IGNORED

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo

Keyboard Koala

Arggh my new resident has moved in and destroyed my only Banana and Lychee tree. Can someone save me one of each for when I can visit later? I can trade apples and peaches?

I have lychee if you want them!

I got an axe and was all excited to chop down a bunch of trees and make a proper orchard....I broke my axe!

How are some of you so far into this? I got it on launch day, have put 20 odd hours in and am only about to just get the island access.

Its such amazing fun though. How anybody could wish Nintendo ill when they're this good amazes me.

How are some of you so far into this? I got it on launch day, have put 20 odd hours in and am only about to just get the island access.

33 hours here. It's now my most played 3DS game and I've had it less than a week.

Good morning to all from the San Dimas News Network. Today's top stories:

:: Ongoing problems with the Nintendo Rail Network are causing commuters to lose connections, thought to be causing "irreparable damage to the town's economy and international status" says Mayor :: Park Clock nearing completion. "It's thanks to the generous donations of citizens and visitors that this has been possible" says Mayor's Aide Isabelle :: Turnip prices remain low this morning in what Stalk Market investors are referring to as 'The Great 'Nipression'. (b103) :: Weather is sunny and residents are preparing for the Summer Solstice festivities in Event Square. 20° and clear skies :: Bug report: butterflies :: Fishing report - Rivers: Bass; Ocean - an enormous school of Horse Mackerel reported, bringing sharks so take extra care ::  Roaming philanthropist and Master of Badges Phineas is rumoured to have awarded Mayor Kerumba with an Icthyologist Badge. Museum Curator Mr Blathers cites mayor's "staggering and tireless work... Reminding him of when he was but a young chick..." We stopped listening at that point. ::

That's all from SDNN for now. Look out for our special weekend bulletin.

Have a happy Friday and remember: be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!

Insects on tree stumps?! I didn't know that one but how can I leave stumps around town, it will look messy!

I have enough trouble not having all my trees aligned in nice orchard like rows :(

In regards to trees, do they always re-grow fruits? I'm sure on the DS I always cut down a tree whenever the fruits came out and then replanted it with one of them but it looks like I don't have to do that anymore. Although it does mean I'll be able to control my harvest better so I might go back to it.

Also, the 'evergreen' trees (ones that look like pine trees) is there any point in keeping them? They don't fruit but I can't remember if something happens in winter with them. On that note, I can barely contemplate the winter snow killing off all of my carefully cultivated and watered daily flowers I've got some nice little flower beds from them flowering next to each other and they're all going to go

On another note, I genuinely chuckled on the train when I stuck my face in the summer solstice hole-for-your-face-thing (the fuck are they called anyway?)

It's annoying me that the best time for em to play in the morning is on my train commute... and the shop is always closed!

but I don't want to change my clock. That's just wrong.

Just change your ordinance to 'early bird' no?

Shoving residents into pitfalls doesn't get old either:

tumblr_moqjfpGgRs1swpiqwo1_400.jpg

According to a post on neogaf, we can get the Best Buy exclusive DLC from McDonald's. so, Raccoon clock this week. I have no idea how you're actually supposed to get it, anyone wanna try?

I assume we look for a present with Pelly near enough to a McDonald's (or, presumably, any The Cloud hotspot) to connect? I'll check today, I am literally 5 minutes walk away from my nearest one.

Bells are at 56, and I see no sign of them recovering now. Today's Re-tail special is Emperor Butterfly, which I don't think is special but one of my visitors was very surprised to see one in Flapston. I got my first non-winning Fortune Cookie today, so Timmy (Tommy?) gave me a Water Bird instead. And Tammie has asked me to find her something, but I wasn't really paying attention so I don't know what she wants.

But, best of all, LEIF HAD AN AXE AT LAST! I'm now scared to use it ...

also, the 'evergreen' trees (ones that look like pine trees) is there any point in keeping them? They don't fruit but I can't remember if something happens in winter with them.

Because they look nice and add variety! Sheesh, some of you guys I swear, you're trying to turn your towns into some sort of dystopian factory farm. I MUST HAVE ALL THE FRUIT AND BUGS AND FISH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. It's not a race! IF ONLY YOU COULD ENSLAVE THE VILLAGERS TO WORK IN THE FARMS

Got fed up with Lief and Nooklings having the same watering can / shovel / rod combination, so I bought them all then sold them at ReTail. Hopefully they get the message and put out a bloody axe next time! (Not a literally bloody axe, just an axe).

Also, what's this about axes breaking? Do all tools break or just axes? I gotta lotta trees to replace, it better be up to the job!

I have no idea what this island business is all about. Haven't seen a peep of any boat tours or anything like that, but everyone else seems to be off on adventures every day. Do I need to be online to make that happen?

I might have to avoid this thread for a bit; it's making me rush around trying to get stuff done rather than enjoy the relaxing pace. It doesn't help that I've played AC before and keep thinking of things that I haven't got yet. :(

I don't know if it really made any difference or not. But the other night when I'd been struggling to get into BossSaru's town, for the 'nips, I ended up save, closing down animal crossing and restarting it again. At which point I managed to get in okay.

Admittedly, before I could leave it showed me Resetti, but it did work first time. Might help others who are struggling...

Crawling the island for bugs is a really good Bell earner - don't bother with the normal trees unless it's a Rainbow Stag, and just keep catching everything that shows up on the palm trees. My payoff from Re-Tail for a pocketful ranged between 65,000 and 95,000 last night :)

Good tip: get rid of your flowers on the island, as the butterflies aren't that valuable and it'll stop them spawning in favour of more bugs.

Hmm, I've been at 100% for a while. I'll have to visit the office again...

Actually I think it's tied to paying off your first mortgage. OR maybe doing a town ordinance or completing a town construction, but I think it's the mortgage. I did all those three on the same day and Tortimer appeared, but he's not been for my wife's character yet and the boat's not there for her, and she's not bothered with the mortgage so far.