PSO GC: Get ready for Episode II Challenge Mode

Jack

I'll turn up to see if the gang's around. Hopefully the gods will be smiling upon us. See you at 9pm.

Sorry I didn't make it guys... I made arrangements to do a quest in FFXI last night, and then realised that I should have left my Monday night free for PSO... ;)

Next time...

Guest Lord Monty

The lag that once plagued the EU servers seems to have calmed down a bit so I've moved back to Arcturus Block 9, which is where you will find me lurking as either Lord Monty or Mrs Monty - pop by and say hello if you like

Guest Lord Monty
He likes playing dress up.

What do you mean "playing"? Its hard work I tell you, finding size 11 ladies shoes...luckily being a robot means my nuts can be easliy unscrewed

It is mega-tough. We had a few goes and were mercilessly destroyed.

It seems there are 2 ways of doing it: you can rush through, bypassing all the enemies and end up at the boss with no weapons or xp, in which case you get killed very quickly, or you can slog through killing monkeys and hoping for some guns to appear, while beefing yourself up. We dont have any rangers in our team, which is starting to make me fear for our success in the later challenges.

How far did you get totoro?

Sounds like I had the same problem as you, we had 1 ranger though. I was using a Hucast and even though I swapped mags with the ranger, leveled up lots and fed the mag, still couldnt equip a gun by the time we got to the boss. :o

...still, guess it lives up to the name. Challenge.

Guest Lord Monty

It is mega-tough. We had a few goes and were mercilessly destroyed.

It seems there are 2 ways of doing it: you can rush through, bypassing all the enemies and end up at the boss with no weapons or xp, in which case you get killed very quickly, or you can slog through killing monkeys and hoping for some guns to appear, while beefing yourself up. We dont have any rangers in our team, which is starting to make me fear for our success in the later challenges.

How far did you get totoro?

Massive server update on March 9th!

Episode I & II

Sonic Team announcement

• White Day lobby decorations
  • Principal's Gift - 2 player quest in VR Spaceship
  • White Day Event - 4 player quest in Cave 3

event38_1.jpg

event38_2.jpg

event38_3.jpg

event38_4.jpg

event38_5.jpg

Episode III

Sonic Team announcement

• White Day lobby decorations
  • Sega Thanks You For Your Support - CARD quest, receive "Gi Gue" card
  • Dengeki Magazine Thanks You For Your Support - CARD Quest, receive "Right Heavy Punch" card
  • US ships Antares and Vega to be renamed Vega/B and Antares/B - these ships give more experience upon a victory, but remove experience with a loss

20040224_05_dengekicup01.jpg20040224_05_dengekicup02.jpg

Guest Lord Monty

I can make it for tonight, i will pop on at 7.30 and see whos around...we can always doss about if the others cant make it till 9.

mr reverse aka liquid myth - i saw you very briefly last night but you disappeared like a startled badger. I will keep an eye out for you and slap you lightly round the face with my card if you like

I can make it for tonight, i will pop on at 7.30 and see whos around...we can always doss about if the others cant make it till 9.

After skipping my stint last week, I shall be there tonight.

I just need to do a bit of FF admin, and I might even try for the 7:30 showing...

Guest Lord Monty
After skipping my stint last week, I shall be there tonight.

I just need to do a bit of FF admin, and I might even try for the 7:30 showing...

Yay, go monkey killers!

Guest Lord Monty

Aww, but we nearly had him*. All we need is a bit of luck with weapons, maybe we should kill a few more monkeys too - theres a bit we didnt do I'm sure...I reckon I could have scraped another level perhaps. Then we pick one guy and feed his mag till it squeeks and lets him use a gun.

I have every confidence in the success of our mission

*well, we didnt really, but as long as we dont need to get close we could survive indefinitely, maybe. Chins up team!

Well Chaps, Guess Who's FINALLY Ready to Return to the PSO fold. Yes, after about 6 months of searching I Finally got a Modem for my Cube (the bargain Price of 5.99 too) and am going to sign up for my hunter's Licence as soon as possible.

Hellfyre18 Rides again \m/

We up for another session at c3 tonight team, same time, same place?

The mag feeding plan is definitely worth a try, we just need to decide which ones to feed. Ideally we would get daisy's DEX up enough to be able to use a lockgun and the others to an autogun level. But I doubt we'll have enough time or food to do that though...

Anyone remember how far you guys were off the ATA requirement at the end of the last go?

and to Chris and Flint - you don't need to have done ep1 cmode first, you can join in the joy without delay.

anyone plan on being around tonight?

c-mode (done none on GC) or otherwise (only lvl 22 force I'm afraid!) or can I gatecrash c-mode another day  :o

Hi Loop,

I probably won't be on tonight, I'm normally on with my FOnewearl (Cosina) Thursday and Saturday evenings and Monday nights for cmode glory with Undine.

We're still hanging out on Arc9 if it's lag free, drop in sometime for a game. Part of me wants to go through ep1 cmode again (or even more ep2), but I know I won't be able to commit to the time to do it right now.

Come along and see what everyone fancies doing on the night. Cmode is a good break from the Ult ruins/ttf/hs shuffle I spend most of my online time doing right now.

I suppose I'll have to make the official announcement then.

The mofos are no more (at least, it would appear that way). Sabe's gone for sure after years of valiant service in the cause, and I think Ulala and tiptoe have had enough too. Which is understandable, given the bone-crunching all-round rottenness of Ep2 challenge.

So if bone-crunching all-round rottenness sounds like your kind of thing, here's an invite to the party: loop, flint, chris: if you fancy some Ep2 c-mode outings (preferably on a Sunday night, and maybe a weeknight too) let me know. We'll have to start from c1 again, natch.

Post here if you're up for it and we'll see if we can fit our schedules together (I'm not really 'on the Ragol' any more apart from the odd c-mode gathering, and I understand that we might have conflicting...er...'social' calendars - but I'll do my best to be flexible). We'll probably need to mix our char classes to best advantage, too.

Apropos of which, what chars are the all-conquering Montague Crew using, if you don't mind my asking?

Apropos of which, what chars are the all-conquering Montague Crew using, if you don't mind my asking?

So Monty has been telling stories about how great "HIS" crew are has he? He can be on Delbiter duty for the next challenge in that case, lead from the front and all that.

Our team make up is 2 HUcasts, HUcaseal and a FOmarl. We have pondered whether we should have a included a RAcast instead of one of these. Let us know what your team ends up as and exchange battle stories etc.

And sorry to hear about the Mofos being disbanded, RIP.