Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo

Keyboard Koala

Added Hellcock and Paul M.

It's all coming up Milhouse round my way at the minute. All my exotic fruit trees are starting to bear fruit, I've just done my first ordinance and town development and I've got that lovely island access finally. What a time to be alive.

What's the etiquette for taking stuff from people's towns?

If there's stuff by the gate, or fruit on trees, take it. Anything else lying around, leave it. Stuff in the shops is fair game too I'd say, because they'd have been checked by the mayor before opening the gates. Leave flowers. Leave rocks alone too. Don't shake trees.

Turnips in Carousel were 83 this morning and are 80 now. They went down all week last week so I hope I'm not in that pattern again, decentish chance of a spike later in the week I think.

If there's stuff by the gate, or fruit on trees, take it. Anything else lying around, leave it. Stuff in the shops is fair game too I'd say, because they'd have been checked by the mayor before opening the gates. Leave flowers. Leave rocks alone too. Don't shake trees.

Right. I've only ever taken a few bits of each variety of fruit I don't already have.

I just spent an hour on the island and made around 100,000 Bells. I'd have gotten at least half that again out of the trip if I hadn't set aside a good chunk of my catches as museum donations, too!

My strategy:

I borrowed a net and fishing rod from Lloid then walked laps around the edge of the island.

If I saw a finned fish along the coast I'd reel it in as they all seem to sell for several thousand, but my primary prey were the various stag beetles that appear on tree trunks. The most common is the horned dynastid which goes for over 1000 Bells a piece but the real earners are the larger bugs which can net (ho ho) over ten times that. You do have to approach the rarer beetles slowly, of course, but they're easy enough to catch so long as you don't rush.

It is a bit of pain having to put your catches in the transfer box and then carting them to Re-Tail — it couldn't be further from the dock in my town — but it seems like a more reliable strategy then hoping to catch rare fish and being inundated with bass instead.

Thanks to that concerted effort I managed to a fund a new bridge. Hopefully this will alleviate my current congestion issues:

BNi73FeCQAAJBpv.jpg

i've got reggie's house in my showcase now.

i've ordered the upright arcade machine for myself , he might have a pinball table too. i'll try to order it tomorrow (5 items per day limit)

once they are here if anybody wants them i think you just have to hold it for a second, and then it will be added to your catalogue to order whenever you want. or i can just stick a few in retail.

Edit: sorry he doesnt have pinball, theres a table top arcade game too, but my photo is rubbish, its under the date

post-2590-0-76121700-1372102840.jpg

post-2590-0-01599100-1372102856.jpg

Just waiting on tbb, yiggy, pungee and harlowlad to add me back. :)

Added!

I had you added originally but must've been with the wrong code

Oh, the catalogue definitely comes back? Good; I've been buying and selling absolutely everything because I thought it might.

Also, I'm in a mega huff because I had my first crash online after let's book came to visit and gave me some lovely apples and even a perfect cherry. :(

Why are there no homes in my showcase thingy?

You need to get street passes, but nintendo will also send some out via spotpass. seems some people have got reggie's house that way.

Edit: seems to be American copies are getting that house.

Oh, the catalogue definitely comes back? Good; I've been buying and selling absolutely everything because I thought it might.

Also, I'm in a mega huff because I had my first crash online after let's book came to visit and gave me some lovely apples and even a perfect cherry. :(

I called it and then I came back outside to write a glowing review on your notice board! Stupid me! Will keep my eye open for you though :)

What happens when you put a design up and then remove it from the ten you can save by storing it with the Able sisters and replacing it? Does the design posted in your home get replaced with whatever you replaced it with in your patterns?

Haven't tried it, but I know my wallpaper/floors change when I edit their patterns.

You can have 10 custom designs. Any tiles out are taken from the 10 slots in your inventory. You can store more, but only 10 are in memory, so to speak. The workaround is to move another character in, and utilise their 10 designs as well, thus having a maximum of 40 on the go at any given time.

A few shots from Bortland...

Rocking the new town flag with pride:

HNI_0020_zps02fecd9d.jpg

Gazing at my awesome collection of rare fish:

HNI_0028_zpscc7322f6.jpg

Using my new loft as a bit of a games room, complete with some designs I knocked up this evening on the wall:

HNI_0030_zps5d4e75e0.jpg

Cap'n just asked how my mum was doing. Cheeky!

He sung a song about getting lots of girls when he was younger, and then asked how my mum was doing too!

Anyway, I'm leaving my fruit tress to grow/show fruit at the moment, so I can get to chopping once it's all grown! Step one of my plan to replace all my pear trees with perfect pear trees begins at the same time.

You can have 10 custom designs. Any tiles out are taken from the 10 slots in your inventory. You can store more, but only 10 are in memory, so to speak. The workaround is to move another character in, and utilise their 10 designs as well, thus having a maximum of 40 on the go at any given time.

Thankyou ! This may solve all my problems! I made a street tile which has left me with just 2 spare slots.

Made my way to the island for the first time tonight, completed 2 tours, played supermarket, picked up a sweet shirt and some new fruits! Got 6 varieties ready to plant tomorrow. My first batch of turnips ready to sell when the prices is right and a fountain accepting donations....

Life is sweet :D