IGNORED

Halo 4 - It's the one before Halo 5

T Pot

I didnt like the weak nades at first but I kinda do now. You'd die soooo much otherwise. Still loving it, but god damn 9 maps is a fucking swizz. Coming from BF3 where there are 23 maps out now, each one of which is bigger than all the Halo 4 maps put together, it feels a bit like a Live title.

I'd say it's the other way round, personally. BF3 is a mutliplayer game with a shit tacked on single player followfest. This has a majestic single player game, Spartan Ops and the multiplayer as well. It's a far more rounded package, IMO.

I didnt like the weak nades at first but I kinda do now. You'd die soooo much otherwise. Still loving it, but god damn 9 maps is a fucking swizz. Coming from BF3 where there are 23 maps out now, each one of which is bigger than all the Halo 4 maps put together, it feels a bit like a Live title.

Didn't Battlefield 3 only launch with nine/ten maps though, plus 4 extra if you bought the Limited Edition? Obviously the maps are bigger in BF, but to a certain degree there are chunks of space in the BF maps that don't require a huge amount of attention from the designers (I'm not forgetting lines of sight etc).

Also, to be fair to the 343 team, the story mode in Halo 4 is somewhat better than that found in BF3 ;)

I'd say it's the other way round, personally. BF3 is a mutliplayer game with a shit tacked on single player followfest. This has a majestic single player game, Spartan Ops and the multiplayer as well. It's a far more rounded package, IMO.

I'm only talking about the multiplayer though

Didn't Battlefield 3 only launch with nine/ten maps though, plus 4 extra if you bought the Limited Edition? Obviously the maps are bigger in BF, but to a certain degree there are chunks of space in the BF maps that don't require a huge amount of attention from the designers (I'm not forgetting lines of sight etc).

Also, to be fair to the 343 team, the story mode in Halo 4 is somewhat better than that found in BF3 ;)

Yeah BF3 only launched with 13 maps, but thats still 30% more than Halo 4, ad each of those maps is bigger than all halo maps combined (or thereabouts) and takes half an hour to play one round.

it reminds me of the days when fighting games only came with 8 playable characters. For the most expensive game MS have ever made i'd expect more than 10 maps. Especially when they are divvied up between gametypes.

I know what you mean. I suppose that MS looked at CoD which usually ships with 10 maps (although they're at least playable, if not designed for, all game modes) and the Xbox Live metrics.

MS must know how many unique consoles play CoD online, and how many purchase the DLC, and they know they can follow the same model and get a proportionate amount of revenue versus sticking the maps out on day one. They did the DLC maps thing with Halo 3 and Reach I think?

It still sucks, but that's mega-business for you. I guess DICE build for multiplayer and tack the single player on for EA.

I'm finding the MP a baptism if fire coming fresh from Reach. It's much faster and obviously there's some crazy new weapons which some folks already have in their loadouts. The gun I'm doing best with us the AR which seems much steadier and a must for CQC.

Loving it.

Well, if you want to reduce any game to constituent parts, then any game is a fit for arcade or whatever.

Erm no, BF3 is an absolutely enormous multiplayer package. Halo is an arena shooter with 10 maps. An excellent arena shooter with 10 maps granted, but still

You still on about MP?

Yeah, I havent played the campaign yet

Next complaint. Guns from downed foes only stick around on the battlefield for about 30 seconds. Not keen on that.

this isn't me knocking the game, I think it's superb, just constructive feedback

Not keen on that either. By the time you respawn and run back to where you died, your weapon is gone. Sucks.

Erm no, BF3 is an absolutely enormous multiplayer package. Halo is an arena shooter with 10 maps. An excellent arena shooter with 10 maps granted, but still

Yeah, I havent played the campaign yet

It's not what exactly what you'd call starved of content as a package though is it?

Eight hour campaign and 50 free Spartan Ops stages..

Just got my first running riot. Really needed more weapons on the battlefield after 19 kills

It's not what exactly what you'd call starved of content as a package though is it?

Eight hour campaign and 50 free Spartan Ops stages..

No, as a package it's exceptional. But the multiplayer is already starting to repeat after 3 days

I understand why though - after 5 mins there would be a mountain of DMRs so people would then spawn with an AR and go to town. I think.

True but they could stay for 2 mins. On the bigger maps it gets pretty sparse. I think it's like 15 secs til they vanish. 99% sure all other Halo's didnt do this. Not a huge problem, but definitely a small problem

Just went 31-5 on big team slayer and 4 of the deaths were when typing on here! lol. Was very clear on that match how quickly guns disappear

You can filter the film that are saved, you click one of the sticks from memory. Definitely the left or right.

You want 'temporary films' or something like that.

Dropped weapons disappear very quickly in single player as well, which is a bit of a shame considering weapons would stick around indefinitely in the original Halo. It’s especially noticeable in this, as ammo appears to be in relatively short supply.

Can't say I've noticed that, and guns definitely disappeared in the original as well, unless, and here's the important bit, you actually picked them up and then dropped them. Then they would stay indefinitely, kinda like the game put them into memory or something. I think this does the same, for as long as I've picked something up the swapped it for something else, when I go back, the weapon is still there.

Could someone perchance sum up the "prologue" of Halo 4 for me? I played 1, 2 and 3, and starting 4 I feel like I've turned over two pages at once or something. I'm currently at the bit where

you meet the hologram lass who says you need to evolve quicker or something, not long after the mammoth section

and a lot of it's going over my head.

Bloody loving it otherwise though.

Dropped weapons disappear very quickly in single player as well, which is a bit of a shame considering weapons would stick around indefinitely in the original Halo. It’s especially noticeable in this, as ammo appears to be in relatively short supply.

Woah if that's true that's a MASSIVE misunderstanding of the wonderful mechanics of Halo. Why hasnt this been mentioned by anyone yet? Planning a route through dropped enemy munitions is a very large part of the satisfaction of halo legendary. "I know there a fuel rod cannon behind that rock, if I can just... Oh it's vanished"