IGNORED

Star Trek Into Darkness - Full Trailer Post #256

Goose

Whether it's good or not, it's not really star trek any more is it? I think the last film completely missed the point of the franchise and this one seems to be going even further in the wrong direction. Heartless cash ins that are star trek in name and superficial appearance only.

Narratively it was way off the series, but it was bang on what the best TOS movies did: lots of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy character work against the backdrop of space adventure. More of that would be good.

They never really did a proper ideas based Trek movie that wasn't somewhat tedious (The Final Frontier anyone?) so I'm not expecting them to start now. We'll have to wait for a new Trek series before that happens. Ideas stuff always worked better in a serial format.

That poster looked familiar. So I used my incredible Photoshop GIMP skillz :ph34r: to make this:

mrPH7zv.jpg

(Yes, I got lazy with the erase tool around the top left, hence it looking like Worms scenery that's been bombarded with explosives...)

EDIT: Updated for JohnC!

The popularity of the first film is unfathomable to me. It's a total pump and dump.

It's a stock scam wherein a penny stock is promoted heavily, leading to an artificial price hike as investors buy (pump) then those responsible for the scam sell their shares for a large amount (dump) before the market responds and the shares become worthless again?

It's a stock scam wherein a penny stock is promoted heavily, leading to an artificial price hike as investors buy (pump) then those responsible for the scam sell their shares for a large amount (dump) before the market responds and the shares become worthless again?

Nah, like a casual fuck - you pump, you dump your load, it's over. Pump and dump. Ain't nothing else to the union.

That ship has a familiar vibe to it

cCVNhtt.jpg

As do the uniforms.

Anyway, as for AU ships in general*......did they ever give an in-universe explanation for the different aesthetic they have?

edit:

*Or rather, the Abrams ships....that is to say, the starfleet ships in the reboot looking distinctly sleeker and spanglier than the old OS.