Nintendo E3 Conference - Summary Page #1

The Sarge

Did you miss that whole video of interesting gameplay mechanics with the new controller then?

Inventory management, American football and even more tedious hardware-demo minigames. I'm fucking dying at the excitement of that.

It's like when you used to hook up your GBA to your GC, except there are no wires, and the GBA is now an iPad/standard controller hybrid, and you shouldn't take it outside, and it's all part of one new HD console, and your wife can watch eastenders and you can still play on the controller and ignore your wife, and you can use your 3ds as well if you want, or something.

If you don't have a wife, I'm not sure what happens.

Can't see Sony or Microsoft quaking in their boots after that rather puzzling / intriguing performance.

Some of the 3 DS new/old games look gorgeous mind.

With hard economic times with us the Nintendo money printing business model may face a sharp wake up call - can't see the tens of millions of Wii and DS/ DSi owning families with kids shelling out for upgrades all round somehow.

This conference was all over the place. No announcements for Wii (not that I care), terribly slow, confusing information about Wiiu, no megatons (unless 4 swords 4 free counts), third party line-up for 3DS is still rather meh.

I'm assuming that they'll also be releasing a standard controller for the thing, as if they're expecting people to play CoD and the like on that tablet monstrosity...

I think that's my over riding concern. I think the extra inputs/outputs are cool, but the device just doesn't look comfortable to hold for any length of time. I suppose if it's compatible with Wii peripherals, then titles like CoD can be made compatible with the classic controller.

I'm baffled reading all this. Why would anyone care about playing all these games a year after they come out on other consoles. Unless you're a Nintendo-only owner in which case I can only assume you don't care about all these games because surely you would have picked up a cheap 360 by now to play them on.

Also Zelda is compatible with Wii-U, but also Motion-Plus? Surely they're incompatible, so you have to choose motion controls or just having a menu in your lap but with traditional controls? Does this mean there's an HD version of the game?

So confused.

Inventory management, American football and even more tedious hardware-demo minigames. I'm fucking dying at the excitement of that.

I hope the game devs have more imagination than you. Those "hardware-demo minigames" all had game mechanics that could easily be extended into full games. That baseball game alone looked phenomenal.

It's strange - all they needed to do was show one still of the console and say its a prototype, and all the confusion would be gone.

I'm dissapointed how foetal it all is. Not one proper game showed off - except the zelda thing - yet that was strangely ignored, so who knows what that was. And the third party stuff - great its coming, especially Ninja Gaiden 3, but no word of how it will be intergrated with the controller, whether it will be anything but straight ports.

It all feels like there will need to be a whole other E3 to unveil the console properly, which I guess means it won't be out til xmas 2012.

How the fuck is the wii going to stay viable for a year and a half with just zelda skyward sword?