Temple was my favourite, but that doesn't mean the the next ones are any worse, just that it had my favourite setting and atmosphere. You'll love the boss! :huh:

The 'adult' temples in Zelda are the best ever. Best bosses, best atmosphere, best puzzles, best everything.

Nope, not even close to Lttp's dungeons. They are complete masterpieces.

Atomsphere? As a child I was absolutely terrified of the Dark World forest dungeon. Those fucking weird faces still unnerve me even now.

Gannon's Tower is the zenith of Zelda dungeons, requiring you to pull together every single skill that you have acquired during the course of the game. It also features an optional puzzle that is one of the most elegant little puzzles ever to feature in any Zelda game.

Nope, not even close to Lttp's dungeons. They are complete masterpieces.

Atomsphere? As a child I was absolutely terrified of the Dark World forest dungeon. Those fucking weird faces still unnerve me even now.

Gannon's Tower is the zenith of Zelda dungeons, requiring you to pull together every single skill that you have acquired during the course of the game. It also features an optional puzzle that is one of the most elegant little puzzles ever to feature in any Zelda game.

Well, I prefer the ones in OoT, although I see your point entirely.

Where were you up to again?

Forest Temple. With the terrifying hand guys that grab you. *shudder*

Well, the forest Temple was my favourite bit of the game. It had a really creepy atmosphere, what with the big open hall bit, the twisty corridor puzzle, and of course The Grabbing HandTM.

Why did you stop? Are you stuck?

Not stuck. I was in the room that involves much block dragging and stuff (I think it may be the place you get the bow and arrows) when my flatmate came in wanting to watch TV. Then my games got packed up as we prepared to move flat. Then when I got there I couldn't be assed unpacking everything for ages. When I did eventually get round to it I was snowed under by coursework and had no real game time. I'm on holiday now and I've got a few games to complete.

Remind me what that was; I've played LttP recently and can't remember it.

I have to say that I also preferred the dungeons in OoT. The water temple was totally confusing, although battling mirror link at the end was great. Realising that you have the hammer and he doesn't is great :o

Except that I beat him without realising that. What a muppet.

That's a great moment. The large spooky expanse which gradually morphs back to a normal room after the battle. Atmospheric stuff...

I have to say that I also preferred the dungeons in OoT. The water temple was totally confusing, although battling mirror link at the end was great. Realising that you have the hammer and he doesn't is great  :lol:

So did I, I think.

Can't for the life of me remember how though. :o

I have to say that I also preferred the dungeons in OoT. The water temple was totally confusing, although battling mirror link at the end was great. Realising that you have the hammer and he doesn't is great  :lol:

So did I, I think.

Can't for the life of me remember how though. :o

I managed it using bombs, Din's fire, and about 3 fairies. Took me about 45 minutes.

I have to say that I also preferred the dungeons in OoT. The water temple was totally confusing, although battling mirror link at the end was great. Realising that you have the hammer and he doesn't is great  :D

So did I, I think.

Can't for the life of me remember how though. :lol:

I managed it using bombs, Din's fire, and about 3 fairies. Took me about 45 minutes.

Same here. :o

I remember hating that part because it seemed practically impossible.

I have to say that I also preferred the dungeons in OoT. The water temple was totally confusing, although battling mirror link at the end was great. Realising that you have the hammer and he doesn't is great  :D

So did I, I think.

Can't for the life of me remember how though. :lol:

Same here. :o

I remember hating that part because it seemed practically impossible.

I had Biggoron's Sword. Toasted him first time out :D

Right you bastards. I'm going to get my N64 out, take it back to Ireland with me for christmas and play OoT properly. I've started it about 10 times and have always just gotten bored a hour in.

I can understand that. The beginning is quite slow. If you're not entranced by the time you meet Zelda, you officially don't like it.

Right you bastards. I'm going to get my N64 out, take it back to Ireland with me for christmas and play OoT properly. I've started it about 10 times and have always just gotten bored a hour in.

I can understand that. The beginning is quite slow. If you're not entranced by the time you meet Zelda, you officially don't like it.

Oooh, I'm reminded of when you first go to the castle. There's a bit you can peer into and see a portrait of Mario on the wall isn't there?

Remind me what that was; I've played LttP recently and can't remember it.

Towards the top of the Tower there is

xx | | |

xx | | :

Which is the shittiest diagram ever for a block (x's), a chasm and on the other side a wall with a crack (:o in it. You come up the left side, the one with the block on it, and seemingly no way to get across. There's nothing to hookshot onto to get to the side with the wall, you can't jump in Zelda 3 and this is the only room that you can get to the ledge from.