PSO GC: Get ready for Episode II Challenge Mode

Jack

I think he's hiding in that FFXI thread ;)

Don't worry, I shall be there!

I shall foregoe my usual foray into the lush varied organic realms of van'diel and instead venture into the stark metallic environments that is the VR spaceship on Pioneer2...

Just for you.

Guest Lord Monty

We try to hang out on Arc 9, but the EU servers are having a hard time keeping up with our conversations, so we have been forced into the life of wandering gypsies - setting up camp on foreign ships, astounding the locals with our tales of romance and adventure and resurfacing the odd driveway in a very shoddy manner.

I'm on every other day so let me know when you get sorted and then we can at least meet up and swap cards.

Guest Lord Monty
How are the rest of you chaps doing?

Tonight we shall be collectively fisting/getting fisted by the dragon. I will let you know which event transpires, though I'm hoping it will be the former.

It might even be both, simultaneously...that would be a tale worth putting to song

Yup fisted by the dragon we were, but to put a brave face on it he must have almost been a goner. When he splits he is on his last legs no? or am I deluded?

The old beardy man gibbles and Titchmarsh's demon offspring the Mericarol shouldn't present a problem with 3 casts and a bag of freeze traps. Griffon may be a challenge but at least I can Zalure the big turkey and feel slightly useful. The only thing I added to the Gol battle marathon was s/d and my oh so useful cheery banter whilst you Hunters were tickling his feet.

Yes, to be fair, the balance of c2 is all wrong. 1 hour of slog to get to the real fight, during which only gross incompetence, bad luck, or DC can thwart progress, followed by a punishingly gruelling boss virtually guaranteed to see you off. Rinse and repeat, with added dodgy collision detection/framerates/lag. Grr, indeed. So I can understand your feelings, Red.

But stick with me, kid. The mofos never folded under a challenge yet, and they ain't going to now. Trust me on this: that splitty fecker is dead, this Sunday, guaranteed.

The rest...well, it'll be a piece of cake. Gol Dragon is the nadir of Ep2. As Tony Blair once mimed so succinctly, things can only get better...

Sure they can...we could have a 60ft Delsabre chasing us around a tiny arena, throwing lightning bolts the size of the Swiss Re building and swiping at us with a sword only marginally smaller than the average Intercity train...

What, this guy...

olga_flow.jpg

Pah. He's a pussy; I mean, just look at those ridiculous 'electric' trousers he's wearing. He's clearly an attention seeker, putting on the tough act simply to protect his fragile psyche. If we just ignore his advances, he'll probably go away without causing any trouble.

Unless he gets mad, of course. Those electric trousers are quite large, aren't they?

*Brrrr*

The time was 53 minutes and some seconds.

Well done! Assuming "some" is less than about 1000, you're much faster that us lot... and we haven't managed it yet :lol:.

Is there anybody not already in a team?

I'm already in a team for epII, but I wouldn't mind trying the epI challenges again if you're interested. Maybe other people would be up for it too? I've looked for you online, but our paths haven't crossed yet I think. I'm token, a FOmar.

I've decided to have a trot online tonight - not in cmode or anything (like tiptoe, I'm already in a team (though we're currently playing Liverpool to 'the others' Man Utd)), but if you're after a regular-style game, pop on to Arc 9 this very eve. I'll be on after 8:30 and for as long as HS fails to utterly sicken me or until something more interesting turns up, whichever is the sooner.

Though what I'm really after (apart from JUST ONE POXY FUCKMUPPETING GULD AFTER ALL THESE TWATTING MONTHS OF ENDLESS CUNTING ABOUT IN THE SHITFORSAKEN RUINS FOR FUCK'S SAKE GOD YOU BASTARD FOPPING DEITY WANKMEISTER) is a bunch of hard-nosed ult-a-men who want to give some of the more 'recent' quests some stick. There's one or two I haven't tried yet. And the HL is perhaps not best used simply by going online once a week to get alternately toasted/frozen/stomped by a virtual reality dragon, then staggering home all weepy and resentful.

Man, the mofos are getting soooo girly these days. Except for Red, who oddly enough seems to have started sprouting some facial hair. Maybe it's the stress, or my tube's on its way out. Either way, it's damn purty.

EDIT: Btw, the name's Dracula. Mike...Dracula.

Not one I can use for hours at a time, no.

Due to the way the internet is set up here, I can't share the internet connection with my PC like I used to. Which means PC stuff is fine but my consoles just can't see the internet connection :lol:

Dude, track your ass down a BB modem, and sell me the 56k one so I can finally get online!

Guest Lord Monty

Bonjour fellow c-moders

Theres a brand new challenge awaiting us with monkeys and all sorts. There are funny waddling plants and a huge living cabbage, plus horrible insects and a massive uber-monkey and a few sneaky robot friends. And old stompy himself at the end who cant wait to tread on us with his big hooves.

I'm ready for it - I can even do it tonight, but failing that name a date thats suits your lifestyle

Lord Monty needs you, hoorah!

Guest Lord Monty

Oh, its monday...are we getting killed by monkeys tonight? I will be there anyway, so see you if/when I see you.

I'm bored at work so I'm going to say a bit more: tra la la etc.