PSO GC: Get ready for Episode II Challenge Mode

Jack

I'm usually free on Sundays and Mondays too. Failing that, Wednesdays and Thursdays are also often ok. That's all assuming we start at 9pm or later.

I'm away for Christmas, though... how do people feel about Jan 4th or 5th (Sun or Mon)?

I'm fine for Sunday 4th Jan - 9:30 seemed a good time to start, though 9:00 would give us a better chance of having two full attempts to crack the time. So I vote for a 9pm start. Is that good for you all?

S-Rank just has to be under a minute, though. Betcha.

OK, it's a fair cop; but in my defence I'd just like to say that time is, in an Einsteinian universe, a relative concept, and since I've travelled through more of it than the rest of you, each ostensibly discrete unit accordingly seems shorter to me than it would to you, and therefore by some bogus but almost plausible pseudo-mathemetical formula one of my minutes is roughly equivalent to one of your "youth" hours.

There's that reason, and then there's the Alzheimers. Take your pick.

Guest Lord Monty
Er..team..when's the next meet? I've forgotten. Is it tonight, tomorrow or next sunday/monday?

Oh, and to the opposition, we did it in 1hr 11 min, but Lord Monty DC'd in the last room before the boss (otherwise we would have kicked his ass even quicker :ph34r:)

I seem to remember the 4th being mentioned, which would be sunday i guess. Any time is fine with me. I shall have my revenge old beans!

You might be surprised at just how hairy old men can be. Then again...

<eyes Ulala's inflatable Arsene suspiciously>

...hmm. Anyway, let's just aim for getting there at 9. If we can overcome that hurdle, the rest is sure to fall into place.

And, please, whatever you do, do NOT bring a map. On no account. No way, Jose. That would be like...unethical, or something. Something the fancypants opposition would do, just to give us the high hat. Shmattes, the lot of em. So no maps, no way, no how.

:huh:Psst...make sure you bring a map. :(

Guest Lord Monty

Message for the monty crew: we kind of arranged for a c-mode session on sunday, but undine/cosina prefers monday at 9, so as to be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for his first day back at work....oooo look at that, its the tripped out bit at the end of 2001 space odessey on tv...far out man (either that or its footage of minters new game)

sorry i'm getting destracted, so is monday at 9 good for you chaps? Let us know one way or t'other

Guest Lord Monty
Interestingly enough, the theme from 1002: A Space Odyssey is on the lobbies now until February.

Yes, 1002, the year that intrepid Viking explorer Leif Erikson landed on the moon while attempting to discover america. He left his PS2 there by accident.

After a long pondering session I've decided to resurrect FatBot for this challenge. We really need a decent marksman, considering the kinds of things we've been up against so far - pillars mounted on high, multiple bears, traps, monests, etc. And in future we're going to have those floaty things in the jungle and beach to contend with, as well as Recons. Not to mention Olga Flow, who very much presents a gun-based battle. I tend to favour the gun when I can use it, anyway.

Plus, I'm a coward and I don't like getting slapped by Dimenians.

I knew it wasn't the last we'd seen of your FatBot, old man.

I, too, reckon there'll be more of a place in Ep 2 for the Hunter in-a-Ranger-stylee. So I, for one, give my thumbs up to your FatBot. Etc. Anyhow, hopefully we'll do a tad better this time (praise be to the God of Good Internet Connectivity).

Shame those nice % weps we find are relatively useless in VR, what with the mix of enemy properties and whatnot; pity, that - I used rather to enjoy the CMode rush of finding a 60% 'blah' wep and carving through the bastards who'd a second before seemed so darned ornery. Yee haw.

Guest Lord Monty

Does anyone have any idea if there is a prize waiting for us at the end of all this? Another s-rank would be nice, but if that is the case i'm wondering if it would give you another one if you are using a character that already got one before...

If there is an s-rank to be had, and seeeing as how the new challenges are being spaced out a fair bit, I'd be tempted to do it again with another character for an extra weapon...does it work like that?

I would hope that the S Rank prizes are some of the unreleased ones like the Needler, J Cutter, J Blade etc.

I will be mighty annoyed if Undine doesn't get one because she already has an Ep1 S Rank, I was hoping I'd get something extra good because of the Ep1 S rank as well.

Pondering that, it might be worth me doing it with a fresh character as well and since they are spaced out get 2 S ranks at the end of it all. Depends how sick of the temple the rest of the team are I guess. I'd be up for it.

We could see if we could improve on the 1:02 time with a different set of classes.

the 1:02 time

:twisted:

Er...er...hmm. I think the mofos have been the victims of some cruel hoax involving our being transported without our knowledge to some special server for hard cases where there's a much more difficult version of C1. Of course, there are other possibilities which might account for our time, but that's by far the most likely.

Anyway, I've been giving some thought to this whole Ep 2 C-mode business. There doesn't so far (or didn't seem to be until just now) as much scope for getting way, way substantially under the 'target' time as there was for Ep 1 C-mode (weren't the target times ludicrously easy in Ep 1? - it all seems so distant now). So I'm not sure there'll be the same set of possible sub-target rankings as there were in Ep 1 - who's to say there is a S-Rank at all, or an S-Rank wep? The last bunch of them seemed almost tokenistic anyway. And it's odd that there appears to be no updating of player status after the challenge (apart from time registration): there appears to be nothing obvious to signify that my S-R character has completed Ep 2 C1. I'm beginning prematurely to suspect that there may, after all, be no gittering prize in store after this lot. I certainly can't imagine a double S-R character getting an extra special reward - you'd think one's veteran status would have been acknowledged to some extent after completing the first new challenge if this were the case. Sabe - did Fatty get a C status of any sort after last night's escapade?

Of course, all of this is simply wild and probably inaccurate speculation borne chiefly of my desire to keep myself busy by posting in this august company instead of in less salubrious topics. In which case, it's worked - but at what cost?

1:02, you say?

:shoulder-heavingly weepicon:

Guest Lord Monty

chin up Gorfy, that time only came after many failed attempts. Plus of course the added advantage of my prong, whose gleaming tip dazzled foes and made rappies swoon with its unfamiliar smell.

No mystical letters were to be found floating atop the 'Bot's head after last night, so I too am in the dark on the whole issue of whether C2 is going to yield anything.

People over at PSO World seem to be clued in on the structure of the challenges, despite only the first being available as yet. I don't know where they get their information. I'm not in the mood to go trawling for info, though :D

Plan for stage 4:

Sabe - the switch we kept doing first (reasoning being you're immune to the lillies and can take out the pillars from distance)

Tip - the bottom left switch, pretty straightforward

GK - the 4th one. It's tough but your years of combat experience should see you through that one

I'll take the alternative route parallel to the 4th for the other one. Et voilá...