Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo

Keyboard Koala

Has there been any info released about how residents are retained this time? Do you have to continually fuss around favoured characters to stop them leaving? Tbh I understand the mechanic but it became a bit of a chore in the end.

Ideally I'd like to be able to specify some best friends maybe. Characters who I can force to stay (Bwhaha! etc) without having to visit them EVERY day and pamper them with letters and presents.

can you add me back utopastac, I've got you provisionally registered (must be from the MK thread as well).

I've still got about 10 pre-registerd people that haven't added me back from the main doc in the 3DS thread but I'm now on 98 friends, how can you remove provisionally registered people? Or will I be able to overwrite or something? Anyone know?

It's in the settings tab of the friends list.

oh yeah :facepalm:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the minute until we get more guaranteed AC players on the list in here.

I just hope this is all integrated easily and we don't need to do anything annoying like set up a time to meet or stuff like that from in here. The last bit I saw from that Nintendo Direct about visiting at night time looked quite good but I hope I can also automatically send a letter / object to anyone on my freinds list or something like that. Instead of doing some weird dicking about bit first like coming on here and asking if anyone wants something and then them opening up their letterbox to me sepecifically and crap like that.

I'm probably worrying myself over nothing and it may have been revealed already in that it's out in Japan already but I'm purposely avoiding stuff at the moment so as not to ruin any of it.

There is something about setting friends up as "best" friends (i.e. other 3DS owners) which means that you'll only be able to visit my town when I'm playing and not when my 10 year old has borrowed my cart!! :P

Okay, I've added everyone off the front page and dng. Just waiting on Caz Chan, Pyscho fox, tbb, Rob Rural and utopastac to add me back :-)

I'm Dan on the 3DS by the way :)

How long have we got to wait now?

Man, I bet the wailing from those with download codes from the promo to wait for is going to be quite something, when the cartridge players are all there on day one. I'm one of the wailers, by the way.

Man, I bet the wailing from those with download codes from the promo to wait for is going to be quite something, when the cartridge players are all there on day one. I'm one of the wailers, by the way.

I've got a funny feeling they might send them early, as a thank you for buying 3 other titles...

I've thought about getting the promo code for this and decided to just download from eshop on release day (or is available to d/l at midnight?).

I need to be playing it day 1