IGNORED

The Next Gen consoles

Major Britten

You know this is the next gen console thread?

Whats this adding to discussion?

He was having a joke, ffs. OBVIOUSLY.

And ooooooooo 'this is the next gen console thread'!! Look at the train of conversation above - don't get me wrong, I'm as interested in the origin of the phrase 'to the metal' as anyone, BUT WHAT'S IT ADDING TO THE DISCUSSION!?! Quick, everyone jump on Joffo. No, wait, he'd like that.

Point is, people can post what the fuck they like, but clippa would probably spaz out a lot less often if people didnt fucking jump on everything he says and try and make him feel stupid.

Just be a bit nicer?

I had an acquaintance in the late 90s who carried on as if he was surfing. DUDE LETS PROGRAM!! Imagine the human face behind those hacke0rz front ends. He retired at 25 or something crazy on the back of a 3D engine he wrote in his bedroom. I dunno.

Did he get girlz?

And ooooooooo 'this is the next gen console thread'!! Look at the train of conversation above - don't get me wrong, I'm as interested in the origin of the phrase 'to the metal' as anyone, BUT WHAT'S IT ADDING TO THE DISCUSSION!?! Quick, everyone jump on Joffo. No, wait, he'd like that.

Point is, people can post what the fuck they like, but clippa would probably spaz out a lot less often if people didnt fucking jump on everything he says and try and make him feel stupid.

Just be a bit nicer?

I'm with this.

Just be a bit nicer?

Aren't people usually reacting because clippa wades into the thread calling everyone plebs or cunts?

Actually its a term being thrown about often by a lot of people when talking about the "next gen consoles" you know.... what the thread is all about and asking about it helps people understand what they are talking about.

Just be a bit nicer?

Yeah maybe its Clippa that needs to be a bit nicer, my first post on this forum he tried to make me look like an absolute cunt by making an assumption that was totally wrong, and I haven't seen one of his posts leading to a nice reaction from anyone as he constantly makes a mockery of discussions and there topics.

Having a joke is different from taking the piss out of people.

People white knighting for Clippa here are just fuelling his martyr complex. He is of course entitled to say whatever he likes, but the "console dumbed down pleb" thing just makes him look like a prick, and him restating the same shit over and over when called on it just destroys threads.

It fucking sucks because his game recommendations are welcome and FOV fix posts helpful.

I wouldn't mind, but a more accurate controller (not a trackball though, lol) and stuff like Occulus Rift could very well be the future!

Just be a bit nicer?

Its the same joke over and over.

I don't have a problem with Clippa at all, enthusiasm is good. Reading posts where every other word is cunt is not much fun however.

I don't think that was bad, saying "the d-pad isn't where I'm used to" is pretty much the same as "why doesn't A make you jump, what the fuck is this game?"

Sorry if I made you feel like you were in the spotlight or being belittled. I know that doesn't feel nice.

It was more the fact you pulled out the "must be a dumbass COD player" card without actually saying it in those exact words.

I'm not against you its just the condescending nature from a lot of your posts gets old and i've only been around a short while, but thanks for the apology water under the bridge and all that.

So is the latest consensus that the nextbox is a bit weaker than the PS4? (I've been previously told off for using Orbis so I'm just using those terms until GDC or whenever it will be)

Very similar to this round then? Won't devs again just make it on the xbox and then port? Or is the difference more pronounced this time? I said it before but I can't see the majority of CoD / FIFA players going anywhere other than the nextbox, at the very least in the US and if they do that, it will again have the higher installed userbase.

Although if it is noticeably weaker than a mid-range PC (as a lot of people seem to suggest - 'secret sauce' withstanding anyway) I'm definitely leaning towards a PC again. Interesting times.

So is the latest consensus that the nextbox is a bit weaker than the PS4? (I've been previously told off for using Orbis so I'm just using those terms until GDC or whenever it will be)

Very similar to this round then? Won't devs again just make it on the xbox and then port? Or is the difference more pronounced this time? I said it before but I can't see the majority of CoD / FIFA players going anywhere other than the nextbox, at the very least in the US and if they do that, it will again have the higher installed userbase.

Although if it is noticeably weaker than a mid-range PC (as a lot of people seem to suggest - 'secret sauce' withstanding anyway) I'm definitely leaning towards a PC again. Interesting times.

I think the general consensus is that we won't know until we see things up and running.

I'm seriously tempted by the steambox approach - coupled with my WiiU. I can't see any of the other machines improving my netflix/iPlayer/Blu-ray general media streaming capabilities either (which I spread across a whole range of little boxes like Apple TV and WD TV Live etc)

I'm seriously tempted by the steambox approach - coupled with my WiiU. I can't see any of the other machines improving my netflix/iPlayer/Blu-ray general media streaming capabilities either (which I spread across a whole range of little boxes like Apple TV and WD TV Live etc)

The steambox is weird, as a concept. I still don't understand the target audience.

Yeah, it's a nice idea, a gaming PC for people who aren't bothered with putting one together. But does it really net anyone more than one of the next gen, or current gen consoles offers? I don't think so.

Will it just become a player for a deluge of Greenlit indie games? All those roguelikes...

The steambox is weird, as a concept. I still don't understand the target audience.
If it runs Windows, then it becomes expensive and vulnerable to Microsoft interference; if it runs Linux, almost none of the Steam back catalog can support it. I can't see any way for it to support multiple profiles, so if you and your wife are both using it (which seems quite logical in a living room) your saves and cheevos are going to get mixed up. There's vague talk of controllers that is just that -- vague talk. It won't look substantially prettier than Orbis/Durango, as everything will be 1080p anyway. In my opinion it's far from a slam dunk that the SteamBox will be great.