The Next Gen consoles

Major Britten

Its fake. Easy to change apparantly.

jbxWPBhtOck6r4.png

That's the layout of the current website, the screenshot shows an entirely new webpage. its not just the text that's simply been edited.

I'm not saying its not fake but its not just the text that's been changed if it is but people seem to be totally missing that.

Edit: Looking at it again - the banner is too plain.

To be honest i'm hoping it is fake as i'd rather 'the new xbox' has a better name.

(smile contingent on veracity of statement, otherwise a neutral demeanour shall be assumed, which is dependent on time of day, caffeine intake, ongoing anxieties and so forth)

Does this guy have a good track record for being on the money?

Tbh, I'm expecting both SONY and MS to 'do a Wii' and not release a super grizzled beast so I'll no doubt be pleasantly surprised by what we see at E3. Watch_Dogs and the like look suitably swanky for me, secret sauce or not. If it turns out that's all just target renders and blah, then I'll be more disappointed and saving for a gaming PC instead.

I believe the term is; my body is ready.

Bit gutted PS4 looks like its running 4Gb RAM, I was hoping for 8. Load times and sub-HD textures would have been a thing of the past.

Apparently going for GDDR5 more than makes up for that, most people I've seen saying it was a better move than nextbox's supposed 8GB DDR3, don't know why.

Bit gutted PS4 looks like its running 4Gb RAM, I was hoping for 8. Load times and sub-HD textures would have been a thing of the past.

PC games cope just fine with 4GB and provide both short load times and high res textures. Though I suppose graphics cards have their own dedicated memory too.. Hmm.

Apparently going for GDDR5 more than makes up for that, most people I've seen saying it was a better move than nextbox's supposed 8GB DDR3, don't know why.

Every decent gfx card has DDR5 for graphics ram. You need it to draw things very quickly at high resolutions. Since the xbox's RAM is shared, DDR3 could hold things back a bit for high resolutions. It's going to be interesting to see how things pan out for sure.

I think the sub-hd texture thing is because a lot of the games don't run with HD frame buffers anyway, at least that was the case a couple of years ago. I'm not hoping for better load times, it just seems that bigger textures=more memory used.

Does this guy have a good track record for being on the money?

Arthur Gies writes for Polygon currently, but he's been around for a while in games journalism, he is rather bullish on the prospects for what Durango/Orbis will bring and he has been talking to devs for a while about it off the record, from other sources, I don't see anything particularly outlandish about his statements, they aren't PCs in the same way the original Xbox wasn't a PC, but a spec leak would make you say it was, these new machines are even more divergent than that was from being a PC.

Would be in line with the rumours that the PS4 would be unveiled soon. It's also confirmed to be a press event. Five days before their annual Destination PlayStation, which is a retail event.

It's probably not PS3 related, as Sony is currently (as in today) demoing The Last of Us and God of War in LA at a hands-on press event and other forthcoming titles like Puppeteer and Rain aren't big enough for an event.

That would be quite the coup. A reveal, then key details at GDC with tech demos, announce the release strategy at E3, in stores for Christmas.

Alternatively this is an announcement for a countdown to a teaser of a trailer for an announcement of an E3 conference.