Nintendo E3 Conference - Summary Page #1

The Sarge

It's almost impossible for Nintendo to fail this one after the crushing disappointment of Microsoft's effort and the decent but unsurprising lineup of Sony. On top of my wishlist is the announcement of a range of promising first and third party 3DS titles - we really need more of those in the pipeline. I'm intrigued to see what Project Cafe will be about as well, although I'm a bit cautious as Nintendo and myself seem to have become a bit incompatible when it comes to 'living room gaming' over the last 10 years. Hopefully the Wii is being written off altogether, piece of shit.

Well, either they win me back with a machine that stands toe-to-toe with the other two technologically, but has the bonus of first-party Nintendo titles, or they lose me forever by forging ahead into casual territory. Fair play to them for doing what they want and making a mint out of it, but I have no interest in another console that nobody other than Nintendo wants to make decent games for.

It's almost impossible for Nintendo to fail this one after the crushing disappointment of Microsoft's effort and the decent but unsurprising lineup of Sony.

Never underestimate the race to the bottom that is E3 manufacturer conferences.

Super Mario 3DS is already confirmed to be on the show - even in a playable state if I'm not mistaken. Can't wait to see what it looks like, mind.

But my hope is that there'll be some new announcements, preferably of new/big IP moving to the 3DS both by Nintendo as other publishers. And give me Advance Wars 3DS for God's sake.

I'll be in my car going home while the conference is on, dinner straight after so I'm going to miss all of it. I think I just read the summary and, if enough interesting drama has unfold, watch it when the children are in bed. I haven't watched Sony's conference yet either, but skimming through the game montages / product announcements / trailers will probably suffice.

I still hope, one day, they do an actual Mario Wrestling game - with proper tag team matches and everything. Except they've got SSB so they won't. Except I don't see why not because wrestling is so big all over the world surely it would be a winner. Bowser from the turnbuckle...BOOM.

I'd kill a box of kittens for a suitably epic sized Metroid game on the 3DS in the style of Shadow Complex (2D gameplay, 3D graphics).

In fact, a truly great 2D Metroid game has been on top of my list ever since I completed Metroid Zero Mission back in 1275.

I've decided I want Nintendo to hold Skyward Sword over for Cafe. If they do release it on Wii its going to be years before we see a proper HD Zelda that takes advantage of all the extra power. Do it, I can wait.

I've decided I want Nintendo to hold Skyward Sword over for Cafe. If they do release it on Wii its going to be years before we see a proper HD Zelda that takes advantage of all the extra power. Do it, I can wait.

I hope not. Its about the only thing on the Wii this tear.