IGNORED

Halo 4 - It's the one before Halo 5

T Pot

How did the team slayer (or equivalent) post-game leaderboards work in the previous games? Was it KDR?

If so, they've dropped the ball a bit in this version. In Infinity Slayer at least.

If been in quite a few games where I've finished 3rd in my team despite having a KDR much higher than my team-mates.* The order is purely score-based so even if they've given the opposing team more points than they earned they'll finish above me. The leaderboards tend to reinforce that behaviour.

Shouldn't we be ordered on Score Win/Loss Ratio? In fact is that even recorded? I don't see it anywhere on Waypoint.

* I'm assuming that points/kill will roughly even out over a match and not that my teammates are 100% headshotting/cross-map sticky grenade kill players

What's worse is the final kill total is nearly always one or two kills different between the scoreboard at the end of the game and the post game (back button) scoreboard! This is also the worst Halo for network problems. Game ruining lag almost every game, lately.

I miss the Halo 2 ranking system where you had one rank which equated to "overall time played" and another which tried to capture how good you were at a specific game type (which could go up and down depending on your performance against other individuals).

That was in Halo 3 after a title update (the overall part at least). In Halo 2 you did have a different rank in different playlists and yeah, it could drop.

God the bit in that tiny arena with the three banshees, 4 ghosts and millions of elites is just horrible on legendary. Its stupidly designed so as to provide no angles where you're not being shot. Real dip in quality.

And then the room immediately after it with the giant orange ball in the middle is a complete joy, with flanking elites and multi layered combat with plenty of tactical routes. Feels like 2 different teams designed them

This really did end up quite a schizophrenic mix of incredibly amazing gameplay and fucking boring bullet spongey promethean knight shit. The new weapons were all great fun, and the knights were occasionally great fun. The game offered the best options for close up gameplay since Halo 1, but by the end I was ready for it to finish. Reach had the better campaign for me, but this was better than 2 and 3. Still a fantastic game but I think it'll probably be my last Legendary outing on Halo as Heroic just offers more chances of badassness and fun.

Got this for Christmas, can't say it's really grabbed me, I just sort of dip in and out of it when I can be bothered. These new dudes are boring to fight and the dreaded 'Return to Battlefield' shit cropped up horribly quick considering I wasn't even trying to go exploring or anything.

On a happier note, nice to see the Elites back to something like their old jibber-jabbering selves, though it's a little jarring in narrative terms given they were buddies and perfectly understandable last time the Chief was doing his thang. Not really complaining though, they're still way more fun to fight than any other FPS dudes.

I do miss Keith David though. Still, having Jen H on the team makes up for it a bit.

God the bit in that tiny arena with the three banshees, 4 ghosts and millions of elites is just horrible on legendary. Its stupidly designed so as to provide no angles where you're not being shot. Real dip in quality.

Is that the one up high, on platforms? I cheated (in Heroic) by flying as low as possible and staying under the walkways to avoid being fired upon. I popped up at the end after strafing the bit by the door with the fuel rod cannon a bit. Not my proudest moment but it's a stupid level.

Rattled through some more of my Legendary playthrough last night.

I may just have to call the Composer level my favourite level of any of the Halos. It just never lets up and is briliant from beginning to end. Pushing forward through the level, one encounter at a time, it's just so bloody good. Amazing stuff.

Is it me or is Heroic on this noticeably harder than previous Halos?

I reckon so. I started on Heroic so I could enjoy the story more (I read the novels!), but packed it in and restarted on Legendary. Haven't really noticed the difference.

If anything, Legendary seems easier, but that's probably because I give the enemies a bit more respect, instead of running in, guns blazing, and expecting them to act like morons.

I finally picked this up last night. It's proper Halo isn't it. Really good fun.

One thing. the story was bumbling along. Fine. Then all of the sudden Cortana start telling me we need to get to The Infinity, which happens to be a protoype UNSC ship.... Uhh, what? when did that turn up? Did I miss the bit where they found Chief?

Is that the one up high, on platforms? I cheated (in Heroic) by flying as low as possible and staying under the walkways to avoid being fired upon. I popped up at the end after strafing the bit by the door with the fuel rod cannon a bit. Not my proudest moment but it's a stupid level.

Oh nah I was ok with that bit, its the first banshee section quite early on

I finally picked this up last night. It's proper Halo isn't it. Really good fun.

One thing. the story was bumbling along. Fine. Then all of the sudden Cortana start telling me we need to get to The Infinity, which happens to be a protoype UNSC ship.... Uhh, what? when did that turn up? Did I miss the bit where they found Chief?

Keep going, it'll all make sense

No, I believe he's talking about the purple bit outside where you come out of a door and straight ahead you've got a ghost and elites and on your left an elite runs into a banshee. I could only finish that bit by exploiting a little bug - running forwards then left to duck under a platform where for some reason enemies couldn't spot me, darting out, firing until my shields ran out then back under the platform again.

I remain unconvinced about the campaign (I'm still only on the fourth level though in the sniper section, so this is a little uninformed) but multi-player is such a step up from Reach.

Amazing scenes last night when Wah, Clust3r and I destroyed all comers for about two hours straight, even with some rubbish randoms filling out the team. There were a few tight games but most were complete romps. We had a bizarre game on Abandon where our opposition charged at us at the bottom of the map for the entire game instead of camping up in the tower or picking us off from the forest. I feel like I understand the maps now, although I never seem to know which side of Adrift I'm on.

Things to improve #1: stop camping around corners with the Boltshot when Wah needs backup.

Finished Legendary last night (along with getting all the terminals).

Fucking brilliant game. There were a couple of bits where I was cursing it, wondering how I was going to get past certain bits, but then, I just tried something different, took the fight to the Knights with a scattershot and fucked them up real good. I'm still not sure about the fan-fic ending sequence

between The Chief and Cortana

but apart from that, brilliant stuff.

Fucking hell mission 3 is hard. And i'm only playing on Heroic.

I felt like such a pussy running past enemies at some points. There's a bit when a Knight shoots two Covenant off their ghosts, the bit before that with SHITLOADS of chaos going on around you. It never lets up this mission.

Love it!