IGNORED

The Next Gen consoles

Major Britten

Ah, we're back to "the only profitable platform holder should give up". Good going chaps.

The last few posts have been about Nintendo and third-party support, not who will be profitable or not and who should give up. Is there some alternate reality version of the forum you are reading in your dimension? :huh:

Yeap - I mean, clearly with 10 million 3DS' sold - they are totally wasting their time. May as well pack it in and give us a FTP Mario, with IAPs for power ups.

And another one. Is it just you two guys on planet bleep-bloop, or is it a veritable waggle party there?

Ah, we're back to "the only profitable platform holder should give up". Good going chaps.

Well hey it makes about as much sense as pretending people don't like the Wii because they think gaming should just be for 'nerds'.

A baseless and silly accusation that you made a few posts back.

There's nothing irrational about getting angry (or more accurately, annoyed) over things you care about. If anything, for someone who cares a lot about videogames and who liked Nintendo back in 2006, the irrational thing would have been not getting annoyed over the Wii. The Gamecube was a brilliant little console -- more powerful than its main competitor, charming in every aspect of its design (from the quirky hardware design in multiple colours to the lovely UI), and with a great library of games spanning many genres. Compare that to the Wii: significantly less powerful than its competitors, drab hardware design with a clunky irritating UI (mostly because they refused to give you the option of using the d-pad to navigate), and a sparse library. Sure it had Mario and Zelda, but development resources that in the past might have gone on to those less high-profile games like Pikmin, F-Zero, Wave Race, Star Fox etc. were instead wasted on throwaway titles like Wii Sports Resort and Wii Music. When you add the deterioration in third-party support into the equation (never Nintendo's strength since N64 but respectable on the GC, largely thanks to Capcom), it's clear that it was nothing less than a severe disappointment for anyone but Nintendo's shareholders, their most stubborn fans, and people with only a passing interest in videogames.

Ah, the Nintendo had no new IP aside from the load of very successful new IP they introduced I just happened to not like argument.

I think I sunk more hours into.Wii Sports and resort than about 3 less "throwaway" games.stuck together. On Wii U Nintendo Land is ahead of ZombiU comfortably, and I really like ZombiU

The thing is, I know people scoff at the Wii U but unoptimised it's capable of handling games on current gen platforms, given how much they're wringing out of the PS3/360.

Boyo, running 360/PS3 games on hardware that isn't six years old? The WiiU sure is a beast

It's going to be weird going through the Wii graphical palavar all over again this gen.

The last few posts have been about Nintendo and third-party support, not who will be profitable or not and who should give up. Is there some alternate reality version of the forum you are reading in your dimension? :huh:
That's why I think [getting third party support]'d take something big like getting in bed with Valve.

Yeah okay mate.

The problem with the Wii and Wii advocates is that they have attempted to make the Wii the first console in history that it's not acceptable to like.

Telling them you didn't like the range of games, or the focus on waggle, ie your opinions is simply not enough for them. You fail to appreciate Nintendo's genius and not lauding them for abandoning you as a gamer is borderline scandalous.

I love how the financial side of the industry is such an obstacle to peoples wish fulfilment - if only we could get Nintendo to make adolescent male pandering games rather than the stuff they make, they should be more like Microsoft and Sony. Oh, they're actually massively successful and both the other companies are bleeding billions? Ugh.

It's so transparent.

last I checked - the WiiU was only about a month or so old.

Your point being what? Because my point was that WiiU users pathetically boasting that their console has enough juice to run me-too ports of 360/PS3 games is really quite awkward. Six year old hardware. Brand new hardware.

Yeah, we get it.

The Wii U with some optimization could probably do some nice things.

The main problem is it can't do very nice things for very long- at least in context to the rest of the market tech wise. If the leaked next xbox specs are real, the PS will be something similar and PC will match/surpass soon enough leaving the Wii U behind. Eight core cpus, 8gb ram and the proposed GPU means there is no way the ports can hold up after the initial launch periods. Third party support for the PS3/360 will eventually dry up leaving the Wii U in some uncomfortable tech limbo.

Still, you'll get some pretty Nintendo games and some good looking third party ports for the near future.

Japan will go 4k as soon as they roll out even vaguely affordable sets which is not too far off. By the time the next-gen finishes they'll probably be the norm here as well. Makes sense for consoles that'll be around for years to support it. It's not like Sony don't have a track-record for getting Playstations to push out their new technology.

or perhaps - we just don't take gaming altogether seriously...

Hahaha.. ha :wacko:

I love how the financial side of the industry is such an obstacle to peoples wish fulfilment - if only we could get Nintendo to make adolescent male pandering games rather than the stuff they make, they should be more like Microsoft and Sony. Oh, they're actually massively successful and both the other companies are bleeding billions? Ugh.

It's so transparent.

Oh shut up already. You are so boring man.

The problem with the Wii and Wii advocates is that they have attempted to make the Wii the first console in history that it's not acceptable to like.

Yeah mate it's not like this is the default position of the whole forum here, your opinions really are being shat on and crushed below the unrelenting waggle tide.

Calling the behaviour on this page irrational sure is a baseless and silly accusation, it's not like there's anything irrational about getting mad at people and personally insulting them for pointing out stupid points and wish fulfilment like "Nintendo should go third party" as if it didn't happen, and then going all quiet and awkward when the examples are pointed out, while negging the two people responsible while simultaneously pretending to be the victim, no sir-ree. I am shocked and offended for the very suggestion, furthermore

More like your unrelenting rising cos of games tide.

Argue the point not the person!

Yeah mate it's not like this is the default position of the whole forum here, your opinions really are being shat on and crushed below the unrelenting waggle tide.

What on earth are you talking about? We've got a very considerable Nintendo fanbase here.

Dude, all we asking for is not to be rubbished simply because we do not like the Wii. Why can't Wii owners stand that?

You can't say 'I don't like waggle for reasons X', you have to have a long back and forth in which the Ninty camp act like you're part of snooty aloof nerd elite full of jealousy at Nintendo's success and full of irrational hatred.

You've been making awful comments. We apparently only like 'adolescent pandering games' whatever that means. We're angry nerds. We want to destroy Nintendo.

I'm sick and tired of this shit, and for the last 5 years we've had it.

Some people don't like the Wii and don't like waggle. Like gay people, it's time to get over it.

And you, god, is there anything you don't hate about gaming?

Edited by Smitty

Are you kidding me? How many times do you want to argue the same point again and again and again. I have stated my views on this several times in several threads. I don't see the point in repeating infinitely. It's not that brilliant.

Why not give the rising cost of games thing and the other stuff you flip about, a little rest? I think everyone knows your views by now.

Whatever. I should learn to not give f.

Eh? This is just saying they're developing games as services next gen, which has basically been what the industry has been heading towards this generation. There's plenty of chat on this topic in the Sony patent thread.

Are you kidding me? How many times do you want to argue the same point again and again and again. I have stated my views on this several times in several threads. I don't see the point in repeating infinitely. It's not that brilliant.

Why not give the rising cost of games thing and the other stuff you flip about, a little rest? I think everyone knows your views by now.

Whatever. I should learn to not give f.

Hahahahaha, amazing.

Calling the behaviour on this page irrational sure is a baseless and silly accusation, it's not like there's anything irrational about getting mad at people and personally insulting them for pointing out stupid points and wish fulfilment like "Nintendo should go third party" as if it didn't happen, and then going all quiet and awkward when the examples are pointed out, while negging the two people responsible while simultaneously pretending to be the victim, no sir-ree.

...What?

All people are asking is how can Nintendo ensure third party support is at least at Gamecube levels, especially if the other consoles significantly outspec it. It must be something they want to do, and if not then they will no doubt still be profitable, and a lot of people here will enjoy it, but it won't be for me. Unless the other consoles do something stupid like price themselves out the market.